barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

Ok now I must ask you to copy paste this (sorry, I have no HC to try)

hint format ["Allplayers: %1\nAllplayers - HC: %2", allPlayers, allPlayers-hcArray];

Should list everyone connected + the HC and in other line only humans connected.

If works, I'm really lost on what's happening :)

I will be happy to run the script later this week as I won't be on the server until then

Vengeance

Shall download this and have a crack at the SP later this evening.

I love these kind's of mission so hoping for good things.

Is it lone wolf or squad based in SP? Do I have the option of both or?

You can choose to buy AI units or act as a lone wolf / one man commando / rambo... Yeah, It's easier with AI.

I can confirm the the freezing in place on surrender with the white boxes. Really annoying when another live soldier shows up and stands in that crowd. I looked and him and he looked at me, is he... powpowpow!!! Damit! My buddy got him and i went down but managed to survive. LOL!

Ok so I don't know what changed but ACE is now working on dedicated server.

Oh and yes there may be an issue with HC and sleeping, or it could be moving base, sorry can't recall which happened last but my guys would not except a radio. Slot was red'ed out. Tried in vehicles, boxes and from ammo box but no go. Had to start that one over.

May have to seek pro help if I don't quit spending so much time on this scenario. Benny was great but didn't mess with me like this one does.

barbolani will running with ASR or bcombat have any negative effects or have you made any adjustments to the AI that these mods might conflict with?

Barbolani,

Ok I got to my server remotely and here is what it says:

Allplayers:

[HC1,HC2,HC3,commandante]

Allplayers - HC:

Hope this helps

Vengeance

Hi again barbolani,

I have another bug for you.  After you take AI control of a group from High Command, when you return control to the AI the squad disappears from High Command list.  They're still physically there but you can't select them to give them orders.  It happens with infantry and mounted static weapons as well.

Thanks for fixing the personal garage so fast!  Although I'm a little sad I don't have infinite APCs anymore!  :lol:

You can choose to buy AI units or act as a lone wolf / one man commando / rambo... Yeah, It's easier with AI.

It's so much easier with AI units it's not funny.  They will try to revive you if they have first aid kits and a spare moment, but it's finicky.  They will often run towards you, then stop and try to fight, run towards you, fight, etc.  They're still more useful than not.

I don't think a lone wolf could possibly hold against a counter attack, they just couldn't hold enough ammunition to fight off so many APCs/transport choppers/troops.  It's also a good idea to bring some militia so when you're returning from missions, have them grab civilian vehicles for future undercover missions.

Also, I think I remember you can cut radio communications by destroying radio towers, and that can stop AAF from counter-attacking.  Do you have to cut communications to the base itself, or the target, or both?  I destroyed the radio towers north of Kavala, and I took the factory, seaport and outpost there without a counter-attack, but the outposts immediately east both trigger a counter attack from Zeros base to the south.  I think they might be on the edge of Zeros' radio range.

Barbolani,

Ok I got to my server remotely and here is what it says:

Allplayers:

Allplayers - HC:

Hope this helps

Vengeance

It's allPlayers - hcArray, did you tested with that?

@T.Fork: Can't reproduce, send me more info (.rpt, video etc.)

@hellfire21: Do not use any AI mod, it will lead to malfunctions and gives little or none features to this mission. They are totally unsupported.

It's allPlayers - hcArray, did you tested with that?

Yes I did, it appears to me it thinks the HC's are Human Players, and their location is the marker for the HC.  If you move the marker to your new camp location it works fine.

Also: I have tested for hours now using 3 HC Clients and have never gotten another Freeze on Enemies.  It appeared it only happened after loading a previous mission before HC's added, once I persistent saved and restarted server it never happened again.

Vengeance

good!

In the worst case, I can script the move HQ feature moving also the HC objects to the respawn position.

Sorry, it was a mod that was causing the issue. I turned the mod off and it works fine.

It was this mod for future reference:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=491016790

Well this is disturbing as this is a must for my game play when AI are involved, I experienced the same issue I posted some time back so good to know what caused it but too bad about its effect. 

IMHO non vehicle/unit/weapon mod makers should aim to make their mods as transparent for mission makers as possible. They "sell" that concept but.. Unfortunately that's not true in most of the cases.

They only care about being compatible with other mods (they indeed only care about ACE, TFAR and RHS), as they suppose mission makers will make the missions for their mods.

This make mission makers to chose between adapt their missions to those mods or to remove them from compatibility matrix, which is the case, sorry.

BTW the only really transparent mod I've seen so far is TFAR. ACE is making weird things to my killed AIs too (but is not critical, affects to the reputation on each city).

i got error "no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.ClaymoreDirectionalMine_Remote_Ammo_Scripted'. i can't load my last persistent save. it always load my second persistent save. any fix for this? i lost my progress very far.

William, see the Bug report section in steam page and post according to the first post, will help you.

I'm currently developping a neat ranking system. Do you want me to adapt it to your mission barbolani ?

I will send you some screenshots when I come to something less laggy / ugly.

AFAIK the system is working now, but I agree it is not my best script so yes, I'm interested :)

Hi, Barbolani.

Can you add some view distance script to the mission? I am currently using Taw view distance addon, but it's settings menu disappears after the first death.

Hello Barbolani.

Thank you very much for this Mission.

It really makes my palms sweaty :)

As Nazarovtr mentioned above, would it be possible to add some scripts to control viewing distance and maybe object distance.

How about revive? Medic only or Teammate. Maybe possible thru Mission Parameters?

Keep up the awesome work.

I can set the view distance according to spawn distance. Has it sense?

hmm we can test that :) makes sense for infantry i guess... not sure for pilots?

would it also be possible to have an option to disable grass? with the view distance option?