barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

Hi ALiVEmod and songfire!

Both ASR and ALiVe were disabled because they were causing issues with Antistasi. Can't remember exactly, but were causing weird behaviours in the code.

If I had time, specially with ALiVE, I would make some further research on what's happening, but my lack of time plus my lack of knowledge on ALiVE, makes the thing impossible. I have to focus on developing a 1.0 Antistasi (which is getting very close).

Had to disable them as part of my time was spent on "bug reports" which were caused by issues with incompatible addons, so, to save time, I scripted a "mod ban" system.

• Like 2

The concept is really great. I note you block ALiVE as an "AI mod". For info, ALiVE does nothing with low level AI (unlike mods such as ASR, MCC, VCOM, AISS etc). It should be perfectly safe to have ALiVE running alongside and benefit from things like the C2ISTAR Advanced Markers. If ALiVE is causing issues, please let us know!

If ALiVEmod has the opportunity to sit down and play this, Antistasi is incredible and I haven't played it in a long time (meaning it's surly even more remarkable now).

Specifically, if I recall (sorry Barbolani if I'm messing this up) but it has these amazing systems in place that's based around taking, holding and destroying key infastructure and the way the civilians are impacted by this is really something special.

I've always wished ALiVE would put similar architecture in place, especially for conventional invasion/occupation commander scenarios where there really is no set objective other than killing bad guys.

Take the weekend and enjoy this. You won't regret it.

• Like 2

If ALiVEmod has the opportunity to sit down and play this, Antistasi is incredible and I haven't played it in a long time (meaning it's surly even more remarkable now).

Specifically, if I recall (sorry Barbolani if I'm messing this up) but it has these amazing systems in place that's based around taking, holding and destroying key infastructure and the way the civilians are impacted by this is really something special.

I've always wished ALiVE would put similar architecture in place, especially for conventional invasion/occupation commander scenarios where there really is no set objective other than killing bad guys.

Just finished a session. Was a lot of fun, great mission.

Good work barbolani!

• Like 1

Hi Barbaloni,

My community has been having a blast playing this standard as it ships.

However, we are wanting to put in some of our custom content into the mission.
I've gone through and done everything I need to be done except for 2 things because I'm a little bit confused as some of the comments and script variables are not in english (Which is fine)

1) I notice the units that are playable each have a variable assigned to them. IE - fusileroautomatico, granadero_1. Why is this done? I assumed that due to them being assigned variables they are used somewhere to call upon the unit, however, I cannot find where this is? Reason being I wish to add more player slots to fit community numbers.
2) In terms of adding vests to the initial arsenal, are they located alongside the Uniforms/Helmets etc in "unlockedItems"?

Other than that, very fantastic mission and VERY well commented for something of this size. 

Cheers!

Hi!

Those variables had some intention in the past but not now, except the one for the Officer default commander, the rest can be removed.

Yes, add the classnames to unlockedItems array before they are added to the arsenal and done.

Hi!

Those variables had some intention in the past but not now, except the one for the Officer default commander, the rest can be removed.

Yes, add the classnames to unlockedItems array before they are added to the arsenal and done.

Many thanks for the response barbolani!

Have now edited everything to exactly how we need it to be!

Cheers mate!

Well you never know, perhaps after Barbolani releases his 1.0 he might consider writing a module for ALiVE ;)  One can only ask!

• Like 1

Well you never know, perhaps after Barbolani releases his 1.0 he might consider writing a module for ALiVE ;)  One can only ask!

Barbolani.....

Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top. :)

Oh, if you need scripts for modules, do not hesitate to ask. I am just finishing my "engineer mine sweeper who searches for mines, deactivates them, brings them to his truck, and unloads his truck in HQ" script (I call it "EMSWSFMDTBTTHTAUHTHQ")

• Like 1

Oh, if you need scripts for modules, do not hesitate to ask. I am just finishing my "engineer mine sweeper who searches for mines, deactivates them, brings them to his truck, and unloads his truck in HQ" script (I call it "EMSWSFMDTBTTHTAUHTHQ")

Highly technical name, just the way we like it.

• Like 1

Would you consider releasing your dynamic arsenal script and your transfer vehicle contents to ammobox script?

All the scripts are tuned for Antistasi, and even worse, there is like a script ecosystem, which means lots of scripts interact with eachother.

For example, starting with a basic arsenal + some workaround for its failures, I use it too to dress FIA, dress AAF, unlock things, transfer assets.... so it's hard to release a single suit for it.

This said, you are free to check any code and use it, heavy copypastes with some credit are a must, as we are among gentlemen.

All the scripts are tuned for Antistasi, and even worse, there is like a script ecosystem, which means lots of scripts interact with eachother.

For example, starting with a basic arsenal + some workaround for its failures, I use it too to dress FIA, dress AAF, unlock things, transfer assets.... so it's hard to release a single suit for it.

This said, you are free to check any code and use it, heavy copypastes with some credit are a must, as we are among gentlemen.

No worries. To give an idea of what I would like to do with the most basic functionality, all I would want would be to have an arsenal box with X amount of things in it unlocked, and then add other stuff to the arsenal as enough were gathered. Unneeded for my purposes would be the dressing of NPCs or similar. I guess I would need to be able to empty a vehicle into the arsenal for the sake of avoiding the item limit.

I will poke around but any hints on where to look would be helpful, I don't want to eat up a ton of your time with it.

Yes! Check a thread in steam forums on which we talk about Antistasi modification and scripting, there you will find some info.

Any plans on a version with full RHS support? Weapons and vehicles replacing the vanilla arsenal?

I think there is more important stuff to do. Everything is *a dildo* possible if you are brave enough. ;)

I have a couple of questions, as we have recently started to play Antistasi again.

-When unloading backpacks with content in them to the ammo box, is it advisable to take the items out of them before? Or are they counted the same way if the objects are inside a backpack or a carrier rig? I have the same question regarding scopes and weapons accesories.

-How is the HC feature finally implemented? I remember to hear that it was originally intended to work with up to 3 HC instances, one for each faction (which is too much cpu power for our dedi server). Are less IA spawned if less HC are running? We would like to run as much as one HC instance, and keep performaces at reasonable levels at all time. For example, we run a low amount of civilians and set the low FPS option to the maximum 27 level allowed.

Dont worry about backpack content, as it gets transferred (test yourself)

HC improves bot AI and server FPS, and it's very interesting for Antistasi.

Less AI spawn if your server is too busy, so adding a HC may make more AI spawn if your server was too loaded.

Thank you! We are having a great time playing this mission again. I will join your public server one of these days.

As you know, the personal stats are cleared once you die. Is it possible to mantain the stats even if you die? Now we are all ranked "Private", but there are some people that have played for a long time, and we would like it to be counted.

In your version thats bugged. 1.0 has solved that issue, currently working in official server

Hi Barbolani,

Love your mission. It's fun to fight from nothing to everything. It's taught me new ways to fight and that attempting to be an unbreakable wall of bullets sometimes doesn't work.

One question though. I've put my base starting behind a rock on a coast, and yet every time, my base comes under attack. I can't just leave it and hope and pray and I can't spawn any vehicles to get out while my AI does all the work for me. 

It just seems to me that the AI knows where my base is and will run out to attack it no matter where it is.

Can you comment on this?

Thanks!

Great mission Barbolani! One of the all time greats!  Question: How do I find the save game file so I can back it up?  I want to move my mission with savegame to another server.

Great mission Barbolani! One of the all time greats!  Question: How do I find the save game file so I can back it up?  I want to move my mission with savegame to another server.

You can find a precise answer in older posts. Basicly you want to find the nameofurprofile.Arma3Vars in your profile folder.

Hi Barbolani,

Love your mission. It's fun to fight from nothing to everything. It's taught me new ways to fight and that attempting to be an unbreakable wall of bullets sometimes doesn't work.

One question though. I've put my base starting behind a rock on a coast, and yet every time, my base comes under attack. I can't just leave it and hope and pray and I can't spawn any vehicles to get out while my AI does all the work for me. 

It just seems to me that the AI knows where my base is and will run out to attack it no matter where it is.

Can you comment on this?

Thanks!

You have been firing your mortars near HQ didnt you? :)

If not, failing Traitor missions will spawn an attack too.

I'm having an issue with Antistasi in that when I launch it in a LAN server or SP when I die, I do not respawn. It just ends the mission.