barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

Sometimes happen that the task are created as failed. Do you knew why?

It show task as failed at start, task desc are grayed out  but for example "Kill traitor", i can go there and kill him and the task from failed are changed to success.

Tasks created as failed from the get-go and no mission markers on the map are the most common "join in progress" issues. You can try logging out and in again, possibly in a different slot, but the only reliable fix is to reinitialize the map.

However, it only really becomes a problem in the case of refugee/POW rescue missions. Without a map marker, you have to scan large areas manually, and since they are inside buildings, that can become rather tedious, even with thermal vision.

Hey Barbolani,

first up great mission playing this alot with my pals. Now to the point. I noticed since 1.0 (not sure here could be before), as soon as the player enters a Vehicle she is no longer able to place a mine/explosive with the ACE interaction any more. To be complete you can't do any thing that needs the left mouse button to be pressed.

This is on a dedicated server using CBA,ACE and RHS: AFRF.

Can enter vehicles and use Menu still in any other scenario so it may be a problem there anyway I am open to a work around also.

Same problem here on same server configurations.

And yes this is the best mission I've ever played

Thank you!

Inviato dal mio cellulare

Tasks created as failed from the get-go and no mission markers on the map are the most common "join in progress" issues

I am not sure about that because its sometimes show up as failed and sometimes ad completed.

In both cases the task is grayed out without location.

This happens also when i am already playing some time on the server and also when i take mission from Petros as commander. NOT JIP.

Sometimes happen that the task are created as failed. Do you knew why?

It show task as failed at start, task desc are grayed out  but for example "Kill traitor", i can go there and kill him and the task from failed are changed to success.

Yes, there is a report on the "pseudo feedback tracker" which is being really ignored from BIS AFAIK, and I'm starting to get really desperated with this.

I use BIS task functions and Task deletion seems broken, and task updating too.

Same problem here on same server configurations.

And yes this is the best mission I've ever played

Thank you!

Inviato dal mio cellulare

ACE fail. Making core functions rely on engine action commands causes problems for mission designers, ask ACE team to change that please.

BIS_fnc_setTask and / or BIS_fnc_taskExists and / or BIS_fnc_taskState and / or BIS_fnc_taskDelete are broken.

ACE fail. Making core functions rely on engine action commands causes problems for mission designers, ask ACE team to change that please.

Yes I know and here there is a issue report explained in ACE3 github https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/1677

After dismount from vehicle every ACE left mouse button action become useless, drag and drop fellows, place items etc. This bug is present only in server match, not in SP.

I hope didn't hurt you about my dig in this issue i love your mission and ACE too!

Just a quick question: is there as of yet any mechanism to facilitate the collecting of gear from enemies? Something along the lines of "load everything inside a certain radius in vehicle"? I was going through the changelog since the last version I played, but couldn't find anything.

I tried the mission with two friends some time ago, the main problem for us was the hassle of collecting enough gear to unlock optics and more sophisticated weaponry in the arsenal. With only few people this process took ages and felt like work.

I realize the mission is intended for more players, so no worries, I'm not complaining. Great mission by the way!  :)

Can you imagine this mission with the IFA3 mod? That would be a full on partisan campaign, so crazy! Maybe if I get time over the summer... (yeah right!)

• Like 1

Just a quick question: is there as of yet any mechanism to facilitate the collecting of gear from enemies? Something along the lines of "load everything inside a certain radius in vehicle"? I was going through the changelog since the last version I played, but couldn't find anything.

I tried the mission with two friends some time ago, the main problem for us was the hassle of collecting enough gear to unlock optics and more sophisticated weaponry in the arsenal. With only few people this process took ages and felt like work.

I realize the mission is intended for more players, so no worries, I'm not complaining. Great mission by the way!  :)

The ammo transfer functions work only with ammoboxes, so nothing for corpses but it will work with the boxes spawned when an enemy surrenders.

Are the invisible road obstacles known?

Found them sometimes in open dedis, but I think is something about engine.

Hi I'm using ACRE2 on my dedicated server with Antistasi; perhaps this issue has been looked at but as it stands I am unable to make ammodrops and other NATO related tasks due to the fact that a radio is required but neither the 343 or the 148 counts. Also, even if I had the radio in the inventory, ACRE greys out the slot anyways so it still doesn't work and I can't access an important part of the mod. Previous versions didn't have this issue (we used to play the older version on armaholic with ACRE and did not receive this issue until we recently updated the mod version). Is there a work around that can be made for players that use ACRE or is there already a solution that I may have missed? Thanks in advance and great mod : )!

Hi I'm using ACRE2 on my dedicated server with Antistasi; perhaps this issue has been looked at but as it stands I am unable to make ammodrops and other NATO related tasks due to the fact that a radio is required but neither the 343 or the 148 counts. Also, even if I had the radio in the inventory, ACRE greys out the slot anyways so it still doesn't work and I can't access an important part of the mod. Previous versions didn't have this issue (we used to play the older version on armaholic with ACRE and did not receive this issue until we recently updated the mod version). Is there a work around that can be made for players that use ACRE or is there already a solution that I may have missed? Thanks in advance and great mod : )!

Hey,

only TFAR is (somewhat) supported at this point, so you were bound to run into issues using ACRE. That said, there should be a quick and easy workaround for the NATO issue if you're up for the tiniest bit of editing. I haven't tested it myself, but I cannot see why it shouldn't work.

You can either open NATOdialog.sqf and comment out the check in line 6 or you can change the check itself, which you'll find in /AI/hasRadio.sqf.

May i Ask what kind of revive script you are using for AI-->Player and vice versa. I´d love to use this in every singleplayer mission i do.

Custom revive, inspired on BTC + farroq's

After a server restart, there's a prompt where 3 settings are chosen:

1. Enable Switch Commander (yes)

2. Enable Server Membership (no)

3. Load Previous Session (yes)

Is is possible to hardwire this into the mission parameters instead of having to go through this process every time?

Also, is the only way to save game progression by using the Altis Map at base - Selecting Game Options - Selecting Persistent Save?

Could this process be automated to just save automatically every 10 mintues or so?

Lastly, getting a weird (bug?) when entering the arsenal, it pulls the gps unit from my inventory and places it in the Main Ammobox. Also (using TFAR), when entering the arsenal, it's creating a duplicate radio and placing it in the Main Ammobox, so over time, the Main Ammobox is getting filled up with unnecessary radios. 

First of all, thanks for best mission i ever played.

I played for 2 weeks, then the governament stop to take back the bases, why? is a bug or a mechanic?

@-dark1- I see the future with Antistasi having nice windows and icons, with just a big well done settings window, but regetably, that's not today. About the GPS is not a bug, it is intended, yes for TFAR I will patch it ASAP.

@TravisDaSilva: There may be lots of non-bug causes for tat. You decimated AAF, you are well defended and they decide to have more stuff to make an attack, etc.. Or the opposite, you are not strong and instead of big attacks they send multiple small forces.

Just in case, you may review bug thread in Steam forums, read the first post and follow instructions so I can take a look.

So is ACE explosives never going to be fixed in MP?

I need to take some radio towers down. Is it possible to have explosives expert do it? I can't find command for that.

Do I need to restart with ACE disabled in MP server setup cause it seems I'm spinning my wheels with AAF, every time I take something they just send a massive counter that I have no hope of stopping.

Sorry and again: THOSE ARE ACE DESIGN FAILURES. ASK THEM TO SOLVE THOSE IN PROPER ACE FORUM, I AM NOT ACE DEV.

• Like 1