barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

Hi there,

Really liking the concept and ambition of this mission. It's taken a while to stump up the courage to start such an epic voyage (time-wise).

Just wondering what the reason for having to empty the ammo box before moving the HQ is?

I've just started a play-through and this is one of two things that are confusing/frustrating me.

The other being that there is no way to tell where is a safe places to place your initial start location.

Is it the AAF bases that influence where I can place my starting HQ?

I tried placing  my initial start at the mine north of Negades, (where the BIS official campaign base is at one point) and it seems like the furthest place away from any AAF assets.

However it still says I'm too close to enemy areas... confused! :wacko:

Quick feedback,

the game has being unplayable to AI sucking so much.

They are so insane we can't ever kill one without being undercover (We are just starting the game), even if the difficulty is on recruit.

I don't if it's Bohemia's fault or Antistasi or both but I'm tired of loosing time with this mission.

I don't know if there will ever be a fix for that. For now I'll just stop trying to play this mission.

/!\ I don't say the whole mission is crap, the idea is very good and we had a lot of fun on many parts. It's just my personnal feedback so take it easy.

Quick question about getting commander / handing over commander.
Server is running with switch commander and server membership on.

Earlier I played as the default commander with a friend, I left while he was still on the server. I forgot to add him as a server member and now neither of us is a commander and I don't know how to pick the commander role up again. It doesn't assign it to me when I log out and in again. What do? 

Quick feedback,

They are so insane we can't ever kill one without being undercover (We are just starting the game), even if the difficulty is on recruit.

I don't if it's Bohemia's fault or Antistasi or both but I'm tired of loosing time with this mission.

I don't know if there will ever be a fix for that. For now I'll just stop trying to play this mission.

/!\ I don't say the whole mission is crap, the idea is very good and we had a lot of fun on many parts. It's just my personnal feedback so take it easy.

Actually Barbolani did a GREAT job on the AI.

I compared playing Antistasi and the normal Arma campaign (both on recruit).

The AI in the campaign will waste you after running and while standing, while the Antistasi AI seems to behave way more human like, i.e. not so much as aimbots.

The beginning is hard. Its meant to be.

All your early actions should be fulfilling easy missions such as assassisnations and supply deliveries. These can be done with the most basic equipment.

Make sure you collect enough mk20 rifles, helmets, the Digi carrier (Armour III), the MRCO Scope, PCML launchers and the fitting ammo in amounts that will unlock them.

Only once you've got this basic gear in the arsenal you can start thinking about attacking and holding positions, as you can always bring in more suppy of for example pcml rockets.

We tend to attack any position with a truck loaded with at least 16 PCML missiles to repell enemy counterattacks.

You really have to learn to stick to small targets.

What we also did tons of times was attacking outposts (especially the south-eastern kavala outpost) and just stealing their ammo boxes.

This really speeds up the arsenal unlocks.

• Like 1

Quick feedback,

Have to agree with MajorJack, I played this for month and took half of Altis on Dedi Server virtually by myself with those dumb AI. Key, don't think big, think small hit and run for a long time until you have the resources to defend something you took and want to keep.

Great Game, addictive totally!

Actually Barbolani did a GREAT job on the AI.

I compared playing Antistasi and the normal Arma campaign (both on recruit).

The AI in the campaign will waste you after running and while standing, while the Antistasi AI seems to behave way more human like, i.e. not so much as aimbots.

The beginning is hard. Its meant to be.

All your early actions should be fulfilling easy missions such as assassisnations and supply deliveries. These can be done with the most basic equipment.

Make sure you collect enough mk20 rifles, helmets, the Digi carrier (Armour III), the MRCO Scope, PCML launchers and the fitting ammo in amounts that will unlock them.

Only once you've got this basic gear in the arsenal you can start thinking about attacking and holding positions, as you can always bring in more suppy of for example pcml rockets.

We tend to attack any position with a truck loaded with at least 16 PCML missiles to repell enemy counterattacks.

You really have to learn to stick to small targets.

What we also did tons of times was attacking outposts (especially the south-eastern kavala outpost) and just stealing their ammo boxes.

This really speeds up the arsenal unlocks.

Have to agree with MajorJack, I played this for month and took half of Altis on Dedi Server virtually by myself with those dumb AI. Key, don't think big, think small hit and run for a long time until you have the resources to defend something you took and want to keep.

Great Game, addictive totally!

Yeah, I don't know if it's a linux server sided issue but bot were shooting use from 500meters away right in the head. They had an impressive response time. I deleted all the files that are setting skills for the bot and it's back to normal. I mean we can know kill a few guys before getting killed. ^^

Linux issue or Arma issue idk.

@barbolani I have sent you a PM with a link - I've cleaned up the markers and modified the initZones.sqf so people can easily transfer to another map if they would like. I wanted to check with you before I shared publicly.

Hello, buddy, enjoying playing your mission with my friends. Great work!

I have some suggestions.

1) Convoy missions are too easy - in real life there is some key points on route that are guarded by troops, minesweeping activity on route, recon teams sequreing the route before the convoy, and even minefields on weakest spots. May be you will think of adding some more chalenge to them if you have time?

2) Roadblock outpost with 2 mg nests seem not realistic eather - only 2 covers, may be you will establish some 2 story bunkers instead? (not sure if ai will use them as cover though(  )

3) Might be just my mod mix, but in the case somebody noticed that too:

Armor on AAF counterattacks plays really dumb - roaming around the outpost/base, getting at non strategic low places with no view on enemy etc. I think if they have some special script command, it can be polished.

groups of enemy look like too calm - you can engage patrol or shoot on enemy base and other patrols continue roaming. Maybe i just being used to asr ai mod. Its support could be realy useful by the way.

4) Atmosthere thing. In BIS campaign scirmishes there is a set of functions, that change soundtrack dynamicly depending of what is happening. May be you can use it? Missions are located in addons like missions_epb.pbo. Also there is some comentary phrases on tasks done

Actually there is a lot of interesing stuff that can be used like whole mini-missions and so.

p.s. sorry for my english, i dont have language practice for long time

So I have set up a dedicated server for this, through a hosting company.  I am monitoring the server, and it crashes with less than 5% usage of the server.  After derping around I am sure there is something in the mission, anybody have suggestions for keeping a dedicated stable.

Another issue I am seeing is saving on the dedicated server.  I have ran the save command, but it does not seem to be saving progress/locations.  I suspect I do not have access to where the default save location is.  Is there a way to change this to the base arma 3 folder so I have access?

possible bug: Been playing antistasi for a couple of days now without any problems. Today our roadblocks started to multiply, men all over and vehicles exploding left and right: http://i.imgur.com/ejJT819.jpg . We're using RHS, ACE and Advanced towing mods on the server.

Is there a way to reset them or remove theem all at once? When I try to delete it deletes one of the roadblocks, but there's maybe 30 or 50. and nothing happened after I tried to do delete the roadblock after 20 times. 

So I have set up a dedicated server for this, through a hosting company.  I am monitoring the server, and it crashes with less than 5% usage of the server.  After derping around I am sure there is something in the mission, anybody have suggestions for keeping a dedicated stable.

Another issue I am seeing is saving on the dedicated server.  I have ran the save command, but it does not seem to be saving progress/locations.  I suspect I do not have access to where the default save location is.  Is there a way to change this to the base arma 3 folder so I have access?

It runs well on a dedicated. You should contact your hosting provider aboutthe save location. You may try the starting command -profile and set a location yourself. You also need to start with -name in order to give the server a name of the profile to save to.

possible bug: Been playing antistasi for a couple of days now without any problems. Today our roadblocks started to multiply, men all over and vehicles exploding left and right: http://i.imgur.com/ejJT819.jpg . We're using RHS, ACE and Advanced towing mods on the server.

Is there a way to reset them or remove theem all at once? When I try to delete it deletes one of the roadblocks, but there's maybe 30 or 50. and nothing happened after I tried to do delete the roadblock after 20 times. 

Lol, nice bug.

Ok, so I have the profile set up for changing difficulty (that was another issue).  Server host stated use -profile=logs  It added a users folder and a TCAGame user where my difficulty settings reside.  So should the persistent save drop straight into there without adding -name.  Or should I add -name=TCAGame just to be safe and redundant?

Additionally the mod seems to be breaking every 30-40 minutes.  I am monitoring the server and never get much beyond 5% ram and cpu usage, but the scenario is dropping fps to under 10.  I have logged in as admin and enabled #monitor 1  The server is not actually dropping fps like the scenario is stating.  Stuff gets deleted, and it ultimately loses connection with 40-50 fps.  Also seems to be running fine, and we are talking just getting through an assasination mission in our first town.  

Any suggestions for optimisation to keep the server up for longer?

Barbolani,

I noticed after capturing a Mi-48 (that was not easy) I cannot get a "Target Lock" ???  I have an AI in the Gunner Seat and select Manual Fire but I am guessing you have turned off Target Lock somewhere? So obviously this makes the AG missiles useless.  Can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Vengeance

@harmdhast: Good to see it got fixed. AI never goes more than .35 in Accurancy skill except marksmen, snipers etc..

@flax_: Thanks! Will check it out!

@partyzan:

- Well, the convoy composition has allways an MRAP with this recon purposes. Sometimes it gets far from the target vehicle, sometimes not... AI decision. Adding an additional MRAP much before the convoy departs could be a solution.

- Yes, the big bunkers won't be used as cover in a nice way, you may check it conquering any hilltop. With the small ones, at least I have those MGs with some cover.

- They are in seek and destroy mode. That makes them to keep searching for enemis if none is spotted, instead of having them just idle near the flag. AI decision on going to a snseless position, can do nothing.

- Sometimes they need a little time to change their mode, but no more than 10 seconds.

- Have you played with music ON? Because you describe perfectly the music feature in Antistasi which has been there for ages,

@songfire: You mission is bugged in some part and zones are not despawning. Send here a .rpt and I will check it.

@vengeance1: I haven't scripted anything on that. Just a check to disallow AI as pilots, nothing else..

@0lonson:

or maybe I just had some script error and I hadn't noticed as all my tests on non Altis code were.... in Altis!!! :)

Just saying the code "if this is Altis" instead of "if this is not Altis", and everything was running well.

Send me .rpt of your taki version so I see the error in full color.

@vengeance1: I haven't scripted anything on that. Just a check to disallow AI as pilots, nothing else..

Do you think it is because you have to have an AI in Gunner Seat and you have scripted in many places this?

_x disableAI "TARGET"

Also why script AI so they can not pilot Helo?

If they target with pure rifle, they will in any vehicle, I use this command for certain situations (unconscious or captive, mostly)

I allowed only human pilots for some roleplay (only the player is a true experienced soldier in all the militia), support (my AI has dissapeared, and that's a bug, it is impossible to have lost my helo because of an AA rocket) and technical reasons (AIs ordered to travel to far away places which will increase a lot the number of spawned zones)

Ok, so I have the profile set up for changing difficulty (that was another issue). Server host stated use -profile=logs It added a users folder and a TCAGame user where my difficulty settings reside. So should the persistent save drop straight into there without adding -name. Or should I add -name=TCAGame just to be safe and redundant?

Additionally the mod seems to be breaking every 30-40 minutes. I am monitoring the server and never get much beyond 5% ram and cpu usage, but the scenario is dropping fps to under 10. I have logged in as admin and enabled #monitor 1 The server is not actually dropping fps like the scenario is stating. Stuff gets deleted, and it ultimately loses connection with 40-50 fps. Also seems to be running fine, and we are talking just getting through an assasination mission in our first town.

Any suggestions for optimisation to keep the server up for longer?

-profile gives a location

-name names the profile.

On linux at least you must set -name because your saves are in this format profilename.arma3save.vars

You may try -enableHT as well. What's your host provider maybe we can figure this out together.

Hey!

Downloaded this and put it on a server just for testing and before i knew it hours went by. Really fun mission with a new twist for my sake whom have been mainly "reality oriented". Really looking forward to playing this with friends.This also led to me starting up an account on this forum, just to comment :P

Som minor bugs appeared though, but nothing new which haven't been commented by others yet.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Any bug report with proper info is very welcome, no matter if it's been reported in the past. Unexpected situations may appear allways, so feel free!

barbolani, thank you for the answer!

Actually, in our convoy case  the fourward watch (sorry i dont know english term for this. I mean a small group or a vehicle which marches before the convoy to save whole unit from the ambush)  can be good, but to make it even more apropriate i can suggest to script a route change if there is a contact on current one. Also, helicopter watch may be god aswell, but it depends on how apropriate is knowsabout logic of the engine.

Speaking of music thing - well, may be i just was to busy to notice the different mood of music, seemed for me like just plain playlist. Sorry if you already done that.

Thanks for the great mission, barbolani. I hope you'll have enough time and interest to get it to stable version.

My dedicated server (Antistasi v. 0.20.0 Alpha) also has the asset/units multiplication bug.

Steps to reproduce the bug on my server:

1. Connect and pick the slot

2. Get some vehicle parked near the flag

3. Persistent save

4. Abort mission

5. Pick the slot and get back to the game

6. Load persistent save

7. Whatever vehicle parked or garrisoned units get multiplied x2 (after few restarts I can have as many vehicles units that can fit the area, some spawn in the walls etc. and explode.) http://imgur.com/AfxrZBH

Usually I start the server with CBA, ACE, ACRE, STHUD mods, so I though to run the vanilla server, start the mission again and see if that could be the culprit. Didn't help, same bug occurs.

Same bug occurs if I restart the mission with "#restart".

The only things that helps not to experience the bug is to restart the dedicated server, then the persistent save get read correctly with the correct saved number of vehicles/units.

I can send the rpt/log if needed to debug.

Edit #1. The bug isn't present if I try to reproduce the steps and I've aborted the mission for the first time I've started the server and mission and I save/load the persistent save. Yet on the second abort/load it starts multiplying assets.

Edit #2. Tried to set the DS option "persistent = 0;" in the server.cfg, nothing happened, as if the server didn't unload the mission from the rotation after last player disconnected.

Edit #3. If I restart the mission with "#missions" and reload the mission from the bank, the bug doesn't occur, at least I have two solutions to get around the multiplication.

Thanks a lot, will check that.

EDIT: I think what's happening is you are loading the whole server stats, just like you restarted the server and loaded. Made a small change that hopefully will solve that.

@songfire: You mission is bugged in some part and zones are not despawning. Send here a .rpt and I will check it.

Sure mate. I'll send you a download link. 

We found a work-around by driving down all the people in the roadblock and cleaning it up that way. not optimal but it worked. 

Possibly new bug: At some point when the server was running last night Petros died. There were no one to place the marker and when we logged in today we are spawning in the lower left corner 0,0. The entire island is green, and I can't fast travel and place the HQ a new place or anything else. I have access to the flag pole, Petros and my 'Y' menu. UInfortunatly both the crates and the whiteboard sink. Are there any way to save our progress so we can get back on land; or should we see this as a "defeat"?