barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

Hi,

After the hotfix everything seems solved.

Regards.

Hi, barbolani.
Antistasi became the main gaming activity for me and my friend for the last couple of months. It's great.
I have a feature request. Can you add AAF Attack frequency setting? We've conquered a big part of Altis and we almost constantly have 100 CSAT support. Now we are doing very little progress, because almost every evening we have the same scanario:

1 Completing a small mission in 10 minutes.
2 Defending Pyrgos base and clearing it's vicinity from enemy paratroopers for 2 hours.
3 Persistenst saving and quitting.

We've already done it about 6 times.

Can you add the setting?

Hi!

The idea is: The AAF timing between attacks is shorter as FIA has more territory, so, yes, in advanced game, AAF attacks should be constant while in early stages that time may be around two hours.

What I need to tweak is knowing how far from the end you are, and adjust the setting so if you are in the near end, it's a total war, and attacks are constant.

Of course you can decide to send a few HC squads to Pyrgos and focus on anything else.

Ok, I understand your intent.

But you know ARMA AI. You can not really rely on them for protection of the bases. And I can not find how to recruit AA infantry. Are they forbidden intentionally?

For AA you can do two things:

- Unlock in Arsenal the Titan AA Launcher, so the standard grunt (Rifleman\Militiaman) may spawn with an AA, also those who configure in the garrison menu. This is not valid for Bases and Airports, as they are defended by NATO (but they manage AA pretty well most of the times).

- In the zones yoiu want to defend, buy some static Titan and place them INSIDE the area facing where you want. AI spawned units are supposed to use them when under attack. That's not bulletproof, but it works.

BTW if you have Pyrgos base you have a good chance to win, specially if the buildings inside are in good shape.

hi there,

First i really love your mission. i've been playing it whenever i can with my guys.

we're a dutch group and pretty active with this mission. keep it going!

now my problems i'm currently facing:

1. when we move hq we can't get missions anymore.

2. when we move HQ fia reinforcements spawn gets fucked up, they walk to the area they have to defend.

and when .50 cal trucks spawn they just dont move.

we even had one of the trucks drive over petros one time.

also we cant seem to gather enough HR.

since we dont get any side missions that generate some. are there other ways to gather hr?

could be our mistake but i don't know whats going wrong

For AA you can do two things:

- Unlock in Arsenal the Titan AA Launcher, so the standard grunt (Rifleman\Militiaman) may spawn with an AA, also those who configure in the garrison menu. This is not valid for Bases and Airports, as they are defended by NATO (but they manage AA pretty well most of the times).

- In the zones yoiu want to defend, buy some static Titan and place them INSIDE the area facing where you want. AI spawned units are supposed to use them when under attack. That's not bulletproof, but it works.

BTW if you have Pyrgos base you have a good chance to win, specially if the buildings inside are in good shape.

Thanks, barbolani. I will try both variants. A couple of questions left.

So vehicles or static weapons are saved bot only on the HQ, but also on every captured location?

What is the radius of the area inside which the weapons have to be placed?

And a couple more things about the Arsensal.

We have 43 GPSs in Ammobox, but it had not appear in the Arsenal. Is that ok? Or how much do we have to get?

Is it possible to acquire Infinite Titan AP rockets in the Arsenal? We have to find 30?

@Hawkeye: Thanks! Issues with missions are because of the Nexus update, which bugged some BIS functions I use. I'm going to publish a workaround in an hour or two with solution for that. About the stuck AI.....cannot do nothing. Some HQ spots are easy for them, some not. AI controlling them helps a lot, but regarding those who you cannot control, I can't do nothing more.

@nazarovtr:

- Static weapons: (purchased and stolen) never despawn and allways saved if alive and mounted, no matter where they are. Other vehicles, if far from HQ and far from any controlled AI / player, despawn. On save, if they are mounted, refund, if they are near HQ, saved.

- The logical area, inside the boundaries of the base / factory whatever. In doubt, close to the flag.

- Yes, it's normal, you need 50 of the same type.

- Yes, with 50.

No. I know, I am a disgrace. The localization tables are still a mistery to me. It is in a To-Do list.

But anyway the only thing I could translate to spanish is the briefing notes and some hints (is it really a must to translate a countdown? amos hombre), as all the sidemissions texts are dynamic.

Hi, barbolani. Is it possible to migrate from in-game server to a dedicated one without loosing the save?

Edit:

Tried it and I can not load the persistent save after migration.
I've already asked you, where is the persistent save stored, but you've just said that it is linked to the profile name.
So, Can I change profile name of the server? Or is there any other solution?

Edit 2:

By the way, the performace increase was epic.

Hi!

Can't tell you. I have never done it, only from SP to MP hosted and I had nothing to do, it was automatical.

I have been trying to make roadblocks, I press Y, go to build, click the place on the map, and nothing happens.

A truck full of AT guys spawns at my HQ, but never moves, and it keeps saying please wait until current roadblock is finished before making another.

Great mission by the way, it's really fun.

Hi!

Can't tell you. I have never done it, only from SP to MP hosted and I had nothing to do, it was automatical.

Can you tell me then, which persistent save script do you use for this mission? Maybe I'll be able to find a solution with that information.

And maybe I'll try to unpbo antistasi and look through the scripts. Not sure my java development skills would help greatly, though:)

Also having another issue, in the inventory at HQ, I have 10 olive backpacks (double checked to make sure there is 10) and they have been in there for a while, they still haven't been added to the arsenal. The only backpack in the arsenal is just the urban carryall.

Hola megusta90,

I recenlty discovered a bug in the backpacks which will probably solve your issues. Next release.

About roadblocks: you must use the HC mode (CTRL+SPACE) to command them to go to the RB place. If they don't obey, you can control AI their leader.

To know more how to do that, check the video tutorials.

@nazarovtr: the script is "Addon free Stat Save System" by zooloo75, with a heavy adaptation for Antistasi variables + a fix for allowing save in dedi.

hi would it be ok if i port you mission to a different island? we are playing this mission a lot and a new place to play would be nice

@ice Age:

Antistasi can be easily ported to another island. You only need to change the zone arrays in initZones.sqf and create markers in the new islands. If you know well the island, It can be done in 30 minutes

@megusta90: asset reconstruction. CHECK the tutoríals

This mission sounds great but it doesn't seem to work good on my ArmA. I want to use it in SP only, so I've installed the pbo inside the Missions folder, but :

1/ Every time I make a persistent save, then load it back (by restarting the mission - by the way you should deactivate saving if it doesn't work properly), my personal weapons and a lot of my stuff disappear.

2/ The Undercover mode doesn't work. I press Y then Undercover in underwear, and it stills off :) (even with just my default uniform, without anything in my inventory).

I have ACE3, CBA, Blastcore:Phoenix, ShackTactical stuff, DragonFyre and AllInArmaTerrainPack.

This mission sounds great but it doesn't seem to work good on my ArmA. I want to use it in SP only, so I've installed the pbo inside the Missions folder, but :

1/ Every time I make a persistent save, then load it back (by restarting the mission - by the way you should deactivate saving if it doesn't work properly), my personal weapons and a lot of my stuff disappear.

2/ The Undercover mode doesn't work. I press Y then Undercover in underwear, and it stills off :) (even with just my default uniform, without anything in my inventory).

I have ACE3, CBA, Blastcore:Phoenix, ShackTactical stuff, DragonFyre and AllInArmaTerrainPack.

Hi!

1. No. Everything is in the HQ Ammobox if it's not in the arsenal already.

2. What message appears? The system should inform you why you cannot become undercover. Being in underwear won't allow you to become undercover (is something very noiceable) you have to wear a civilian uniform.

Are Headless clients supported?

1. No ATM.

1/ Oops, sorry about that :)

2/ It always shows the message that I need to not have any visible weapons, remove my helmet, and not have a military uniform. It's always the same message, whatever things I'm wearing. Did you mean that the default outfit (named "guerilla something") is considered a military uniform and won't be recognized as a civilian one ?