barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

First of all thanks for this awesome game great work. I have one problem I'm playing the game in SP mode but when i try to conquer a large base or airport after i have taken it over and try to save the game when i come to load the save game again it won't load gets stuck on the loading part and save game is like 150mb+ large any idea how to fix this.

I have same problem, is issues with some scripts stacking massive amounts of errors. So I started to depend solely on doing Persistent Save - from the Map at your HQ. Go and Persistent Save any time you want (remember it erases your equipment and recruited squads so anything you want to save, make sure it is in your HQ crate), then, when you want to load, RESTART the scenario and when it asks, choose to Persistent Load.

Hi! I was going to say the opposite, but if it works that way, lol.

Just a sidenote: When you save it stores in the money pool the cost of the recruited troops on map. It stores in your box your current weapons and items.

So you dont have to wait and dismiss troops and leave your weapons in box.

Just a sidenote: When you save it stores in the money pool the cost of the recruited troops on map. It stores in your box your current weapons and items.

Oh sweet, I forgot about that. What about equipment from AI squadmates?

Hi! what was the other way.

A problem: Requesting NATO CAS Support via Y-Menu starts a Rescue mission...

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 ----------

Sooo I just lost about 2-3 hours of progress because I got "trapped" as an AI squad leader.

I remote controlled his squad, and then remote controlled one of the other members of his squad. When the first timer ran out, I was put back into AI squad leader, with no countdown and no options to return control to AI or anything. Stavros is now controlled by AI........

The kind of thing I hadnt expected. Double AI control. Will correct it on next patch. You shouldnt be able to pass from the squad leader.

Love latest updates, thanks!

One thing, I Rested for 8 hours using the fireplace, when I woke up i'd earned over $350,000 during the 8 hours. Seems a bit much? Unless you want to offer stuff like vehicles and tanks for a lot of money.. ;)

Is the same money you would earn "normal playing" for 8 hours. Bad news is AAF probably earnt a lot more and had the chance to buy tanks, helis etc. you destroyed.

How does that work btw? Where do these tanks and things show up? Only in CAs or will these spawn at bases etc when I go near?

AAF has a "stock" of tanks, planes, apcs etc... If you destroy all their stock, and they lack of resources to buy new vehicles, CAs will consist on basic vehicles, such as cars, trucks, transport choppers etc.. Base vehicle spawn will be affected too.

Hi, Barbolani. Thanks for making this mission, it was exactly what I hoped someone would eventually make.

Question: for my personal modification of the mission, would it be incredibly difficult for me to switch out the FIA for another faction of my choosing? (No offense, it's just that I like tinkering with the Virtual Armory and create some cool looking guerillas I'd love to use). CSAT/NATO/3rd Party Faction (like CAF aggressors or whatever).

Honestly, I wouldn't bother if I could simply use the headgear I selected in the Armory. The mission adamantly spawns me as Mr. Black Beret Guy.

Thanks!

Adding things like CAF agressors is not difficult but requires a lot of time.

The easy part is the players.

Harder: all the recruitable units, their costs etc.. If the faction is game engine west faction, no problem, if not, impossible.

The bad news, as most of the logistics part rely on steal weapons from enemy, it has no real sense having your cool AK47 for just ten minutes. You would have to script the loadout of every spawned enemy which may lead to performance issues.

Honestly, I think this kind of ambience mods add a little in change of a lot issues to solve.

When this mission is 1.0 Ill think on making special editions for this kind of mods. Atm it would be a hell, as I would have to check any bugfix,new feature etc.. In every version....

Thanks!

Honestly, I think this kind of ambience mods add a little in change of a lot issues to solve.

When this mission is 1.0 Ill think on making special editions for this kind of mods. Atm it would be a hell, as I would have to check any bugfix,new feature etc.. In every version....

You're right. What I think I'll do is simply add a Virtual Ammo Box... script... somewhere. That way I can play Man-Barbie and dress up Stavros however I like. And again, I really appreciate you making this mission. :)

lol, this way you solve everything player related. But, you will loose an important part of the game: make your life to have enough ammo and weapons, as you are "cheating" with unlimited weapons...

Yeah, definitely have to exercise willpower! haha

Hello, i have a massive problem with this mission.

First of all, amazing mission. The best one i have played in any arma game. The problem is that when i play for like 20 mins conquering territories, suddenly i cant anymore open the Y menu or take down flags, i can not save the game too. It is mission-breaking glitch, that has happened so many times when i take territories it drives me crazy. It is impossible to play. I am using persistent save too all the time.

Right now, while i am writing this, i have my arma 3 open and i took like 4 or so territories and the stupid glitch occured again, and once i quit the game i will have to take them again because i cant f save the game now. Any way to fix this really fast?

Nikssims,

I assume you play in SP.

In Game Options, on map HQ, you have an option to restore the Y key.

The flag thing is unknown to me. Been playing the whole day on SP with no problem on this. The action appears on the zone flags?

I think my game is broken. I haven't had one of those ten-minute interval income/event ticks in days - the ones where you get a certain amount of money and HR and etc, and sometimes missions or AAF attacks happen. I played for over 2 hours yesterday and none occurred. Also this means cities will not switch sides despite having outrageous FIA support. And AAF won't ever launch counter-attacks. No idea what caused it or when exactly it occurred, I just suddenly realized it's been a long, long time since I've seen it.

Having or not tax income is a way to measure the "health" of Antistasi scripting.

There was a version, around three or four past, which had a bug on SP with this, check if you have the latest version, cause probably an update will solve that.

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

Btw: please report any issue with saves and persistent saves, as it seems latest Arma patch broke them!

Nikssims,

I assume you play in SP.

In Game Options, on map HQ, you have an option to restore the Y key.

The flag thing is unknown to me. Been playing the whole day on SP with no problem on this. The action appears on the zone flags?

Could you please explain this more detailed? You mean the main hq flagpole?

Also another thing i found out. I played for around 30 mins, conquered few territories. Made presistent save and then i went on to conquer more territories and once again i made presistent save. But now when i loaded my game up using the restore session thing. I have only the progress and captured cities that i conquered after making the first save. The second presistent save does not save the game it seems. This occured i think 2-3 times to me already.

Also, just to add. I have not had this much fun in any arma game. Thank you for this amazing mission!

Hi all,

Looks like a great mod, I have a problem, after spawning in game I approach the flag and recruit a few ai soldiers. Then i purchase a vehicle(truck) and it disappears after about 5 seconds.

any suggetions how i fix this ?

@Nikssims:

About the Y key: go to the map in your HQ, use action menu "Game Options", some button (cant remember the text exactly) will reactivate the Y key.

You reported you couldnt take down flags: I need more detail. Flag appears? "Take the Flag" action appears? The action appears but, works?

About your persistent save thing, I cant reproduce the error, everytime I use this option, I can restart and make a persistent load with no problem. If there is something failing in your game, is not the save system, do you see another weird behaviour?

@remus: I'm afraid you are using a very old version. Use the steam or dropbox one.

Love this mission but how do I edit it (for personal use) to change the enemy type and weapons available to buy?

Love this mission but how do I edit it (for personal use) to change the enemy type and weapons available to buy?

ATM there is no support for other enemies tan AAF and CSAT