barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

You have been firing your mortars near HQ didnt you? :)

If not, failing Traitor missions will spawn an attack too.

Neither actually! This is pretty much very beginning play. We go out on the first mission (typically assassination), but we've not failed a traitor mission. I personally launched a grenade into his stupid pickup truck myself.

I drool over the point when I get mortars, though. :P

We've tried hiding it in towns, and this last time it was behind a rock and we couldn't even find a second to breathe because the assaults on our base were so overwhelming.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is, is it's not attacks, it's just under assault at all times.

CSAT assaults on HQ only happen on those cases.

We're under constant attack. We'll go out and do a mission successfully, come back, and it's under constant assault. 

We've had suicide trucks blow us up as we've spawned in at the very beginning of the mission. Not sure if that's intended either.

In fact, I'm not sure suicide trucks are supposed to exist...

Edit: Is there any way to make the Arsenal include radios for ACRE2 as well?

Edit2: Sorry. My fault. I was using DCG as a mod and thus was affecting the patrol patterns and spawning of the AI.

Egg on my face. Apologies!

Hey barb, long time since I posted here. I just wanted to ask you - what are the future possibilities of a kind of narrative 'campaign' element, or more story-driven missions, to supplement the Antistasi experience? By this I mean more focused tasks given to the player, triggered by certain criteria that provide a more elaborate mission (or sequence of missions) than the current randomized delivery/assassination/rescue missions. I'm a sucker for narratives and I think having an optional "story" of sequenced missions (a "campaign") would be really cool and add a lot to Antistasi's gameplay.

Just to be clear, I mean things like having a set or chain of missions that tell a story or presents a narrative, or just has a nifty reward at the end. Having it pre-designed would allow you to have more intricate mission parameters, similar to the vanilla ARMA3 campaign, but within the context of the broader Antistasi sandbox. 

Hey barb, long time since I posted here. I just wanted to ask you - what are the future possibilities of a kind of narrative 'campaign' element, or more story-driven missions, to supplement the Antistasi experience? By this I mean more focused tasks given to the player, triggered by certain criteria that provide a more elaborate mission (or sequence of missions) than the current randomized delivery/assassination/rescue missions. I'm a sucker for narratives and I think having an optional "story" of sequenced missions (a "campaign") would be really cool and add a lot to Antistasi's gameplay.

Just to be clear, I mean things like having a set or chain of missions that tell a story or presents a narrative, or just has a nifty reward at the end. Having it pre-designed would allow you to have more intricate mission parameters, similar to the vanilla ARMA3 campaign, but within the context of the broader Antistasi sandbox. 

I would love to see towns that convert over to supporting you have a "rebel leader" in that town that can give you missions the same way that Petros does, that are specific to that town and raise that town's influence further.

Hi! Good to see you back! You helped a lot in the past!

Antistasi may work as sandbox if you know it well, specially all regarding the spawn and despawn system, so it is possible, the world an game mechanics are there, so just putting a story in the front and use them to develop that story is a matter of work.

Regetably I lack of the skills and time to try to do so, but I encourage anyone who tries it. Once the sandbox is there, a Skyrim alike story can be developed for sure.

I thought this mission had respawn, I guess not. 

It has a respawn. There are a few servers working on 24x7 and you can check them instead of misinforming people.

I would love to see towns that convert over to supporting you have a "rebel leader" in that town that can give you missions the same way that Petros does, that are specific to that town and raise that town's influence further.

Can be done, but I won't cover that feature officially.

• Like 1

Switched my server over from Liberation (after 3 complete map clears) to Anti Stasi. Everyone is enjoying the change, even though there's a bit of a learning curve.

Couple questions. I want to add(unlock) a few items to the arsenal. A long range radio("tf_rt1523g_black" a TFAR item) and ("ACE_microDAGR" an ACE item). I've cracked open the PBO and I can't seem to find the correct file to modify. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also I'd like to adjust the number of items required to unlock the items in the arsenal. Again a point in the right direction would be appreciated. 

Switched my server over from Liberation (after 3 complete map clears) to Anti Stasi. Everyone is enjoying the change, even though there's a bit of a learning curve.

Couple questions. I want to add(unlock) a few items to the arsenal. A long range radio("tf_rt1523g_black" a TFAR item) and ("ACE_microDAGR" an ACE item). I've cracked open the PBO and I can't seem to find the correct file to modify. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also I'd like to adjust the number of items required to unlock the items in the arsenal. Again a point in the right direction would be appreciated. 

You'll find all you need in the initVar.sqf

Hi barbolani,

I'm playing Antistasi on our dedicated server (plus one single HClient) and we're having issues with AAF ammoboxes content: all the ammoxes spawns the standard cargo (like vanilla ones). Seems like the function "cajaAAF.sqf" is not working on MP.

If you have enabled LR manually (it is disabled by default), on mission init Antistasi checks commanders backpack, so if it's a LR radio will unlock it for you. 

Hi barbolani,

I'm playing Antistasi on our dedicated server (plus one single HClient) and we're having issues with AAF ammoboxes content: all the ammoxes spawns the standard cargo (like vanilla ones). Seems like the function "cajaAAF.sqf" is not working on MP.

Definetly not MP, but HC related. Solved on the next patch. You may just workaround it by deleting the first line of that script.

Definetly not MP, but HC related. Solved on the next patch. You may just workaround it by deleting the first line of that script.

Thanks.

Hi Barbolani, thanks for the mod, always excited in playing this, even the old version the antistasi stratis.

wow, then you are really old school :) Stratis was the draft for this.

Ran into a strange bug. Was driving home in a car and suddenly froze. Not the game, but just me. Everything is still running, I can see rabbits and birds moving around and dust and wind and sounds. Can access the context menu but nothing happens. Can't pan the camera round but can switch between 3rd/1st person view. Can access the escape menu, save and exit and reload, but still frozen. I lost undercover mode by driving offroad a few minutes prior and went and delivered city supplies, stole a car and drove home, and suddenly bam. I don't remember where to find log file...

Very weird, but without .rpt can't do much...

So I do a listen server with a couple of my friends and I'm wondering how they can become server members. One of my friends already is but nobody knows how he became a member. Also I personally am experiencing this nasty delay that started recently. As in pressing Game Options, HQ options any of those buttons it all takes about 45 seconds for anything to happen. Also when I get shot nothing happens for about 10 seconds and then I drop dead. It's irritating that I can literally treat myself and then die a second or two later. :(  Any help is appreciated.

Ran into a strange bug. Was driving home in a car and suddenly froze. Not the game, but just me. Everything is still running, I can see rabbits and birds moving around and dust and wind and sounds. Can access the context menu but nothing happens. Can't pan the camera round but can switch between 3rd/1st person view. Can access the escape menu, save and exit and reload, but still frozen. I lost undercover mode by driving offroad a few minutes prior and went and delivered city supplies, stole a car and drove home, and suddenly bam. I don't remember where to find log file...

This as happened to me a few times, always in the same town,

If you switch from driver to passenger it will un freeze.

your .rpt should be in your instances folder.

I've noticed that the Intel Found text is displayed partially off the screen with 16:10 aspect ratio. Here are a couple of safeZone fixes (I've tested 5:4 through 16:9, can't test multiscreen).

commsMP.sqf, line 22:

//[_texto,0.8,0.5,5,0,0,2] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText;[/font]
[_texto, [safeZoneX + (0.8 * safeZoneW), (0.2 * safeZoneW)], 0.5, 5, 0, 0, 2] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText;

intelFound.sqf, line 68

//[_texto,-0.9999,0,30,0,0,4] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText;
[_texto, [safeZoneX, (0.2 * safeZoneW)], [0.25, 0.5], 30, 0, 0, 4] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText;

Also some general feedback:

• CSAT punishment attacks are far too common. I've turned a few of towns to FIA, CSAT Support is 38, and they are attacking a town every 20 minutes. There's nothing I can do to stop them with the resources I have. CSAT napalm attacks on towns should only occur later in the mission, when AAF is starting to lose the island and they are getting desperate.
  • It would be good if AAF were more active in countering FIA influence, such as moving into FIA towns to clear out any fighters, similar to their reaction when you attack a roadblock (basically a "lighter" alternative to the CSAT punishment attacks)
  • I frequently get multiple simultaneous missions assigned in the same town, it would be good to reduce the chances of this happening.
  • My first HQ was at 225164 and it was never found by the FIA. I drove it to 210133, and it was discovered by a road patrol. Later the HQ was attacked and Petros was killed while I was away on a mission. Now, no matter where I choose to respawn the HQ, the FIA find it and kill Petros within 20 mins. Is there an "FIA know where HQ is" flag that doesn't reset after the HQ relocates or respawns?
  • Using tasks to convey information about spotted convoys is a bit strange. It would be better if the players received a radio message indicating where the sighting occurred.
  • It would be nice if the player's group has enableAttack false, to prevent the AI leader issueing "engage that XXXXX" commands to all subordinates while the player takes temporary control over one of them.
  • Use forceWeatherChange after persistent save load to fix weather issues.
Edited by ceeeb
  • Like 1

ceeb I love you

Will make those changes in displays.

About the other issues:

- Solved in 1.0

- Solved in 1.0

- It's random from a possible tragets pool. If it's only one...

- AAF only really knows where is HQ when a Defend Petros mission fires. If not, they were just passing by...

- Good, will do.

- I think having the exact same weather on load is not very important and would add a few variables to the save, which is something I want to avoid if possible. Also, the "dynamic weather" is set by the engine by just doing nothing, if I force the weather, I'm afaraid of have to use a dynamic weather script to make it dynamic again.

forceWeatherUpdate is only used after changing the weather or date. Since the date changes when loading persistent save it's a good idea (Arma "simulates" weather changes when using skipTime or setDate, but the Simul clouds don't get instantly updated. This leads to issues such dark circle sky when it becomes overcast without any clouds).

This as happened to me a few times, always in the same town,

If you switch from driver to passenger it will un freeze.

your .rpt should be in your instances folder.

There's no option to switch from driver to passenger unfortunately. I can't find any way out of it at all. 

It also happened again. Here's a pastebin of the RPT file for your barbolani: http://pastebin.com/7dwTf967

Again, was just driving around after a City Supply mission and suddenly frozen.

I experienced it too, cant see any error on that .rpt, maybe an Arma 3 engine problem?

I see you've increased the difficulty? Or something is different.. it's a lot harder to do anything now. I play alone 100% of the time, and things like attacking a base or taking an outpost are super difficult right now because I also don't have the income to buy AI militia members (and even if I did, they are so crap they almost might as well not exist). Is there a way to tweak spawn rates/difficulty/income based on # of players in a game? Because atm solo is not very much fun.

I see you've increased the difficulty? Or something is different.. it's a lot harder to do anything now. I play alone 100% of the time, and things like attacking a base or taking an outpost are super difficult right now because I also don't have the income to buy AI militia members (and even if I did, they are so crap they almost might as well not exist). Is there a way to tweak spawn rates/difficulty/income based on # of players in a game? Because atm solo is not very much fun.

The difficulty hasn't increased. You just need to adapt.

Some tips:

Early on, you should not expect to capture and hold points. Your goal should be to get in, take something, steal as much gear from the dead as you can, and get out before the retaliation strike hits. Do this to build up your gear and resources. Also do Logistics missions. You get good rewards for them with little to no danger, and this makes citizens happy and will convert towns to your cause. When this happens, your money income and manpower incone greatly increases.

You need to do all of this, and spend enough on Upgrading your AI, having a squad, and having AI squads before you can hope to capture and hold major objectives.

For easy to manage stuff, clear roadblocks and outposts, ambush convoys, and do hit and run attacks on outposts and other things.

Additionally, all Reinforcements cone from bases so before you attack something, you can set up mines on roads to disable the vehicles before they arrive, giving you a fighting chance at keeping things.

You can't play this lime an easier mission like say, Liberation or similar CTI maps, it is for a long time about building your resources, more than it is about holding objectives.