barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

I can't seem to find where my server is hiding the save files.

I played around on singleplayer and I've bought a server and want to transfer the savegame from my local machine to the server. Where do I place the "continue.Arma3Save" or what files do I need to copy :)? 

thanks for an amazing mission! 

I can't seem to find where my server is hiding the save files.

I played around on singleplayer and I've bought a server and want to transfer the savegame from my local machine to the server. Where do I place the "continue.Arma3Save" or what files do I need to copy :)? 

thanks for an amazing mission!

Said this like 3 times.

On linux you have to start the server with the -profile and -name option. The location of the savegames will be /home/uruser/.local/Arma 3 Other Profiles/YourServerProfile/YourServerProfile.Arma3Save

On windows it seems to be in the profile folder.

well barbolani posted in the steam comments, that is possible to port the mission in 30min!

actually everything is working well, its only this little script which makes problems. it checks the town names and marks them with the "t" next to it and it seems to also do some kind of street calculations (lines 47-60).

for altis he has predefined the towns (initVar.sqf line 265) and in the roadsDB.sqf is the other array(not sure what this does though, AI waypoints maybe, for patrols?).

it would be no problem to have the names of the towns of takistan or cherna or any other map in the initVar.sqf aswell, but what about all those hundreds of coords in the roadsDB.sqf ?

I didn't said impossible, I said not designed for. As you said there are a lot of files specialy generated for Altis.

i spent my last day checking alot of his code and i think he has designed it to be easily ported to any map.  i didn't find "a lot of files specially generated for altis".  well its basically only the roadsDB.sqf which is for altis only( and the location of radio towers in the initzones.sqf + names of the towns - but those 2 are easy to put in manually).

im just curious how the roadsDB.sqf has been generated.

..and although the script gives me this error, patrols seem to be working..

why would he also add a script which analyzes custom maps if he didnt intend to design this mission to be ported easily?

I did not checked the code since 0.17 so you are probably right. Still there is no official support of other maps

I did not checked the code since 0.17 so you are probably right. Still there is no official support of other maps

well, im still new to scripting, but ive tested it quite a bit on chernarus and it was working better than i expected. i think we just gotta wait until barbolani comes back from holidays or maybe some experienced scripter can figure this out...

well, im still new to scripting, but ive tested it quite a bit on chernarus and it was working better than i expected. i think we just gotta wait until barbolani comes back from holidays or maybe some experienced scripter can figure this out...

I can but I don't think I will. Messing with mods is always a real pain.

I can but I don't think I will. Messing with mods is always a real pain.

just like using vanilla stuff like units, maps, etc.. i always just wanna throw up when i hear the sound of an ugly MX gun.

Barbolani,

Not sure if this got lost in the postings but did not see a response?  AI "Freeze" when surrendering with HC's. 

Looks like this was fixed in .8 update

Hiya!

Im con hollidays but not un the desert :)

The custom for altis scripts are there to avoid long inits when mission is un Altos. RoadsDB is a road datqbase forma the parked cara you see un cities. If misión detects other map, it builds the DB con the fly, which may take several minutes.

The errores you are experiencing: dont know really. Seems muy code is made to the Arma 3 standard island config, and maybe Cherna is not configured un exactly the same way?

Un th

Sry forma the crappy language. Freaking mobile autocorrect

Damn dude posting even when on holiday...thats comitment..but we knew that already with all the cool updates :).

just like using vanilla stuff like units, maps, etc.. i always just wanna throw up when i hear the sound of an ugly MX gun.

New sounds are awesome dude.

Said this like 3 times.

On linux you have to start the server with the -profile and -name option. The location of the savegames will be /home/uruser/.local/Arma 3 Other Profiles/YourServerProfile/YourServerProfile.Arma3Save

On windows it seems to be in the profile folder.

I didn't said impossible, I said not designed for. As you said there are a lot of files specialy generated for Altis.

Cool thanks, Problem is nothing is showing up at all, so that is why it confuses me.Thanks for the fast reply mate! 

Barbolani, I've testing the new version for two days and there is still a LOT of problems but more of early game related problems

- Mortar are still OP

- I got a base attack every time when I take an outpost like Wtf ?

U need to start server I assume with a profile.

Thanks Captain.

Found an interesting bug:

1. Start a dedicated server.
2. Start Arma.
3. Login as admin on the server.
4. Start Antistasi.
5. Load persistent save.
6. Exit Arma. I think, leaving the server is enough.
7. Start Arma.
8. Login as admin on the server.
9. Continue mission.
10. No questions asked about Server membership and Switch commander, but loading previous session is suggested.
11. Load previous session.
12. All parked vehicles are duplicated.
13. Profit.

Maybe there are some other discrepancies after that.

@songfire, @stk2008, @harmdhast

I think it's not that simple. You cannot load a save file on a dedicated server. You have to use persistent saving system.
And even persistent saves in the same profile vars file are saved separately for dedicated servers and SP.

Harmdhast, did you try your suggested solution?

I've transferred my antistasi progress to a dedicated server, but it was rather difficult:

1. Modify the mission to log all the variables loaded from the persistent save to rpt. Some variables are big and have to be split.
2. Start this modified mission in SP and load a persistent save.
3. Get your logged data from the rpt.
4. Modify the mission again. Hardcode your save data instead of persistent load mechanics. Do not touch saving.
5. Start the modified mission on a dedicated server and load a persistent save. Your hardcoded data have to be loaded.
6. Persistent save. This time the data should be saved normally.
7. Start unmodified mission and use persistent loading and saving mechanics normally.

I had to do this, because I've spent 200+ hours in the mission. If you are interested, and nobody suggests other working solution, I am ready to help you with coding.

i spent my last day checking alot of his code and i think he has designed it to be easily ported to any map.  i didn't find "a lot of files specially generated for altis".  well its basically only the roadsDB.sqf which is for altis only( and the location of radio towers in the initzones.sqf + names of the towns - but those 2 are easy to put in manually).

im just curious how the roadsDB.sqf has been generated.

..and although the script gives me this error, patrols seem to be working..

why would he also add a script which analyzes custom maps if he didnt intend to design this mission to be ported easily?

I don't know much anything about scripting, but I do know a fair bit about map making and I can tell you the roads on Arma3 and Altis are generated in a very different way from Chernarus / Arma 2. In arma 3 the roads are just vector paths stored in a database, which the game then assings properties light texture type, width and so on, whereas in A2 days the roads were actualy p3d objects placed in a row one after another.

@songfire, @stk2008, @harmdhast

I think it's not that simple. You cannot load a save file on a dedicated server. You have to use persistent saving system.

And even persistent saves in the same profile vars file are saved separately for dedicated servers and SP.

Harmdhast, did you try your suggested solution?

I've transferred my antistasi progress to a dedicated server, but it was rather difficult:

1. Modify the mission to log all the variables loaded from the persistent save to rpt. Some variables are big and have to be split.

2. Start this modified mission in SP and load a persistent save.

3. Get your logged data from the rpt.

4. Modify the mission again. Hardcode your save data instead of persistent load mechanics. Do not touch saving.

5. Start the modified mission on a dedicated server and load a persistent save. Your hardcoded data have to be loaded.

6. Persistent save. This time the data should be saved normally.

7. Start unmodified mission and use persistent loading and saving mechanics normally.

I had to do this, because I've spent 200+ hours in the mission. If you are interested, and nobody suggests other working solution, I am ready to help you with coding.

I don't understand what you're talking about sorry. Can you add me on steam then we can talk about your problem without spamming here.

I reverted the mortar dispersion because I noticed nonsense shelling. Remember Im modifying UPSMon and thats not an easy task.

Anyway mortqrs spawn muchos less. I think we hace reached a balance con that.

About the attacks. Didnt changed anything con timing. AAF now is more clever selecting where to attack. It avoids exploits.

I reverted the mortar dispersion because I noticed nonsense shelling. Remember Im modifying UPSMon and thats not an easy task.

Anyway mortqrs spawn muchos less. I think we hace reached a balance con that.

About the attacks. Didnt changed anything con timing. AAF now is more clever selecting where to attack. It avoids exploits.

Did you manage to get something done about bases respawn delay when out of their spawn range?

I was one of three people to bring that up during the last few pages of this thread, so this seems to be commonly regarded as an issue.

I don't know much anything about scripting, but I do know a fair bit about map making and I can tell you the roads on Arma3 and Altis are generated in a very different way from Chernarus / Arma 2. In arma 3 the roads are just vector paths stored in a database, which the game then assings properties light texture type, width and so on, whereas in A2 days the roads were actualy p3d objects placed in a row one after another.

thanks for the info.

so i suppose stratis using also the new way for roads? well i tried it and i got the exact same error like before with A2 maps: "t" markers only at about 30-50% of all towns.

would really appreciate if someone with a bit more experience in scripting could check it out.

http://pastebin.com/dq2YcGZm"undefined variable in expression _pos line 39" (taken from initZones.sqf)

Welp dude, this mission is perfection in every bit of it, I play this mission like all the time. It's thee mission for ArmA III in my opinion. I've been playing it since the start and it just keep getting better and better. The first thing I like to check out on steam is wether or not Antistasi updated and what new features it might have  :D It really is a great experience and every armaholic should try it out at least once.

I do have a proposition for you, and feel free to say no, i won't feel bad if you do. I'm starting to acquire some ArmA 3 modding knowledge, just texturing for now. And welp, I think the only thing antistasi needs is a little AAF enemy variety. They are called Altis Armed Forces so I figure it be divided into branches. Like maybe the army and Navy, and than maybe they would divisions and regiments. So for AAF enemy variety, I could re-texture some AAF uniforms. Like say the guys stationed at seaports could have blue camo so you could identify them as Marines or Navy. They be slightly tougher than your average troops. Or maybe the soldiers stationed at the airbases, the ones that attack by air could have a black rig and a black helmet. They'd be pretty elite since most modern day Airborne units have much tougher training than the average joe. Well, the more i think about it, the more difficult it sounds to program since I'm sure its much simpler when you use default AAF units and groups.

I made this little document since I was bored at

work so I did this https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZrMdG9HemxoiscU1PCRAWzGXxQUa_gPr94qR6YP3v8I/edit?usp=sharing

If you're interested, I can do AAF re-textures. In fact, I can make them, and post the examples of what I can do If you give me the go.

Like I said, this mission is quite awesome and is perfect as it is  :D I just think that enemy variety could add some spice, LIKE OMG PARATROOPERS!!  :o  ^_^

Wow. Well I think con Tanoa versión, which will be more flexible con modded units, there can be done. Having a "especial units addon for Antistasi" could be great.

Indeed some spanish team are doing a retexture from captured AAF vehicles, FIA graffitti etc..

Wow. Well I think con Tanoa versión, which will be more flexible con modded units, there can be done.

One question, when will the real work start :p ?