barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

Hi michael,

Vanilla saves work... until they don't. In normal situations you described perfectly the issues (plus some others very hard to be seen by the player) but sometimes game breaks. Some SP players use vanilla for in field saving and Persistent for everytime they reach HQ.

@heroes: you described it perfectly, restart mission no matter the envioronment and then Load.

• Like 2

Hey barbolani, 

Thanks for clearing that up! I had a sneaking suspicion that there might be unforeseen issues being caused by vanilla saves. I think I'll also be reserving vanilla saves for field work and the persistent saves for returning to HQ and at the end of a session of playing.

You've created an excellent scenario here, by the way. Very complex. 

• Like 1

Wow it's been a while! Haven't played Arma in months but decided I had the itch again and of course went straight for this scenario. 

Glad to see it improving and growing. Lot of awesome changes since I last played. Keep up the great work! That said, a lot has changed and I almost feel like a noob again. Which means, I have some questions :)

First off, the Arsenal. I don't know what this is or what it does or what it's supposed to do, but it seems broken. I'm having a lot of issues with things disappearing from my ammobox. Often it's things like ammo, medkits etc but often it's other things. For example yesterday I had about 10 green carryalls I'd been collecting, and suddenly they were just gone. And just now, I had scavanged a Lynx 12.7mm sniper rifle from a sniper, put it in my truck and took it back home, emptied vehicle cargo to ammobox and boom.. Lynx is just gone. No longer in the ammo box. Turns out it's now in the Arsenal for some reason. Why are some guns being put in the Arsenal and others aren't? I have now stockpiled about 15 different weapons in the ammobox but only the Lynx and a DLC gun went to the Arsenal instead.

All that said, I have to agree with Swoop, I don't get this Arsenal, how it works, and it seems glitchy and complicated. I'd rather have the old way of manually fitting out AI squad members and having my ammobox keep everything I put in it, rather than have a half-functioning Arsenal that sometimes works and sometimes just makes things disappear (I had on a green carryall and entered the arsenal and it vanished). Please consider removing this.

Other than that, the only suggestion/request I can make is to limit the number of Sniper teams roaming around the countryside. There are far too many, and each one is more than capable of wiping out entire squads of FIA troops (my own squad included). So, so many times I'll attack a target and end up having one, sometimes two or THREE sniper teams from the nearby area all converge and start firing at me as they are drawn by gunfire.

Oh, another thing, I've noticed AAF soldiers like to get in vehicles and then sit there when they engage in combat. Occasionally they'll actually drive somewhere -- usually towards me if I engage them from a distance, and then they'll retreat and get in a random civilian car and drive close to me -- but they never actually get out of the vehicle. They just sit there waiting to be shot in the head.

Thanks again for the great scenario and keeping it going and growing. But again please consider removing the Arsenal as it's a major headache and complication. ;)

Hi michael,

Vanilla saves work... until they don't. In normal situations you described perfectly the issues (plus some others very hard to be seen by the player) but sometimes game breaks. Some SP players use vanilla for in field saving and Persistent for everytime they reach HQ.

@heroes: you described it perfectly, restart mission no matter the envioronment and then Load.

Thanks Barbolani. When you say "some players use vanilla for in field saving and Persistent for every time they reach HQ," are you saying that is an ok thing to do? I'm fine with that actually. It seems like a fair compromise.

Basically, what I'm asking is: Let's say I've geared up and traveled 2KM to my objective. Am I allowed to use vanilla save/load temporarily just to load with incase I die as long as I use Persistent when I get back to base and use Persistent the next time I load the game?

Wow it's been a while! Haven't played Arma in months but decided I had the itch again and of course went straight for this scenario.

Glad to see it improving and growing. Lot of awesome changes since I last played. Keep up the great work! That said, a lot has changed and I almost feel like a noob again. Which means, I have some questions :)

First off, the Arsenal. I don't know what this is or what it does or what it's supposed to do, but it seems broken. I'm having a lot of issues with things disappearing from my ammobox. Often it's things like ammo, medkits etc but often it's other things. For example yesterday I had about 10 green carryalls I'd been collecting, and suddenly they were just gone. And just now, I had scavanged a Lynx 12.7mm sniper rifle from a sniper, put it in my truck and took it back home, emptied vehicle cargo to ammobox and boom.. Lynx is just gone. No longer in the ammo box. Turns out it's now in the Arsenal for some reason. Why are some guns being put in the Arsenal and others aren't? I have now stockpiled about 15 different weapons in the ammobox but only the Lynx and a DLC gun went to the Arsenal instead.

All that said, I have to agree with Swoop, I don't get this Arsenal, how it works, and it seems glitchy and complicated. I'd rather have the old way of manually fitting out AI squad members and having my ammobox keep everything I put in it, rather than have a half-functioning Arsenal that sometimes works and sometimes just makes things disappear (I had on a green carryall and entered the arsenal and it vanished). Please consider removing this.

Other than that, the only suggestion/request I can make is to limit the number of Sniper teams roaming around the countryside. There are far too many, and each one is more than capable of wiping out entire squads of FIA troops (my own squad included). So, so many times I'll attack a target and end up having one, sometimes two or THREE sniper teams from the nearby area all converge and start firing at me as they are drawn by gunfire.

Thanks again for the great scenario and keeping it going and growing. But again please consider removing the Arsenal as it's a major headache and complication. ;)

The way I understand it is your recruited AI units only get armed from the aresenal.

Think of it this way: You have an ammobox full of stuff but not necessarily enough to outfit a large squad. What Barbolani seems to have done is reward us with unlimited aresenal gear (for us and our recruits) as long as we collect enough out in the field.

To put it more literally, let's say you find 9 of a certain rifle out in the field. All of them you put in your ammobox. But notice how your recruits never use any of it. Once you reach 10, the game will transfer that item from your ammobox to your aresenal. It's at that point your recruits will begin spawning with that new rifle. And from that point on, we have that rifle in an unlimited form for forever.

Is that making sense? He uses the arsenal as an unlimited supply box to gear us and our recruits up with. In the ammobox alone, you can run out. The items are perishable. But the aresenal is unlimited and that's ultimately where you want all of your gear to be. But you need to scavenge to get that reward.

I think the numbers are 10 for guns and 30 for ammo/items.

The way I understand it is your recruited AI units only get armed from the aresenal.

Think of it this way: You have an ammobox full of stuff but not necessarily enough to outfit a large squad. What Barbolani seems to have done is reward us with unlimited aresenal gear (for us and our recruits) as long as we collect enough out in the field.

To put it more literally, let's say you find 9 of a certain rifle out in the field. All of them you put in your ammobox. But notice how your recruits never use any of it. Once you reach 10, the game will transfer that item from your ammobox to your aresenal. It's at that point your recruits will begin spawning with that new rifle. And from that point on, we have that rifle in an unlimited form for forever.

Is that making sense? He uses the arsenal as an unlimited supply box to gear us and our recruits up with. In the ammobox alone, you can run out. The items are perishable. But the aresenal is unlimited and that's ultimately where you want all of your gear to be. But you need to scavenge to get that reward.

I think the numbers are 10 for guns and 30 for ammo/items.

Well then I know for a fact this isn't working right. In my post I mentioned finding a Lynx 12.7mm Sniper Rifle. It was the very first of this weapon I looted in my game. I had never found another before. But when it got put into my ammobox it ended up in the Arsenal instead and now my soldiers are being armed with them. Also the same goes for M14 marksman rifle. I found like 2 of them (from NATO ammo drops) and it got put in the arsenal. Which is actually kind of shitty because it's a DLC gun and I don't have the DLC. Lots of these DLC guns showing up in fact.

But anyway yeah the Arsenal isn't working like that for me. Another example is I just put a PCML into the ammobox from a truck. It was the 2nd I looted, and then both disappeared, along with the 30 or so PCML missiles I'd gathered. Now when I go into the Arsenal to select a PCML it only gives me 1 extra ammo and I can't see how I can get more of this ammo, but it's all gone from my box.

Well then I know for a fact this isn't working right. In my post I mentioned finding a Lynx 12.7mm Sniper Rifle. It was the very first of this weapon I looted in my game. I had never found another before. But when it got put into my ammobox it ended up in the Arsenal instead and now my soldiers are being armed with them. Also the same goes for M14 marksman rifle. I found like 2 of them (from NATO ammo drops) and it got put in the arsenal. Which is actually kind of shitty because it's a DLC gun and I don't have the DLC. Lots of these DLC guns showing up in fact.

But anyway yeah the Arsenal isn't working like that for me. Another example is I just put a PCML into the ammobox from a truck. It was the 2nd I looted, and then both disappeared, along with the 30 or so PCML missiles I'd gathered. Now when I go into the Arsenal to select a PCML it only gives me 1 extra ammo and I can't see how I can get more of this ammo, but it's all gone from my box.

First off, let me just say I don't know the exact number of items needed to get auto-assigned to the arsenal. He very well could have assigned a lower number for certain weapons. I'm not sure.

Secondly, I don't have the DLC either and I really hope I can avoid ever having them in either my ammobox or especially my arsenal. $45 for this DLC is outrageous and getting spammed in game with messages is stupid. Hopefully just not picking those items is enough to avoid this.

Lastly, about the items disappearing, I encourage to ask him over on Steam Workshop. That sounds like a bug to me. Barbolani rarely posts here so you may have better luck getting clarification on that over on Steam.

Hiya!

zvero please confirm at 100% you do not have those Lynx in the Arsenal.

What happened is probably you started with some of them in your Ammobox plus, you collected some more, they became unlocked to the arsenal.

Also you may check it just hiring some grunts, you will see some of them with that rifle too.

Anyway, I am finding the tutorials I recorded the last week are extremely useful to the players, so my suggestion is go there and spend some time in the topics listed on the begining (or to all, if it's your first time in Antistasi and you are patient enough)

Hiya!

zvero please confirm at 100% you do not have those Lynx in the Arsenal.

What happened is probably you started with some of them in your Ammobox plus, you collected some more, they became unlocked to the arsenal.

I'm 100% sure, because I specifically wanted to get a Lynx from the start of the game but didn't have any. So when I finally picked one up, I put it in my truck and went right back to base. Offloaded everything from the truck to the ammobox... and I never saw it again. Until I checked the Arsenal that is.

Also you may check it just hiring some grunts, you will see some of them with that rifle too.

Anyway, I am finding the tutorials I recorded the last week are extremely useful to the players, so my suggestion is go there and spend some time in the topics listed on the begining (or to all, if it's your first time in Antistasi and you are patient enough)

I definitely did, there was just a couple of things I didn't quite get, namely the Arsenal. You said in the video that it's a script-a-majig made by someone else and to go check it out elsewhere. But I couldn't find any part that really explained how/when/why guns get put in Arsenal. I know that AI, especially AI squads, will pick up weapons from the Arsenal. Since my Lynx was the first weapon (after PDW) in my Arsenal I had lots of AI spawn with it. Which was kind of interesting.

IN OTHER NEWS I have encountered another bug (I think it's a bug). When I take direct control of AI squads (not my own squad members), if I go near and look at the Ammobox it immediately forces me back into my character. 

It's probably intentional not to allow us to touch the ammobox with AI teammates. Probably to keep us scavenging for gear and spending money upgrading our unit's overall ability.

There's a rearm command in the Y menu I believe.

nono, the reason (you will laugh) is: as the AI control gets cancelled when the original player or the controlled AI gets damage (to avoid death when that happens), you are getting close to the campfire, and it does a very very small amount of damage, enough to trigger that.

Turn off the campfire and you will see :)

• Like 1

Started to play this again, have loaded it on my server, seems to be running fine,

Wasn`t there a option for a databse save (indibi2)  or was that a different mod :)

If not ,Where does it save users progress to 

Thanks

Hi!

It gets stored in a file related to your profile.

• Like 1

Hey Barbolani, great mission man! I have a question about use with Taskforce Radio. After resuming a save game, Taskforce doesnt initialize again. Any idea how to get it to start again? Thanks!

No, you just destroy them.

If you want roadblocks, you can BUILD THEM!!!

• Like 1

@tayder: Don't load a vanilla save. Please take your time to watch to the Game Options section in the video tutorials.

About ZBE: Of course Antistasi has an own developed cache script with a very different approach. Using ZBE will lead for sure to conflicts. Indeed if I used ZBE's approach to build Antistasi, mission would be unplayable, as we have around 200 zones + patrolling units, if I had allways running the group leaders of each zone, it would be like 500 AI at a time.

What really amazes me is knowing DUWS needed that....

Hello everyone!

I am pleased to publish current version 0.17 Alpha with a few very original improvements (NAPALM and CLUSTER Bomb Runs and Guard Dogs) No mods required :)

Have fun!

• Like 1

This is coop8, if I was to increase it to 20-30 max players would it be ill advised due to balance reasons?

btw there are some issues.

1) Any player who joined the server had option to "Resume/load previous session".

This feature should be exclusively to server admin only imo.

2)The nights are like the dark pits of hell.Maybe a different setting for moonlight? (suggestion)

3)We are using ACE ..but here isn't any ACE wounding system that allows *more considerable damage to be taken.

We are getting literally 1 shoted ..and i believe ACE allowing far more tolerance to wounds-provided there are no headshots.

(unless you make them aimboting us :D  )

4) (suggestion) an ACE revive system (following previous topic) would have been nice.

*added*

5) Already from previous "Antistasi" versions the enemy mini-patrols was WAY-too random

..and i understand this won't be easy to achieve but..

Probably i wont going to find random *pairs of enemies wandering aimlessly on a mountain or an empty

field.

I really want to see way less enemies (maybe 10% probability per Km) on non-strategic points.

=================================

All the above with utmost respect for your work.

With previous versions we had a good full-2 weeks-everyday-campaign with the team ;)

Hi!

@alexcrook: Don't understand well your post. The title says CO8, but I think the lobby allows like 30 players(I initially thought about 8 but after I've seen the game can go well with more)

@giorgygr:

1. Game is asking to load their PERSONAL stats, which is their rank, personal money and some clothing.

2. Vanilla nights. When the moon hides, yes, very dark. You can allways skip time in the fireplace. I personally enjoy playing with that and with just flashlights if AAF is in the same situation. 

3. I assume you use ACE medical system and it works well. I haven't touched anything about damage tolerance except if you use my revive and disable ACE. So it's vanilla damage. The AAF skillset is a very tested one, but of course everything depends on the general AAF skill. Maybe I will nerf them more on lower levels.

4. ACE revive should work if configured with the right params. Just unpbo the mission and add it!

5. Small patrols are generated: in cities or in any other strategic zone (outposts, factories, bases, airports etc..) patrolling the surroundings. I think it's something realistic. In very crowded zones (Kavala, central island) you will find a lot of them, but in normal situations, they won't be that much.

• Like 1

Hi man, first, Thanks a lot for this amazing work, A3-aa is one of my most favorite user mission, hope you and this great job will be better and better.

Well, I just report two bugs(if they are bugs :P ):

1. When I restart mission and load pre-session settings, a strange thing happened: I, Petros, and the flag, ammobox, map board are all be transfer to the bottom left of the map in the sea...
  2. May be this bug is the reason of the previous one. It often happened when I moved hq to another place, and when I far away from hq and return to hq, Petros is missing...  

Hi!

It seems BIS has made some mistake in the last game update and it's affecting heavily Antistasi.

I reported the issue and it seems they are on it.

When it gets solved, try again and we will see.