barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

@zverofaust: It is definetly not something for you. I had the chance of seeing with my own eyes to someone in official server. So there is something making it, but I honestly cannot say what is happening right now. The only script which removes weapons for AI is the undercover one. And all that I see is people not being undercover having this issue.

Speaking of official server I tried to connect to it today but couldn't. Doesn't help that I don't really know what I'm doing in Arma 3 MP. How do you connect to the official server? 

Shit nevermind, I found it. Just had to wait and leave it for a bit.

How difficult would it be to to change the units (eg. rhs or leights opfor) ? Im looking at initVar.sqf, would it work changing the classnames in it or are there other scripts that need to be edited?

You need a deep knowledge of Antistasi to add rhs units.

In future releases this will be more flexible.

Thanks for the info. What about increasing the playable slots, would that mess things up?

Nope, increase as you want but respect the roles from 1.0 as the traits are role related.

Hey barb, question. Now that going into Arsenal will put all non-Arsenal weapons into ammobox.. how do we get ammo? I got enough 7.62mm to meet Arsenal requirements but trying to get the ammo with my marksman rifle just makes rifle disappear and can't get any ammo for it now? Unless I'm missing something.

• Like 1

Based on any new features in 1.0 should we start our progress over?  Or can we continue with what we have saved?

Thanks, great looking new Website by the way! http://www.a3antistasi.com/mod

You can continue your old session with no problem. But maybe it will be more interesting to start a new one.

Hey barb, question. Now that going into Arsenal will put all non-Arsenal weapons into ammobox.. how do we get ammo? I got enough 7.62mm to meet Arsenal requirements but trying to get the ammo with my marksman rifle just makes rifle disappear and can't get any ammo for it now? Unless I'm missing something.

Yes, unlocking mags without having unlocked the main gun may lead to have some unusable gun, but that's only until you match the requirements to unlock it too.

I will study a possible solution for this.

The unlocked ammo but not unlocked gun issue is a pain. Could you just prevent shifting an ammo type into the arsenal until there is at least one compatible gun type in there?

There are similar issues with the Arsenal when trying to add unlocked optics to a locked rifle. It's not really possible.

• Like 1

Hey Barbolani, great work on getting v 1.0 out the door!

Just saw that RHS released RHS:GREF ie a full greenfor faction. It would be pretty bananas to have a full RHS version in the future of Antistasi for a bit more low-tech environment, with RHS:GREF replacing AAF, RHS:AFRF replacing CSAT and RHS:USAF replacing Nato. I know it will probably be a lot of work, but it will probably be worth it!

Any idea if just opening upp all scripts in Notepadd ++ and search&replace all functions replacing class names would work? If so I could try it myself, not afraid to get my hands dirty.

Anyways, once again, good work!

I thought some about the subject of my request, and since Barbolani is being bombarded by requests all day long I decided to flesh out my reasoning behind the request:

1) AAF get's dull after a while. One type of MRAP, one type of truck, two APCs and basically the same infantry over and over ad nauseum. There is no "wow" factor in seing a threat appear, you know what is is exactly and how to deal with it (or to run away, more likely)

2) Super-duper 2035 weapons and vehicles. Auto-lock missile launchers, thermals mounted on everything and aircraft that pop so many flares that they are impossible to shoot down. Give me a old-fashioned RPG or M72 LAW, and let me fight a BMP-1, and let me run away when they call in a Mi-24 on me.

3) Nostalgia. Me and many with me have fond memories of being a resistance fighter in Operation Flashpoint: Resistance facing T-80s trying to make that difficult AT shot or blowing them up with satchel charges

4) Diversity. RHS brings a lot of goodies to the table, like static artillery pieces and AA guns, a plethora of vehicles, weapons and optics. More loot to find = more fun

5) Realism. Again, the future setting of Arma 3 makes for some rather strange gameplay elements where before you have hoarded PCMLs armor is absolute terror while afterwards these shoulder launchers will kill any and all armored vehicles with ease, and hit almost 100% of the time.

EDIT: Some images of the new RHS update, not by me though:

http://imgur.com/a/ZdYQX

• Like 2

Barbolani,

Is it possible to recover the CSAT UAV?

Can FIA still get a NATO UAV from the Ammobox?  I have not yet seen one?

Thanks,

Fantastic mission, me and my mates are having quite a blast playing it. I can't even imagen how many hours you've spent coding.

• Like 1

Yeah the code stay behind, the unforgotten  game experience are on the first place.

A player has an feeling that the scenario lives , everything are dependent,

if you make mistake or neglect something it will pay back very quickly.

The commander role is a shitty job.

Hello all!

Replacing units and vehicles will require a more flexible variable infrastructure that does not exist nowdays.

I am waiting for Tanoa to make such changes, from there, changing AAF by any greenfor pack will be very easy.

Thanks R3vo: just a couple thousand :)

• Like 1

Is there any fix for this "Unlock" issue where Ammo is Unlocked and Weapons are not? So now I have weapons I can't use because I have no ammo for them? I open the Arsenal and weapon disappears so I can't get Ammo, catch 22? 

Is there any fix for this "Unlock" issue where Ammo is Unlocked and Weapons are not? So now I have weapons I can't use because I have no ammo for them? I open the Arsenal and weapon disappears so I can't get Ammo, catch 22? 

A solution is under study

EDIT: Implemented and under testing in official server

• Like 1

Hey, great mission! I play this with me and my mate and the reinforcements/attacks seem way too strong, especially when they are so frequent. Any chance you can add in a parameter or something to have them lowered and less frequent?

Hey Barbolani,

first up great mission playing this alot with my pals. Now to the point. I noticed since 1.0 (not sure here could be before), as soon as the player enters a Vehicle she is no longer able to place a mine/explosive with the ACE interaction any more. To be complete you can't do any thing that needs the left mouse button to be pressed.

This is on a dedicated server using CBA,ACE and RHS: AFRF.

Can enter vehicles and use Menu still in any other scenario so it may be a problem there anyway I am open to a work around also.

Hey, great mission! I play this with me and my mate and the reinforcements/attacks seem way too strong, especially when they are so frequent. Any chance you can add in a parameter or something to have them lowered and less frequent?

Hi! No, we aim to simulate guerrilla warfare, if we low the AAF response, the assymetric thing will be lost and no fun...

• Like 1

Sometimes happen that the task are created as failed. Do you knew why?

It show task as failed at start, task desc are grayed out  but for example "Kill traitor", i can go there and kill him and the task from failed are changed to success.