barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

Ah damm! I know why you lost the money!

You did not attend to Kill the Traitor missions.

If you dont you have a money penalty.

Just out of curiosity

So are you saying if you choose not to do the missions that pop up you loose money?

Yes. Failing sidemissions have a negative impact, depending on several things.

For example: is not the same to let a convoy pass, than destroying the convoy than capturing the convoy. And everything will depend on which type of convoy it is.

Ignoring a Traitor misión, few patches ago, triggered a Defend HQ in the past, which wasn't of the like of almost anyone (but realistic, what does AAF want to know from a traitor? Where is Petros) no just has an important resource penalty.

Thanks!

I checked it all, and I see a lot of loads and saves with an error on the asset saving. Will check that. But BTW: When you saved, the message of "Savegame Done" did appear?

Also it's very strange I see a lot of VAS and Liberation errors when you log out from Antistasi...

Ok, assuming you have Kavala, the server admin must type this in the console:

pos = getMarkerPos "Kavala"; stavros setPos pos; petros setPos pos; bandera setPos pos

From there, the commander will be able to reach the flag, select move HQ option, tell Petros to build HQ wherever you want and then the rest of the HQ assests should teleport there.

I got the "Savegame done" messages everytime I saved.

Thanks for the help!

Tried your command above and it works, but I need to bring the ammobox as well to be able to move the base.

EDIT: I found the name after unpbo of the mission. Back on track now!

Hi again!

There are still trouble with dissapering First aid kits. The stay in the inventory some minute and then the are gone. Value 0 in Arsenal.

Same thing with AA missiles. The weapon stays but not the missiles.

Some trouble with saved games also. After a restart when petros died where all FIA money gone, back to start value of 1000. You will find several restarts because of Petros dead. The money where gone at the last time - roughly about 20:30 in time.

Is it possible to edit the saved file and reset the money value?

Log from todays gaming will be provided by Snokez. 

Yes, now I see you mission is bugged.

It seems the money pool has been corrupted because you saved owning a vehiche which is not in the price list. In coding this means: "my money + I dont know how much money = bug".

This may come because you edited the mission or (most probable) because some vehicle you had while saving is not in the price list.

In the next patch I will bulletproof the equation, so: "my money + I dont know how much money = my money"

EDIT:

Also it seems the save system is trying to save your current sidemissions and finding they don't exist. It's like in one side is saying the task exists and in another it doesen't.

Not sure what it is, but in some time the save seems corrupted yes.

Question about the Ammo box, I have read others who say stuff ends up missing and not in Arsenal as I have seen, I had 9 PCML's in there and came back and there all gone along with all my Rifles? 

1. Should we be transferring all our booty to the Ammo Box or Cargo Container?

2. What is the purpose of the Cargo Container and does it get saved?

3. I have yet to see anything pop up in the Arsenal even if I have +10 in the Ammo Box?

4. Not sure of the sequence of what your supposed to do when calling a NATO CAS, it takes it and nothing happens?  I click the map but the Icons stay at the NATO Marker?

Having a great time with this mission, TOTALLY ADDICTIVE that's for sure! 

Hi!

I recommend you to watch the video tutorials if you haven't done it yet.

Regarding hq ammobox: Unlocked assets get deleted from the ammobox.

1. Yes

2. Its a vehicle ammo ressuply (vanilla Arma), nothing there gets saved.

3. It doesent unlock things on real time, so sometimes you may find not yet unlocked or not be deleted things there.

4. AI got messed up? It's vanilla support system after all.

Hi barbolani,

Just for info:

Since I was playing with Steel Rat when we lost the money, I can confirm that the mission file we used was strictly your original pbo w/o any mods,

so we look forward for the patch.  :)  The only reason why we unPBO it was to get the name of the AmmoBox so it could be moved from the ocean.

No worries. Any user has permission o edit the mission as long as he don't comes here crying for a bufix caused because of his code :)

I was worried that was the case, but Steel Rat confirmed it is not, so it´s ok!

@barbolani:

I watched your two tutorial videos (great work !!) and at the end I was dreaming of a NAM version of Antistasi, playing northern vietnamese fighting US ! :) 

How long does it take to "complete" the mission (on Altis) ? It should take days !!

Knowing the game at 100% like me, and being good at tactics, shooting, etc. (not like me) I think you may need a couple evenings to finish the mission.

Fallout IV took me 3 and I paid 60 € for it :)

@barbolani

This may come because you edited the mission or (most probable) because some vehicle you had while saving is not in the price list.

No editing took place. But we did put some 3-4 newly stolen civilian vehicles in the garage while playing. Maybe one them was without price?

Also it seems the save system is trying to save your current sidemissions and finding they don't exist. It's like in one side is saying the task exists and in another it doesen't. 

You could be on something here. We where 4 people playing and I as commander did not get the green check mark when we succeded with "Kill the traitor". So at that time we had some discrepans between the players. That was our last mission we played so if thats causing the trouble, take a look near the end of the last log file you got from us.

Thanks for a good work!

barbolani,

Ok you were right it is VERY IMPORTANT to watch the two videos WOW lots of details and capabilities.  Ok, so my question is still around the NATO CAS, the second time I called it and it goes to 0,0,0 which means I must have to specify a location on map.  Some of your calls ask for "Map Click" and some require you to select location (like Attack) how do you use CAS?  

Thanks,

Vengeance

Hi Barbolani!

Two issues when playing today:

1. Got the mission "kill the traitor". The time for completion was about 50 min. Got close to the place when I got "Mission failed", at that point it was exactly 30 min. before end time. The traitor was alive, I just got close enough to see him go to the car nearby and drive away. Must we catch him before taking off?

2. Happened to run across the fire in base and could not heal at the big Green box. Still got the red "aura" around the screen after trying 2 times. 

Hi Barbolani!

Two issues when playing today:

1. Got the mission "kill the traitor". The time for completion was about 50 min. Got close to the place when I got "Mission failed", at that point it was exactly 30 min. before end time. The traitor was alive, I just got close enough to see him go to the car nearby and drive away. Must we catch him before taking off?

2. Happened to run across the fire in base and could not heal at the big Green box. Still got the red "aura" around the screen after trying 2 times. 

1. Weird, You must fail only if he sucess to escape.

2. Your health is at 100% thanks Bohemia. :)

Hi!

About the Kill the Traitor it is failed if he reaches the nearest AAF base. Are you 100% sure he wasn't?

barbolani,

Ok you were right it is VERY IMPORTANT to watch the two videos WOW lots of details and capabilities.  Ok, so my question is still around the NATO CAS, the second time I called it and it goes to 0,0,0 which means I must have to specify a location on map.  Some of your calls ask for "Map Click" and some require you to select location (like Attack) how do you use CAS?  

Thanks,

Vengeance

NATO CAS, it does not work for me.  30 points used now and I can't figure out how to use it, I have tried clicking on map before, after calling, I have tried click on Base, Outpost but it does not work and Training Video does not explain.  Please explain sequence. 

Hello, I wanted to write some thoughts and few issues I have encountered while playing Antistasi for around a month.

I always play in Single Player due to my slow internet connection, so that is why I am always looking for some good missions and campaigns I can play. Right now I can say that I have tried pretty much every dynamic campaign there is and Antistasi is the best there is. It has issues, but they are nothing compared to issues occurring in other dynamic missions. Whole lotta Altis is unplayable for me because of the massive lag it creates even in situation where there are less troops and vehicles on the map than in Antistasi.

Right now I am playing Arma only because of Antistasi as it provides the best load and play ability. No need for 30 minute loading screens and what not, no load game issues and huge compatibility with mods just makes this a masterpiece. In my current game I have conquered 1/3 of the map and the fighting has come to a stalemate as AAF is not able to launch successful attacks and nor am I due to the strength the AAF has accumulated. I have never seen any mission where dynamically such situation develops. I have had many intense and realistic battle moments during my play-through. However during a month of playing one campaign I wish to point out 2 major issues that I noticed.

First issues I noticed is that every third AAF soldier is armed either with AA or AT launchers. It renders armored or air attacks completely useless. I had captured 2 tanks and IFV from AAF Forces. I repaired them and launched an attack on an outpost them all at the same time. From the 6 soldiers that defended the outpost 2 had AT launchers and another had an AA launcher, and even without getting close to the outpost all three armed vehicles were destroyed. I tried many times attacking with vehicles but every time AAF destroys the armor in matter of seconds. Same thing in air, it is near impossible to attack a base from a helicopter. I had 3 AA missiles coming to me even when I was just approaching an AAF base from 1km away. If there was a way to reduce the amount of launchers the AAF has by around 80%, the mission would be much more playable.

Second issue is more of a personal taste. I see no sense in NATO troops appearing on the island as soon as I capture a base. In the game it does not feel at all as if I am fighting against AAF as a resistance, but more like I am fighting as the NATO, but just without weapons. When I began the campaign, I fought for a long time against AAF convoys and launched attacks on AAF outposts. When I first took a base after a great battle, the NATO instantly took over with huge amounts of soldiers, tanks and helicopters. That immediately killed all immersion for me and it keeps happening as I keep taking bases and whatnot. I would personally prefer having no NATO in the scenario and manage the garrisons and defenses myself using the FIA soldiers.

@vengeance1:

Once you select NATO CAS, a plane or chopper spawns on the nearest NATO airport (or in the NATO carrier if none), and links to your support module (radio 0-8-x). Sometimes the link takes a few seconds.

Once it's available on 0-8 you select the CAS option, type of plane, type of mission, and select in the map or screen the position. The vehicle will move there and try to perform the mission.

If on the trip it finds some AA defences, they may get shot down, so you must care about it.

This is vanilla CAS module support and you must have seen it in other missions (BIS Campaign makes use of the module)

@nikssims:

Thank you! I wish saOk does not see your comparison between Antistasi and WLA (saOk is buch better coder than me) :)

About the issue one, I may check that. Groups are randomly picked from a type of group pool which includes the specialized ones (AA group, AT group) so, a general purpose group has the same chances which is, indeed unrealistic. In a to-do list.

About two: I partially agree. The intention here is to make the misión a bit easier for the players, as the NATO troops have better equipment and training, and they are free indeed, but uncontrolable.

Additionally, Airport operation cannot be done by the FIA villagers, specially when they don't have planes (unless you hero capture them).

But I have the same impression than you.

So for the next update I'm thinking about extend the garrison system to bases and airports, and make the NATO spawn depend on NATO support.

So if a base should spawn 8 groups because of it's size, and you have 50% NATO supp, then only 4 groups will spawn, and you must care about completing those with your own garrison.

@barbolani

About the Kill the Traitor it is failed if he reaches the nearest AAF base. Are you 100% sure he wasn't?

He could wery much had done that. Just saw him go away in a car. No issue here then :) Thanks for the explanation and thanks to harmdhast as well!

And i can only agree with nikssims, it's a really amazing job you have done!

barbolani,

Ok now I get it, for some reason I didn't pickup on on the 0-8 normal Support Call.  No wonder it just sat there at the Marker!  :rolleyes: 

Thanks,