barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

The revive is cool (especially when camera focuses on teammate coming to help you), but the fact it still relies on shitty Arma 3 AI makes me sad. There have been times I get taken out and camera focuses on AI squadmate, who proceeds to crawl in the exact opposite direction of me forever. I swear every year the AI in this game gets more and more dumb.

Anyway Barb, some more bug reports!

AI weapon disappearing continus to confuse me. I did a test where I left all of my AI squadmates in a truck at HQ while I went and did a City Supplies mission and got myself killed. When I respawned all AI squadmates in the back of the pickup had their guns stolen (but not the guy in the front passenger seat).

Then later, I loaded a persistent save, hired a bunch of new AI squadmembers, used Control AI to outfit them in the Arsenal, and then went to outfit myself. When I was done, I turned around and saw all of my AI had all their weapons disappeared. Ontop of this, I had a different AI squad teleport to my HQ, and all of their weapons were also gone, so it doesn't just affect your own personal squadmates but all recruited FIA squads.

I just can't figure out what's triggering it with 100% reproduction, there's so many variables. 

Anyway other issues:

• Missions that have event triggers at times between :00 and :10 will be missing the "0" in their time. For example a mission saying "Do this by 14:06" will instead say "Do this by 14:6"
  • I requested a Destroy mission from Petros and got a Destroy Air mission. But 5 seconds after getting the mission I received BOTH a Mission Success AND a Mission Fail message for it!
  • I used NATO points to purchase NATO arty support, but I can't seem to get it to work. The SPG spawned at their base but there are no Supports options that allow me to actually use it that I can see.
  • I purchased a Mortar Squad, when it spawned the mortar spawned on the ground next to the truck rather than on it.
  • I had a "Load ammobox into truck" timer of 138 seconds, this seems a little excessive.
  • Any chance of getting FIA AI buffs in the near future? These guys seem worse than ever - they rarely ever shoot their weapons even while being shot at by enemies clearly in the open, and when they do shoot they will almost never hit anything. I have FIA level 3 and after playthrough of like 4-5 hours I can count on 1 hand the number of enemies my squadmates have killed themselves. In fact they are literally better at teamkilling ME than they are at killing AAF!

Really looking forward to 1.0!

Believe this was starting point for this mission. Dont see any setSkill errors.I use Greenfists skillcheck tool

.RPT

13:00:14 Starting mission:
13:00:14  Mission file: [sP%2fCO]%20A3%20-%20Antistasi%20Altis
13:00:14  Mission world: altis
13:00:14  Mission directory: steam\[sP%2fCO]%20A3%20-%20Antistasi%20Altis.altis\
13:00:25 Starting mission:
13:00:25  Mission file: [sP%2fCO]%20A3%20-%20Antistasi%20Altis (__cur_sp)
13:00:25  Mission world: Altis
13:00:25  Mission directory: steam\__cur_sp.Altis\
13:00:27 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_list
13:00:27 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpreinit
13:00:27 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpostinit
13:00:27 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listrecompile
13:00:27 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [bIS_fnc_preload] ----- Initializing scripts in [sP%2fCO]%20A3%20-%20Antistasi%20Altis -----"
13:00:27 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [recompile] recompile BIS_fnc_missionTasksLocal"
13:00:27 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missiontaskslocal
13:00:27 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [recompile] recompile BIS_fnc_missionConversationsLocal"
13:00:27 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionconversationslocal
13:00:27 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [recompile] recompile BIS_fnc_missionFlow"
13:00:27 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionflow
13:00:27 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [preInit] BIS_fnc_diagKey (0 ms)"
13:00:27 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [preInit] BIS_fnc_feedbackMain (0 ms)"
13:00:27 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [preInit] BIS_fnc_missionHandlers (41.9998 ms)"
13:00:27 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [preInit] BIS_fnc_getServerVariable (0 ms)"
13:00:27 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [preInit] BIS_fnc_initPixelUI (0 ms)"
13:00:27   found in (120,342).
13:00:27   found in (120,343).
13:00:27   found in (121,343).
13:00:27   found in (121,343).
13:00:27 MovesType CfgGesturesMale load time 23 ms
13:00:30 MovesType CfgMovesMaleSdr load time 3286 ms
13:00:30   found in (120,342).
13:00:30 soldier[b_G_Soldier_AR_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
13:00:30 soldier[b_G_Soldier_AR_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
13:00:30   found in (121,342).
13:00:30 soldier[b_G_Soldier_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
13:00:30 soldier[b_G_Soldier_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
13:00:31 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [script] initServer.sqf"
13:00:31 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [script] initPlayerLocal.sqf"
13:00:31 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [script] initPlayerServer.sqf"
13:00:31 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [postInit] BIS_fnc_missionFlow (0 ms)"
13:00:31 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [postInit] BIS_fnc_initParams (0.999451 ms)"
13:00:31 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [postInit] BIS_fnc_initRespawn (0 ms)"
13:00:31 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [postInit] BIS_fnc_reviveInit (0 ms)"
13:00:31 "Starting Antistasi SP"
13:00:32 "Antistasi SP. InitVar done. Version: v 0.21.0 Alpha"
13:00:32 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_spawngroup
13:00:32 "Antistasi SP. Funcs init finished"
13:00:34 Strange convex component322 in a3\structures_f\research\dome_big_f.p3d:geometryFire
13:00:34 Strange convex component327 in a3\structures_f\research\dome_big_f.p3d:geometryFire
13:00:35 Fresnel n must be >0, given n=0,k=10
13:00:38 Strange convex component317 in a3\rocks_f\blunt\bluntrock_wallv.p3d:geometry
13:00:38 Strange convex component318 in a3\rocks_f\blunt\bluntrock_wallv.p3d:geometry
13:00:38 Strange convex component319 in a3\rocks_f\blunt\bluntrock_wallv.p3d:geometry
13:00:39 "Antistasi SP. Zones init finished"
13:00:39 "Antistasi SP. serverInitDone is true. Arsenal loaded"
13:00:40 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [bIS_fnc_preload] ----- Scripts initialized at 12966 ms -----"
13:00:47 c:\w\stable\futura\lib\ui\uimap.cpp DisplayGetReady::Destroy:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!
13:00:49 Save game type
13:00:49  Mission id: e71ff2c14405dabe376fa0362c8f0cd297bcb420
13:00:49 "froggy/BIS_fnc_log: [bIS_fnc_selectRespawnTemplate] onPlayerRespawn template 'Counter' executed from function 'BIS_fnc_respawnCounter'"
13:00:54 Fresnel k must be >0, given n=2.51,k=0
13:00:55 "Antistasi: New Game selected"
13:00:55 "Antistasi: New Game selected"
13:01:19 Unknown attribute itemsCmd
13:01:19 Unknown attribute itemsCmd
15:36:19 Info: Computer going to Standby...
16:00:54 Info: Computer resuming from Standby...
19:18:47 Info: Computer going to Standby...
19:20:44 Info: Computer resuming from Standby...

SkillCheck Tool

player addAction
[
 "Show skills",
 {
  hintsilent format
  [
   "aimingAccuracy %1\n  aimingShake %2\n  aimingSpeed %3\n  spotDistance %4\n  spotTime %5\n  courage %6\n  reloadSpeed %7\n  commanding %8\n  general %9\n",
   cursortarget skillfinal "aimingAccuracy",
   cursortarget skillfinal "aimingShake",
   cursortarget skillfinal "aimingSpeed",
   cursortarget skillfinal "spotDistance",
   cursortarget skillfinal "spotTime",
   cursortarget skillfinal "courage",
   cursortarget skillfinal "reloadSpeed",
   cursortarget skillfinal "commanding",
   cursortarget skillfinal "general"
  ];
 }
];

@zverofaust: The weapon thing it's very very very weird. I need a video or at least a .rpt, I cannot reproduce it at all.

About the revie: you rely on AI because you are on singleplayer! What other ways you suggest for the player being healed? Anyway, count on a little help from the script, as it "teleports" the AI if it's very close, and, if the timeout passes and you have AI squadmates able to heal, you wake up again without respawn.

The issues with arty you mention are because I bypassed BIS Arty module and now work selecting the squad with HC bar and pressing SHITF + Y. Mortar squads now behave different from old times.

The destroy mission thing: the heli exploded on spawn, that may happen sometimes.

The transfer timer: wow, that could happen if there was like 600 items in the box, can it be?

AI bluffs, upgrade training!

@froggyluv: No mods???

@zverofaust: The weapon thing it's very very very weird. I need a video or at least a .rpt, I cannot reproduce it at all.

About the revie: you rely on AI because you are on singleplayer! What other ways you suggest for the player being healed? Anyway, count on a little help from the script, as it "teleports" the AI if it's very close, and, if the timeout passes and you have AI squadmates able to heal, you wake up again without respawn.

The issues with arty you mention are because I bypassed BIS Arty module and now work selecting the squad with HC bar and pressing SHITF + Y. Mortar squads now behave different from old times.

The destroy mission thing: the heli exploded on spawn, that may happen sometimes.

The transfer timer: wow, that could happen if there was like 600 items in the box, can it be?

AI bluffs, upgrade training!

It seems to reproduce frequently if you do this:

1: Recruit 4-6 AI squadmates

2: Modify each one loadout in Arsenal (just a bit, I usually just get rid of shitty nades and replace with more ammo

3: Get a Military Offroad or Truck

4: Tell all squad to get into passenger positions on Offroad/Truck.

5: Get a City Supplies mission, get in the civilian truck, leave squadmates in the military offroad and drive to mission.

6: Complete mission and then kill yourself/let yourself be killed by AAF troops in the area.

7: When you spawn back at HQ, all AI squadmates in the back of the offroad should have their weapons gone.

@Artillery: I'll try it out!

@Destroy mission: Yeah I figured it exploded on spawn. But what worried me was getting both mission success and failed for it.

@Transfer timer: There was over 100 6.5mm STANAG rounds in the ammobox among other things.

@AI Buffs: I'm at FIA level 4 and they're still just terrible. 

New slightly hilarious issue: NATO troops stole my truck. I brought a truck near a captured Airfield that had an AAF roadblock nearby. The roadblock triggered combat mode for the NATO troops. After I cleaned up the roadblock (NATO troops killed everyone except the dog), I went back and NATO dudes were getting in my truck. I went into driver seat but immediately got ejected out. This happened several times - seems any time NATO troops got into the vehicle it kicked me and any other FIA out. 

Second issue: NATO/FIA won't shoot AAF dogs. :D

Starting to doubt myself now lol. Honestly I am working on a mini-mod with Cosmic that is basically all about recalibrating every unit from both vanilla and 90% of mods skills by class so maybe somehow i dirtied up the waters in testing -but I did Unload All mods before starting. I peeked inside your mission and saw we are doing similar things with AI subSkills -particulary snipers and marksman who should have a clear advantage over others.

Anyways if its just me, dont worry about it.

Recently some friends of mine and I had set up a dedicated server using this game mode but after setting server members and adding us all to the list upon logging back in no one can be commander and we cannot fix the issue unless we reset the server completely. We were curious about how to fix this bug or if there was a method to edit where the default commander requires white-listed players and no other slot allows commander, or if possible a more simple fix without constant restarts and progress lost

One question about FIA "skill upgrade" ...... when I upgrade FIA skill, does it upgrade my skill too? I note that if you place character in Eden editor, there is skill slider, so you can set character skill. Does "skill upgrade" improve both skill level for AI and for playable character? It will help not only with awfull aim shaking ;). THX for answer

@zverofaust: Will try to reproduce that way. I think is something undercover related.

@emlorp: Answered in steam forums.

@Hans(z): AFAIK player unit is on maximum skill, game engine.

@froggyluv: Skill issues after playing with a skill modifier mod? uhm... suspicious :)

• Like 2

Thanks, I wasnt quite sure where or which was monitored more so I just posted in both locations.

I played a little in v.1.0 and must say this is really hard for lone wolf.

You have very basic gear , if you spot any patrol you are basically done.

There also unmarked AAF camps where you have no chance to go nearby if you already spotted.

When you take a civ vehicle parked in town and the tow is not  suport guerilla you will be immediately reported to the AAF patrols.

Very nice guerrilla  scenario barbolani.

Alone you can do shit.

@zverofaust: do you use RHS?

I don't know what that is, so probably not? :)

@barbolani: Another couple "bugs":

Went to take an outpost and no AAF troops were present, I walked in and immediately captured it without a fight. A minute later a squad of AAF did "appear" down a small gulley about 100m from the Outpost flag. Not sure if they were always there and just out of LOS of the Outpost (we approached from opposite side) or if they were reinforcements (I don't think so since "Outpost consolidated" message appeared instantly after capturing the Outpost)

Another disappearing weapons case: After taking the above outpost and looting the ammobox I fast travelled back to HQ in a Military Offroad  and all their weapons were gone - but this time there was actually 1 guy in the back who did not lose all his weapons. Various squad members were injured from crashing the truck while moving around. 

And lastly: AAF Attack mission, when their air assets spawned at the Gravia Airport a bunch of them I assume collided and crashes. They were like 6km away but I saw the explosion and smoke and fire. Only 1 transport helicopter survived to come to the attack. Only time I've seen this sort of thing happen though so maybe it's just fine it happened - accidents occur in war!

Really lastly: I almost hesitate to mention this because of how difficult I found early game, but now that I am playing ~5 hours on this playthrough, AAF ability is drastically reduced. They no longer spawn APCs and all attacks and convoys are usually just trucks. Their funds are "Poor" according to intel and they don't seem able to put up much of a fight. 

That said I have a suggestion for increasing difficulty of later game: As war progresses it would be cool if some of their assets were beefed up from time to time. For example, replacing Strider patrols with APC patrols near active fighting areas, and having armed Striders added to Roadblocks near active fighting areas. And similarly, replacing the unarmed helicopter patrols with armed versions. And lastly adding actual tanks (I forgot the name of AAF battle tanks) for attacks. Generally make AAF resistence scale later in the game as players own abilities (and equipment) increases.

I played a little in v.1.0 and must say this is really hard for lone wolf.

You have very basic gear , if you spot any patrol you are basically done.

There also unmarked AAF camps where you have no chance to go nearby if you already spotted.

When you take a civ vehicle parked in town and the tow is not  suport guerilla you will be immediately reported to the AAF patrols.

Very nice guerrilla  scenario barbolani.

Alone you can do shit.

In 1.0 SP have some bonuses which may be enough to help player.

I don't know what that is, so probably not? :)

@barbolani: Another couple "bugs":

Went to take an outpost and no AAF troops were present, I walked in and immediately captured it without a fight. A minute later a squad of AAF did "appear" down a small gulley about 100m from the Outpost flag. Not sure if they were always there and just out of LOS of the Outpost (we approached from opposite side) or if they were reinforcements (I don't think so since "Outpost consolidated" message appeared instantly after capturing the Outpost)

Another disappearing weapons case: After taking the above outpost and looting the ammobox I fast travelled back to HQ in a Military Offroad  and all their weapons were gone - but this time there was actually 1 guy in the back who did not lose all his weapons. Various squad members were injured from crashing the truck while moving around. 

And lastly: AAF Attack mission, when their air assets spawned at the Gravia Airport a bunch of them I assume collided and crashes. They were like 6km away but I saw the explosion and smoke and fire. Only 1 transport helicopter survived to come to the attack. Only time I've seen this sort of thing happen though so maybe it's just fine it happened - accidents occur in war!

Really lastly: I almost hesitate to mention this because of how difficult I found early game, but now that I am playing ~5 hours on this playthrough, AAF ability is drastically reduced. They no longer spawn APCs and all attacks and convoys are usually just trucks. Their funds are "Poor" according to intel and they don't seem able to put up much of a fight. 

That said I have a suggestion for increasing difficulty of later game: As war progresses it would be cool if some of their assets were beefed up from time to time. For example, replacing Strider patrols with APC patrols near active fighting areas, and having armed Striders added to Roadblocks near active fighting areas. And similarly, replacing the unarmed helicopter patrols with armed versions. And lastly adding actual tanks (I forgot the name of AAF battle tanks) for attacks. Generally make AAF resistence scale later in the game as players own abilities (and equipment) increases.

First: i reproduced couple times step by step what you said about weapons and nothing.... I think the video is a must for this case, as I have no other reports on that, I am not experiencing it at all and I cannot reproduce in any way.

The only way an AI can "lose" their weapons is to become undercover. But they won't do it in a mil offroad.

About the outpost: in very small ones, sometimes the AI, in order to manouver, move a bit outside the outpost bounds, so, when you reach there, the count for enemy presence is done related to the outpost bounds, and you may take it even when all AI is alive.

Exploding on spawn has been a bit improved in 1.0

In 1.0 SP have some bonuses which may be enough to help player.

Playing MP. But how exactly  should it work?

I mean with arsenal.

Where i am playing i have no access to the box inventory where arsenal action is.

In arsenal is almost nothing.

There are vehicle ammo  box where i am inserting my gathered gear.

How to unlock the arsenal because if i do arsenal action  its remove my current gear.

Should i transfer any gear into the locked arsenal box where i have no access to, to unlock arsenal or i need to do what i am already doing.?

... as I have no other reports on that ...

I watched this problem few times too. (SP) Didn't using Arsenal for AI, only for my player. Happened first time with AI  HC-squad and second time with my personal squad members. Both times they was sitting in army-camo civilian truck. Unfortunately i don't have much info about it.

I use russian version of the game. 

Problem with video is it happens so random at times. I'll try tho.

On another note, I went for a swim to try to get to one of those cool Patrol Boats near ports. However it seems when I entered "swimming" mode I was removed as Squad Leader from my squad (now Skynet AI is in control). No way to get it back, can't access many Antistasi functions as they're only available to Squad leader (including fast travel). And I'm afraid to persistent save/reload in case it keeps it...

Very very very weird. Im starting to think you have some engine problem or something very rare.

On another note, I went for a swim to try to get to one of those cool Patrol Boats near ports. However it seems when I entered "swimming" mode I was removed as Squad Leader from my squad (now Skynet AI is in control). No way to get it back, can't access many Antistasi functions as they're only available to Squad leader (including fast travel). And I'm afraid to persistent save/reload in case it keeps it...

Okay I was wrong about this - it seems to happen if you capture a Sea Port and then move away from it, either walking away or maybe specifically fast travelling.

I haven't tried this with any Sea Port except the one at Pyrgos. Basically, go and capture it (I captured the Outpost just south of it first), kill all enemies, and then fast travel or drive away, outside of Pyrgos. Shazam, you lose control of squad lead.

Happened 4/5 times. The one time it didn't I continued into Pyrgos towards the AAF Base; other 4 times I either headed south away from Pyrgos/the Sea Port or fast travelled out of the area.

Another unrelated issue: Laser Designators will duplicate themselves if you Persistent Save with one equipped. When you load that save there will be +2 Laser Designators in your Ammobox. Haven't tested with other binocs/rangefinder.

EDIT: Yes I think it's something to do with Pyrgos not the Sea Port. I went and attacked the AAF Base there and after taking it, Fast Travelled back to HQ. When I arrived I was no longer squad lead. Didn't go near Sea Port.

Do you have unlocked radios and radio equipped?

I don't know what you mean? There are radios in my arsenal and I have a radio equipped, yes. They started out that way.

Asked just in case you didnt had radios and AI got lost and rejoined and something weird happened.

I am unable to reproduce in any way you mention. Spawning or despawning zones has absolutely nothing with AI soldiers loadout. Fast travel or respawn in SP too. Tried all the ways of losing and recovering undercover.

That video is a must, need to check it + see how your pc is doing with fps (thinking on weird performance things) + .rpt of the same session. 

Yeah I can't figure it out. I can go like 3-4 hours of it not happening. And then it does. Starting tomorrow I'll try to Stream my gaming on Twitch so if it happens it'll be saved. I can't FRAPS for 4 hours, it'll end up with a terrabyte of video!

I did figure one thing out tho: It might have to do with Arsenal. I've noticed a couple of times, it's going into Arsenal that triggers it. For example, earlier tonight I went and did a couple of missions (failed one too), came back, was watching my squadmates waiting to see if the bug happened, and everything was fine until I went into Arsenal to reload my ammo. When I came out their weapons were gone. They weren't even in a vehicle at the time!

Up next I'll test other conditions, like failing a mission and then going back to HQ and entering the Arsenal. That's the only aspect of what happened today that I haven't retested (I did go and do another and no bug).

On an unrelated note, has there been any changes to the way AAF vehicle crew act? I've been trying for DAYS to capture an AAF vehicle (MRAP, APC, anything!) and finally thought I'd get a wheeled APC. I destroyed its turret and all of its wheels but the crew refused to get out, ever. Eventually a random AI from a nearby friendly base killed it (and nearly me). So I'm wondering if you did anything to make capturing vehicles harder, like making their crew never bail, etc.

On an unrelated note, has there been any changes to the way AAF vehicle crew act? I've been trying for DAYS to capture an AAF vehicle (MRAP, APC, anything!) and finally thought I'd get a wheeled APC. I destroyed its turret and all of its wheels but the crew refused to get out, ever. Eventually a random AI from a nearby friendly base killed it (and nearly me). So I'm wondering if you did anything to make capturing vehicles harder, like making their crew never bail, etc.

I haven't noticed this as an issue, neither in the latest version in MP nor the SP release. If you take out all wheels on one side, the crew should abandon their vehicle. In fact, we did just that about an hour ago on the official server: popped a Gorgon's tires with 7.62mm and everyone dismounted, leaving the vehicle up for grabs. Same with an unarmed Strider last night.

So it might have been one of those freak incidents, like hitting a Mora with 5 PCML to little effect. Usually, however, taking out tires is a rather reliable way of forcing the crew to dismount.

AI vehicle crew will dismount if heavily damaged or cannot fire, but not when they are unmobile.

The weapons issue: any arsenal action is tied only to the unit which is using it, nothing more, so I would discard it.