barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

Reference for saving and loading was Petros position. Being killed and dissapeared (reasons are still unknown) it's leading to weird things, even worse when the player persistent saves. Solved in the next patch.

Ok, Petros dissapears because HQ garrison removal. Will patch it today.

Hi Barbolani,

First off - thanks very much for creating such an awesome scenario. My friend and I have been having a blast with it.

I have one question for you and the community here, and I apologize if it's been answered in this thread or the manual or elsewhere... I've checked and haven't found it, but that could be my fault.

My friend is hosting a private server on his computer, and we connect via LAN to play. As such, he's been the default commander thus far, which has left me unable to request missions and other actions reserved for the commander. Is there a way that he can relinquish command so that I can give it a try? Hopefully one that does not have any negative impact on his character, or his ability to resume command without negative effects.

Thanks very much!

Thanks!

There is a button under game options to resign from command. If you have disabled server membership or you are member, you will become commander.

Thanks Barbo!

Another question.. I read from one of the other players of your scenario that he was able to get the Advanced Towing mod to work, which sounded really helpful.

I had my buddy who hosts the server download the mod, but when he launches it with the towing mod activated he can't hit "restart server" to get the server to reset to the point where he can load the persistent save.

Can you confirm that the advanced towing mod is compatible? Are any tweaks required in order to get them to work together without errors? Any insight you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ok one more question... hopefully the last one today!

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or maybe intentional, but it seems like we're unable to load ammo/weapon crates into Zemak Ammo vehicle that spawns with the "capture the ammo truck" missions.

Any insight here?

About the towing mod, I cant tell you, ask the mod developer.

It's known, but not really a bug, Ammo Zamaks are just good to be stolen :)

Thanks Barbo.

It seems my friend got the server to load our save properly with the towing mod enabled, though I don't think he's tried to use it yet so I can't confirm its functionality.

As for the Zemak Ammo Truck, is this something that you'd be able to fix in a future patch? It just seems a bit funny that the "Ammo Truck" can't be loaded with ammo crates. If not, no biggy!

Thanks again.

So your saying there is a chance? :)

Just as an update to my earlier comment about Targeting.  When I get in as Gunner I can Target normally, not sure why I can't when Pilot.

another curious thing happened last night...

we disabled a tank, only to find that we could not get inside. I'm wondering if maybe there was an AI still inside the tank, and as such it was locked to us?

tanks are able to be stolen, right? Are the AI supposed to leave the vehicle when it is disabled, or do they stay inside? We've had an AI helicopter gunner stay in the chopper after we shot the pilot and it auto landed, so I'm guessing that it's possible the tank crew stayed in the vehicle. I would guess then that we can't enter a vehicle that the enemy AI occupies, right?

Hi Barbolani,

I've tried new version, hats off for such a quick resolution of the multiplication bug, for now it work as it's supposed to.

Reporting some more info about bugs/typos/writing found on my server/missions ver. 0.20.2.

- Assembled static MG saved near the flag disappears after loading previous session http://imgur.com/0OXAYlB.

- When saving the persistence in info box you wrote "Disassembled weapons MAY be saved...".
Is there a certain condition to save disassembled weapons or more accurately you could write "WILL be saved" if that's what supposed to happen when you put disassembled weapons to the ammo box, as may/will have a different meaning according to native English speakers http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/4919/can-may-will-you-help-me-with-this, which I'm not, but the sentence still confuses me weather the weapons will be saved or I have to do a ritual sacrifice in front of Petros in order to save properly :).

- When ordering an artillery strike (mortar team, haven't yet tried other artillery support) You have spelled "Arty" wrong as "Atry" http://imgur.com/E5teGV7. That's of course not a biggie, but this mission is too good to have such typos there, and I believe it's just a simple search/replace correction to make it right.

Keep up the good work!

When undercover in a vehicle, will you get spotted as a rebel faster if you have military gear equipped rather than hiding in in the inventory?  or is it only when on foot it makes a difference?

Hi all!!!

@DCNemesis: Yes, you are allowed if it's not NATO. Can't say the cause of your issue, probably what you say, you should have tried to hit it a bit more.

@musp3r: Will check the MG dissapearing. Yes, it should say "will", not native english too :) And thanks for the typo!!

@songfire: Only affects on foot.

musp3r

I have found the same thing so what I do is assemble the weapon at your HQ and save it as a vehicle and it will always be able to be recalled.

Vengeance

Some things have come to mind while playing some more:

1) Can you change rescue missions so that the timer stops when you liberate the POWs? During two rescue missions I have just missed the deadline before getting the POWs to base and watch them despawn from my truck even though they were already "rescued" if not at the base. It's annyoing and not logical. Perhaps you can get mission complete when you liberate all POWs but only get the HR boost when you get to base?

2) In the future have you considered the ability to save your AI troops in persistant saves - perhaps even allow your saved units to upgrade their skill over time? This would be kind of like in X-com games, the longer you can keep your soldiers alive the better they are, but makes you more reluctant to risk their lives. It would be a pretty good paralell to reality too, I imagine a commander would be less likely to risk his long-time friend than a new recruit. Just an idea.

3) My captured APCs dont seem to save like normal vehicles when using persistant save. I just garage them now, but maybe a bug.

4) Some more control of NATO attack missions would be cool, by for example choosing the insertion point and method of insertion (landing/fastrope/para). Or atleast the choppers wouldnt need to fly so very high, they are targeted by each and every SAM missile this way. Now you need to comb over the whole area and clear any outposts and roadblocks before you dare risk a NATO attack - these are supposed to be the pros.

Hi!

1. Will give it a thought.

2. I would like it too. Indeed their skillset gets raised on each kill, so they will be a bit more experienced than a brand new recruited soldier. It's difficult to design in the current state.

3. Please, reproduce the error and send .rpt so I can check it out.

4. Currently decission making on how to attack is a bit poor. An allied militia commander can never tell their NATO allies if they should insert with ropes or parachutes, but at least, the pros should be more careful on how they insert. I am currently improving that part.

AI under your command can not enter parked cars you find around the island unless I enter themself first, and then jump out again.

Yes, it is "intended", I disable simulation on parked vehicles to improve cpu and network performance.

Disadvanatge is that.

Advantage: you wont see a list of 34 vehicles when you want your men to mount any vehicle.

Ok, I see. There are pros and cons with everything  :)

Thanks for the fast answer!

After requesting several nato ammo boxes and storing the content in the base inventory, saving and exiting the game yesterday, our ammo box is now almost completely empty!

Weeks of collecting items just vanished :(

Anything I can do?

Steam download manager showed it downloaded an Arma Update today (both for Arma 3 and Arma 3 server).

Seems to be this one:

Community Announcements - Iceman
TO: Arma 3 Users 
UNIT: Main Branch 
ACTIVITY: Anti-Cheat Update 
SIZE: ~3.7 MB

Guess that might be related?

"almost empty" does not sound like a bug, sounds like you have the equipment in the arsenal, or you got Petros killed.

"almost empty" does not sound like a bug, sounds like you have the equipment in the arsenal, or you got Petros killed.

we had

8 different types of rifles, in total it must have been like 30+ rifles (at least), most of them nato, none of them are unlocked.

various scopes in numbers too low to unlock them (nightstalker, LRPS, TWS, TWS MG etc.)

several mortars

several uav kits

range detectors

target designators

steerable parachutes

and so much more...

We called for +-7 nato drops before we put it in the inventory and saved. Maybe the huge number of items caused the box to delete everything?

Almost everything is now gone after reloading!

We now have 2 scopes, 1 rifle, 1 SMG, some silencers, one gps, one binocular, one watch... (for whatever reason those appear in the inventory, they are definately unlocked in the arsenal (Arsenal works fine).

in total we had several hundred items in the inventory. Nothing of them was unlocked. After loading there are like 10 items in total (!) in the inventory.

Petros is alive and has never ever been killed in our game.

Any idea if this is fixable?

Is there a risk of ruining the save when updating the mod? I'm using  a dedicated server setup.

Thanks for a fantastic mod!

No, the only fact that makes the ammobox to lose equipment is Petros death or a bug. Send me server .rpt file and I will check it.