barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

Latest patch is supposed to solve this. Please confirm what version you are using.

BTW will publish some patch today.

1. In early stages, Rescue missions are your main source. When you have some towns, you will have 1-2-3 each ten minutes, which will be enough for your squad. Magic HR income number is still on trial and error.

2. With good AA surrounding the town, being ready to help the defenders, and some luck. Luck to avoid having one of those, more luck to defeat CSAT.

3. An anti-arty response may spawn from time to time if you abuse of them. Counterbatteries will depend on enemies awareness of your mortar and it's position.

4. No ATM.

5. Game crashing ATM. Tanoa edition is planed to be more flexible on that,

6. Mines?

Ok.. regarding 1) I have had two towns and still no HR income at all, at first I thought it was because it was pretty small towns in the NW corner of altis, but I restarted further down south where the default place is. I had two medium size towns but no HR. Do they need to be powered to give HR?

I still think there is some tweaking to do on the counter attacks, I took my first outpost near Neri and the counter attack was two CSAT jets, three helicopters, four (!!!) APCs and three infantry trucks. A pretty tall order to fend off with eight men. And if you retreat all the time you never get any progression... I play on single player if that makes any difference.

BTW where do you set the mission difficulty?

HR income is affected from several factors. Don't worry, as long as you progress. It will come.

Abvout the rest: welcome to guerrilla war.

Hello,

I played this mission quite some time ago and yesterday I decided to play it again.

I downloaded latest version of the mission and updated my Arma 3 to latest version.

I loaded my last save in which I control around 1/3 of the map, but I noticed few things. For example, I captured few resource objectives and it revealed that AAF does not have tanks, planes, APC or anything. Every singe information that I got is that AAF has absolutely no support vehicles. Do they regenerate? Or is this affected by the newer version of Altis mission than my save file is?

If I have to start a new game, can I somehow cheat in those areas I already control in my save so that I do not have to start from nothing again?

Another interesting thing I noticed is that last time I played this mission, it seemed that every 2nd AAF soldier was armed with AT weapons and it made any kind of motorized attacks on objectives impossible and always resulted in every single vehicle getting destroyed from 1.5km distance.

However now it seems that AAF has way less AT weapons and I managed to do attacks with squad of 3 tanks on multiple objectives resulting in only 1 tank immobilized. This is very good! 

We were just attacking an outpost, group of three. We killed nearly everyone there, including 2 static mgs and a mortar (the guys in there)

We were killed by a bot who shot us through the wall, but fast travelled to the nearby town (Zaros), grabbed a car and were back within 2 minutes.

All the static mgs inthe towers and the mortars were manned again! There should definitely be a respawn delay for those crews, it just feels unfair and unrealistic.

Also another bug (?) - no matter where we put our main base, when trying to fast travel there it always says "cannot fast travel to an enemy controlled zone".

I tried relocating it five times and all positions where surrounded by fia towns and bases, to which we can fast travel just fine.

@nikssims: Yes AAF purchases vehicles as long as they have money.

@majorjack: That's a bug supposed to be solved, what version you have? About the respawn delay, that's hard to implement. Aim is to simulate reinforcements, so, if you had time to go back to base, pick a car and go back there, AAF had time to send reinforcements and replentish the zone too.

Latest patch is supposed to solve this. Please confirm what version you are using.

BTW will publish some patch today.

Change Log says: 16/03/16 0.19.6 Alpha

@nikssims: Yes AAF purchases vehicles as long as they have money.

@majorjack: That's a bug supposed to be solved, what version you have? About the respawn delay, that's hard to implement. Aim is to simulate reinforcements, so, if you had time to go back to base, pick a car and go back there, AAF had time to send reinforcements and replentish the zone too.

I have the steam version, it should auto update right? It says 19.7. when starting the game.

About the respawn delay, well we used fast travel. The AI respawn delay is meant to simulate that the AI is using fast travel?

It was just way to fast, especially since the static mgs would not have ever respawned, if we didn't all die at the same time and one of us had survived within the spawn radius.

I'd really appreciate it, if you would increase the timer a bit.

Edit: My two friends all didn't go into revive anymore, instantly die, just like winterbornete below. Only I (as the host) go into revive mode.

At first I thought this was because we fought against HMG Statics, but it happened when just fighting riflemen aswell.

With the last version uploaded to dropbox, I don't seem to ever go into revive anymore, just instant death? Same for others on my server.

• Like 1

@majorjack: I'm afraid I'm a bit lost with this bug. Will have to check.

About the other: heavy contradiction, I ask for a realistic reinforcement for the enemy, while I teleport from one place to another.

@winterbornete: Hotfixed a couple hours ago.

About the other: heavy contradiction, I ask for a realistic reinforcement for the enemy, while I teleport from one place to another.

Yes, I want the game to feel realistic in the sense that I don't want every single static gun/mortar remanned after dying/respawning/rearming/fast traveling/hopping in a car/arriving in just a few minutes

That the AI has manned those defences again suggests they made it here in even less time. And that feels unrealistic given the distance the AI would have to travel from the next base/outpost etc., especially since they afterall have no fast travel.

And because players know that the AI should behave "realistic", they know AI should NOT behave like they can fast travel.

I'm not asking for their respawn to be disabled entirely, I just think it should have some more cooldown time, before a respawn of the defences occurs.

Please don't get me wrong, I love Antistasi! It is the best thing that has ever happened to Arma, much more fun than even CTI.

Barbolani, could you perhaps make a version of the mission where you have slightly more HR & money to start with? Or at least get an option to do that. 

If not, what file controls that? I am no stranger to modifying missions for own purposes, it would ofcourse not be shared...

I like hard, but falling on your face every time hard is a bit much. Or rather, it feels like I need to play this mission on co-op with other intelligent humans to make it work, after all one player is more effective than 2-3 AIs. So 8 players is like 24 AIs.. 

That's not true, lots of SP lone wolfs are doing fine in Antistasi.

Anyway: the script is initVar.sqf, and each important variable is commented, so you will be able to manage it well for sure.

That's not true, lots of SP lone wolfs are doing fine in Antistasi.

Anyway: the script is initVar.sqf, and each important variable is commented, so you will be able to manage it well for sure.

Thank you :) I don't want to seem like a complainer, and as I said before this game mode sure gives a good challange to old, obsolete gaming habits where you always conquer, defend and prevail. It is quite ironic this complaint of mine, since in many games like Fallout 4 I lament the over-potent agency of the player character where you always prevail and always win, you rarely if ever need to run away.

I will give the mission a new try, perhaps I just need to modify my tactics, make better use of the undercover mechanics.

Yes, I want the game to feel realistic in the sense that I don't want every single static gun/mortar remanned after dying/respawning/rearming/fast traveling/hopping in a car/arriving in just a few minutes

That the AI has manned those defences again suggests they made it here in even less time. And that feels unrealistic given the distance the AI would have to travel from the next base/outpost etc., especially since they afterall have no fast travel.

And because players know that the AI should behave "realistic", they know AI should NOT behave like they can fast travel.

I'm not asking for their respawn to be disabled entirely, I just think it should have some more cooldown time, before a respawn of the defences occurs.

Please don't get me wrong, I love Antistasi! It is the best thing that has ever happened to Arma, much more fun than even CTI.

I agree with majorjack, I have encountered this problem many times. For example, I was attacking an AAF base which was around 1.5km away from my HQ. I had it all cleared out except for one soldier which managed to get my guy killed, so I respawned at the HQ and when I returned to the AAF base immediately every single solder had re-spawned including outpost right next to the base.

Change Log says: 16/03/16 0.19.6 Alpha

Barbolani,

Not sure if this got lost in the postings but did not see a response?  AI "Freeze" when surrendering with HC's. 

Barbolani,

Not sure if this got lost in the postings but did not see a response?  AI "Freeze" when surrendering with HC's. 

If you are using .6, then you need to update. I was playing .7 yesterday and Barbolani wanted to post a new version soon, so you might want to get the latest version.

This mission would be very interesting in Chernarus with the RHS and CDF mod. How hard it would be to port the mission to Chernarus?

@nikssims @majorjack

Enemies respawn if you get further than on spawn distance from them and then return.

I use several workarounds:

1. Place your base closer to the points which you are planning to attack and set spawn distance accordingly. There may be possible performance or Petros safety issues.
2. One player should be on overwhatch in a relatively safe position within spawn distance from enemy position with a mortar or a sniper rifle to remain useful in assault. If other players die, he has to hold his position silently before they arrive. I think a player can be replaced by an AI, but we did not try this. @barbolani, correct me if I'm wrong.
3. Place a UAV at least 300 meters above enemy positions. You have a chance to get a quadrotor UAV from NATO supply drops. It may be easier to combine uav operator and artillery gunner (placed safely outside of spawn distance) roles, because if an operator dies in the assault, he has to recover the terminal from his dead body to regain the UAV control.

Loving all the updates :)

I must admit though killing a load of enemys at say a road block with only one enemy left and he manages to kill me...only for me to return to a fully manned road block again.

I love reinforcments but I was only gone 10mins.

This needs to be made more realistic if possible so enemy have to actually travel from a base taking real time to get back to road block.

The main reason me and my mates play this mission is because its realistic

No enemys spawn on your ass from no where as said by OP enemys that are on map are there from the start or travel from a base to add support.

This mission would be very interesting in Chernarus with the RHS and CDF mod. How hard it would be to port the mission to Chernarus?

I imagine it would be a near total rework, everything is custom placed on Altis, and most if not everything would need to be rebalanced i think. A 2016 Altis version with more current day assets on the other hand might not be as hard (forgive me Barbolani if I am wrong) but then we would at least need a good AAF/GreenFor vehicle and infantry pack - perhaps a reskin pack of RHS US/Russian assets with RHS dependency. Or we can wait for CSLA3 and their greenfor forces, I loved those. Mmm, 80s edition guerilla war  :tounge:  :tounge:  :tounge:

@nikssims @majorjack

Enemies respawn if you get further than on spawn distance from them and then return.

1. Place your base closer to the points which you are planning to attack and set spawn distance accordingly. There may be possible performance or Petros safety issues.

2. One player should be on overwhatch in a relatively safe position within spawn distance from enemy position with a mortar or a sniper rifle to remain useful in assault. If other players die, he has to hold his position silently before they arrive. I think a player can be replaced by an AI, but we did not try this. @barbolani, correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Place a UAV at least 300 meters above enemy positions. You have a chance to get a quadrotor UAV from NATO supply drops. It may be easier to combine uav operator and artillery gunner (placed safely outside of spawn distance) roles, because if an operator dies in the assault, he has to recover the terminal from his dead body to regain the UAV control.

Yes I use the close by mortar too (mainly to get fire support as fast as possible). Also be sure to keep a medic close by at all times.

@Barbolani; I tried again with vanilla mission and wouldn't you know it, I lucked out in some missions including a very tense money convoy assault. End result: 4K money, 25 HR even after spending money on two FIA skill level updates. Goes to show  :D But I wont mess with no counter attacks till I have something like 50HR and enough money for a shitload of statics.

@nikssims @majorjack

I know, but always keeping a human player in a safe position is hard, when you are only playing with three players most of the time.

Having to use a workaround tells me that there is a basis for my suggestion that the game might benefit from delaying the respawn of hostile base garrisons.

As Barbolani is immensely creative, I'm sure he'll come up with a satisfying solution : )

Thanks for this masterpiece barbolani!

Anyone successfully ported this to another map? I've been trying all day long but can't get it to work.

here is my problem:

the only thing i changed was basically the initZones.sqf, like described in the sqf. i did only change the markers according to the ones in editor.

it seems that there is something wrong with the initzones.sqf line 35-93. the script that checks the towns and put the marker next to it, which shows who controls it.

same problem on chernarus and takistan: about 1/3rd of the towns get the marker and then there is the same town in each map which always gets the same marker twice and about 2/3 of the towns dont get a marker. i get error "undefined variable in expression _pos" line 73.

http://imgur.com/a/iy8kI

so this part of the script doesnt run when the map is altis, but i am still too new to arma scripting to figure it out myself.

here is a link to the unmodified and newest initZones.sqf  : http://pastebin.com/Ga0Zs3dw  

thanks in advance!

It is said that it's not made to be ported to another map. Tou can try at your own risks. The code is not yet designed this way.

It will take too much time for now because the code is entirely wrote for Altis. Maybe something will come with the Tanoa update.

It is said that it's not made to be ported to another map. Tou can try at your own risks. The code is not yet designed this way.

It will take too much time for now because the code is entirely wrote for Altis. Maybe something will come with the Tanoa update.

well barbolani posted in the steam comments, that is possible to port the mission in 30min!

actually everything is working well, its only this little script which makes problems. it checks the town names and marks them with the "t" next to it and it seems to also do some kind of street calculations (lines 47-60).

for altis he has predefined the towns (initVar.sqf line 265) and in the roadsDB.sqf is the other array(not sure what this does though, AI waypoints maybe, for patrols?).

it would be no problem to have the names of the towns of takistan or cherna or any other map in the initVar.sqf aswell, but what about all those hundreds of coords in the roadsDB.sqf ?