barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

I am NOT asking YOU to comment on my request to someone else. Better learn to shut your mouth off from others.

LoL....whatever troll (3 posts and you're already making unnecessary complaints/comments?)....I'm sure everyone else agrees with pepe along with myself. Learn to be a bit more appreciate and a little less "bitchy." Your comments will gain you no respect

• Like 1

suggestion:

possible to use certain vehicles during undercover? like civ cars/trucks? quads maybe...

It's how it works nowdays. If you drop equipment but get in a tank, that's everything but undercover :)

Condition: no vest, no weapons in hand, enemy far from x meters, on foot or no mil vehicle.

It's how it works nowdays. If you drop equipment but get in a tank, that's everything but undercover :)

Condition: no vest, no weapons in hand, enemy far from x meters, on foot or no mil vehicle.

I'll try to download the latest version again, but last night i was playing and when i got into a CIV sportscar, it stated i was no longer undercover. Same with a quad (which maybe a quad i can understand) But i'll keep you posted

I'll try to download the latest version again, but last night i was playing and when i got into a CIV sportscar, it stated i was no longer undercover. Same with a quad (which maybe a quad i can understand) But i'll keep you posted

YES you are true. Corrected on next release!!! Give me a few minutes!

YES you are true. Corrected on next release!!! Give me a few minutes!

Cool, thanks! :)

Last night i encountered the following issue.... placed HQ near a power plant (approx 2 km). Conquered the Power plant. After that HQ starts spawning friendly AI and Trucks like hell.

First i was wondering why fps were dropping from 60-40fps down to 25-12 fps. But when i came back to HQ i had a warm welcome. 50-80 FIA AI Soldiers and around 10 Trucks were spawned at HQ.

Guess this is not intended, right ?

Mission is running on a full dedicated server. (Will test it tonight completely vanilla).

No, not intended :(

Once you conquer a zone, HQ sends troops there to reinforce the zone. But should be the same number of troops which would garrison it normally.

There are certain situations on which the reinforcing troops will not despawn and garrison troops will despawn. But anyway, as soon as you leave the place and HQ is 1km away everything should despawn.

Hey, I really love this scenario. This is literally the most fun I've had playing Arma 3. So thanks!

Now, like most people I've had problems with Steam Arma 3 not detecting save files and not letting me Resume my games. But I found a work-around for this.

Go to C:\Users\User\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[your profile name]\Saved\steam\[sp%2fco8]%20a3%20-%20antistasi%20altis.altis

This is where savefiles for this Scenario are saved (yours may differ for some reason). Note there is also a regular "Arma 3" directory in My Documents, but you want to make sure you have "Arma 3 - Other Profiles".

Make a backup copy of your latest save file and save it somewhere else on your computer (like your desktop). Note, after saving 6 times in a mission, subsequent saves will over-write the original 6 (and doing this seems to be what triggers Arma 3 being unable to detect your saves). If you're not sure which is your latest save file (it won't necessarily be #6, it'll depend how many times exactly you saved), look at the "Date Modified" field of each and copy the most recent.

So now you should have a backed up copy of the file somewhere. Next time you launch Arma 3, if you can't Resume this Scenario, just start a new one. Once you get in-game, alt-tab and put the backed up savefile back in the Antistasi save folder. Then when you alt-tab back to the game, you can go to the Escape menu and load that save.

I hope this helps!

Edited by zverofaust
Clarified

Great mission but I have some opinions:

Autosave after predefined intervals? Every 5 minutes etc.

Could you make versions compatible with CSE and Task Force Radio?

Parameters to select starting mission time and weather

Parameter to disable ai recruiting and more player slots, maybe 64 (mainly for dedicated servers)

Thank you!

Some new issues seemed to crop up today:

- After playing a few hours, framerate dropped significantly, from 40+ to 10 FPS and less. It seemed to trigger when I attacked the radio tower nearest Oldymos (near Ekali). I didn't take it, just attacked it to raid supply box, but afterwards framerate was much much lower. Save file size also doubled, a save I had before the attack is 25mb, while a save just 15 minutes later is 55mb. EDIT: This also happened at the AAF base south of Zaros. Until I got within about 1km of the base everything was fine, then the closer I got to it the more my FPS dropped until finally it was under 10 FPS by the time I killed all the troops inside. I saved at the top, but found I couldn't load that save file anymore, Arma just hanged on loadscreen indefinitely. Strangely this seemed to also affect the game in other ways other than FPS drop; example, calling artillery support either lagged *heavily* (having to wait 5-10 seconds until the next communication step) or simply didn't work at all (I'd get as far as 0-8, select artillery, select HE, then nothing else would pop up), also the "sprinkle" effect on the text telling me my income and manpower gains every 10 minutes started to slow down significantly. Usually it takes like 2 seconds for the text to "sprinkle" in, and then 2 seconds to "sprinkle" out, with the little beeps, but now it takes 1 second per beep, so like 20 seconds for the text to appear/disappear.

- At the powerplant outside Penagia, AAF Patrol Striders are just parked near the flag. 3 of them there, with their infantry disembarked, standing there.

- Occasionally getting problems with my view in first person, non-aimed/non-scoped is permanently fully zoomed. Usually switching weapons fixes it, but sometimes it doesn't and I have to get into a vehicle or something.

Edited by zverofaust

- Occasionally getting problems with my view in first person, non-aimed/non-scoped is permanently fully zoomed. Usually switching weapons fixes it, but sometimes it doesn't and I have to get into a vehicle or something.

I've had this happen in ARMA, not related to this mission though (and personally cant see how it would be a missions fault). The fix is to use the ZOOM IN key (usually + on numpad). Try hitting that a couple times along with the "-" key and it should zoom you back out. i think its just an ARAM thing there using the keys causes it to get stuck in zoom mode.

Great mission but I have some opinions:

Autosave after predefined intervals? Every 5 minutes etc.

Could you make versions compatible with CSE and Task Force Radio?

Parameters to select starting mission time and weather

Parameter to disable ai recruiting and more player slots, maybe 64 (mainly for dedicated servers)

Thank you!

Had to remove the autosave every 10 minutes because I received a lot of meesages asking for it. It is impossible to have everyone happy with this :)

Makes sense for me, when I have a stable version, to go for more players after performance testing, and, script a limit to AI recruitment depending on the count of present players

About mods: as Im currentñy focused on stabilising (very close) I cannot make proper tests with mods. In theory, things like TFR should work with no problem.

I ve seen players with mods with slight failures that I currently cannot attend, maybe in future I will make a mod compatibility matrix for the mission. But first is make it fun in vanilla.

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

Zverofaust: performance and fps hasnt been an issue generally speaking. Game spawns no more than arund 200 units plus the ones you recruit, on standard config.

Please note the most unit spawning are civilian side and under Game Options you have tools to put a limit on that.

Maybe there was some script error that flooded your pc, do you have access to your .rpt and may check that if you see something weird? Youll find some UPSMon errors but they are not an issue ATM

Maybe there was some script error that flooded your pc, do you have access to your .rpt and may check that if you see something weird? Youll find some UPSMon errors but they are not an issue ATM

Yes, all my .rpt files are flooded with:

8:42:57 Error in expression <alues,_selectedValue];

_unsortedArray set [_selectedIndex,_removeElement];

_un>

8:42:57 Error position: <set [_selectedIndex,_removeElement];

_un>

8:42:57 Error Type Any, expected Number

8:42:58 Error in expression <alues,_selectedValue];

This error message is being spammed 50-100 times per second according to the timestamps in the RPT file. One of my RPT files is in fact 320mb in size, and has over 10,000,000 lines of this error!!! See here: http://puu.sh/fCqbT/29f04c1b42.png

I won't pretend to know anything about the technical side of this, but I do know that 3 days ago I was playing on ULTRA HIGH graphics settings with 40+ FPS. Now I get under 10 FPS on MEDIUM graphics settings any time I go anywhere close to a base, outpost, airfield etc.

Yes, all my .rpt files are flooded with:

8:42:57 Error in expression <alues,_selectedValue];

_unsortedArray set [_selectedIndex,_removeElement];

_un>

8:42:57 Error position: <set [_selectedIndex,_removeElement];

_un>

8:42:57 Error Type Any, expected Number

8:42:58 Error in expression <alues,_selectedValue];

This error message is being spammed 50-100 times per second according to the timestamps in the RPT file. One of my RPT files is in fact 320mb in size, and has over 10,000,000 lines of this error!!! See here: http://puu.sh/fCqbT/29f04c1b42.png

I won't pretend to know anything about the technical side of this, but I do know that 3 days ago I was playing on ULTRA HIGH graphics settings with 40+ FPS. Now I get under 10 FPS on MEDIUM graphics settings any time I go anywhere close to a base, outpost, airfield etc.

Thanks a lot for the effort, but I have a problem with this. I cannot identify which script is flooding your PC, my .rpt typically reports errors declaring which scripts and functions are failing. Probably that flood begins on one error on one script which is calling an Arma 3 premade function with wrong info. Need to see what script has done that and under what circumstances.

None of the RPT files that've been generated the past few days seem to have this issue anymore. Game framerate seems a bit better, but I haven't been pushing it either (stayed away from big bases).

However checking current RPT here is what I see:

_sortedArray set [count _sortedArray,_selectedItem];

_sortedValues set [count>

14:28:44 Error position: <_selectedItem];

_sortedValues set [count>

14:28:44 Error Undefined variable in expression: _selecteditem

14:28:44 File A3\functions_f\Arrays\fn_sortBy.sqf, line 131

According to timestamps this error is triggering around 100 times a second. I imagine this can't be good for my performance...

This actually seems to point towards a specific file? fn_sortBy.sqf? Hopefully that helps?

Other than that I get a lot of:

10:48:01 Warning Message: Picture images\crew_driver.paa not found

10:48:01 Warning Message: Picture images\crew_gunner.paa not found

10:48:01 Warning Message: Picture images\crew_commander.paa not found

10:48:01 Warning Message: Picture images\crew_cargo.paa not found

10:48:03 Warning Message: Picture images\crew_driver.paa not found

10:48:03 Warning Message: Picture images\crew_gunner.paa not found

10:48:03 Warning Message: Picture images\crew_commander.paa not found

10:48:03 Warning Message: Picture images\crew_cargo.paa not found

Which also happens in-game with pop-up errors. It's just mildly annoying, nothing serious.

Let me know if this is enough info, otherwise I can just pastebin entire RPT file. Hopefully.

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

Oh, and completely unrelated to the issues I'm having, I have some suggestions:

I think Striders are a little too common. On some roads a patrol will pass by every 60 seconds. In fact I don't even have time to take out the troops from 1 Strider patrol before another Strider shows up, and on and on and on again. Ontop of that, having a Strider at every roadblock.. yeah, they're very common.

That said, it would be cool if there was some variation in types of military vehicles driving around the roads of Altis, rather than just unarmed Striders. Like maybe some of them could actually be armed on occasion, to provide a bit more surprise challenge? And instead of Strider, maybe occasionally have a Zamak transport taking supplies to a base, so it has juicy loot inside, or maybe it has a full squad of troops instead, so it's a risk trying to capture one of these convoys.

Also, I just started a game, and the Roadblock at Chalkeia spawned twice in the same spot. Two flags, two MRAPs (which spawned inside each other and exploded) etc.

Also, could you possibly increase the radius for "Logistics" missions that we have to bring the truck to in the city? Right now it s like 5-10m only and sometimes the exact "center" of the city is in an odd place that is difficult to get close to, especially with a fragile truck that the slightest bump will immobilize. :)

Edited by zverofaust

Thanks!

Thats an Arma 3 function that has been called by another Arma 3 function that has been called from one of the mission scripts. So the first line of the main springroll should refer to one of the mission scripts.

About: 10:48:01 Warning Message: Picture images\crew_driver.paa not found no worries.

About patrols: what you are finding are roadpatrols, AAF supposes your position, and patrols in a certain area. Depending on the zones you own and where is your HQ, those patrols have more or less routes to do. Up to no route if you have just your HQ and placed it in a very very remote site. Your situation is that, probably patrols have two spots to patrol.

Regarding "variety" of patrols, well, it's just that, road patrols. AAF has other tools to search for you and destroy whatever.

The double spawning thing, should be very rare, letme know if for you is common.

BTW: did you said if you play vanilla or mods? If mods, which?

About mission radius, is under testing. Note that the radius must be valid when you place your HQ ANYWHERE on the map, so, giving more radius may cause players have to go far behind enemy lines and make missions extremely difficult.

Thanks!

Thats an Arma 3 function that has been called by another Arma 3 function that has been called from one of the mission scripts. So the first line of the main springroll should refer to one of the mission scripts.

I have no idea what this means. :( All I know is that getting close to Selakano AAF Base and Airbase seemed to trigger it to happen.

BTW: did you said if you play vanilla or mods? If mods, which?

Nope no mods, just vanilla.

About mission radius, is under testing. Note that the radius must be valid when you place your HQ ANYWHERE on the map, so, giving more radius may cause players have to go far behind enemy lines and make missions extremely difficult.

Oh I didn't mean the mission radius from the HQ, I meant the radius in which you have to get the truck very close to the town center marker in order to finish the Logistics mission. You have to get very close and sometimes the exact spot is in a bad place where you have to drive the truck through walls.

Btw I have a question, is there any difference between the different "classes" of AI squadmates, like skill etc? For example the "Marksman" spawns with a regular 5.56mm assault rifle with standard sights, so what makes him a "Marksman"? Are his shots more accurate than others? Is the Autorifleman better at using a LMG than other classes? Just wondering because I like doing smaller half-squad sizes, where like Engineer doubles as autorifle, Medic doubles as Grenadier etc. Wondering if they are able to use those weapons just as good as "dedicated" class.

Yes. Classes not only are different in equipment (Arma 3 vanilla equipment) they have a different skillset, marksman are more accurate, team leaders command better and detect better, and ammo bearers are worse on everything.

Same for AAF. Prioritise your targets!!

BTW new version, and hopefully very stable, on steam and dropbox.

Edited by barbolani

Saw new version, changelog sounds awesome! And thanks for info, guess I will get dedicated Autoriflemen and Grenadier instead :)

Couple more questions (I'm soooo sorry):

Why did you remove ability to remote control AI squad if enemies are near? This is a bad idea imho, Arma 3 AI is terrible, glitchy and prone to getting stuck in things or refusing to follow orders (medics refusing to heal, AT refusing to use AT weapons on tanks, entire squads refusing to move, etc). I really liked this feature Case in point, MY ENTIRE SQUAD IS STUCK. And there is a roadblock not very far away, and some CSAT soldiers with a traitor somewhere near by, that I must now kill on my own, to have any hope of unsticking these guys. PLEASE go back to how it was before!

Second, is there a way to position static guns after I buy them? Am I just stupid and can't figure it out? Every time I buy a static weapon (AA, AT etc) at a flag, it spawns behind me in a random (and usually useless) direction. I tried to disassemble it, but it just becomes "broken" and there's no options to reassemble it.

Edited by zverofaust

Saw new version, changelog sounds awesome! And thanks for info, guess I will get dedicated Autoriflemen and Grenadier instead :)

Couple more questions (I'm soooo sorry):

Why did you remove ability to remote control AI squad if enemies are near? This is a bad idea imho, Arma 3 AI is terrible, glitchy and prone to getting stuck in things or refusing to follow orders (medics refusing to heal, AT refusing to use AT weapons on tanks, entire squads refusing to move, etc). I really liked this feature Case in point, MY ENTIRE SQUAD IS STUCK. And there is a roadblock not very far away, and some CSAT soldiers with a traitor somewhere near by, that I must now kill on my own, to have any hope of unsticking these guys. PLEASE go back to how it was before!

Second, is there a way to position static guns after I buy them? Am I just stupid and can't figure it out? Every time I buy a static weapon (AA, AT etc) at a flag, it spawns behind me in a random (and usually useless) direction. I tried to disassemble it, but it just becomes "broken" and there's no options to reassemble it.

The main cause is I had to make invulnerable the units involved on the AI controlling: players unit and AI unit.

Because respawning while being under AI control gives a lot of issues regarding many other modules. So, to avoid exploits, I limited it to no enemy nearby.

Static guns positioning: vanilla way, disasemble, take the backpacks, asemble. On SP is a bit of work... maybe I'll script a repositioning system on singleplayer only.

Some feedback:

-Still getting enormously bloated RPT files filled with errors about fn_sortBy.sqf, and massive performance drops when I attack bases.

-Haven't seen any MRAPs road patrols lately (past few days). Did you remove them?

-Troops at "temporary" Outposts (that disappear when you kill them) usually aren't at outpost, instead they're at some random building nearby, hiding. This isn't always the case, for example the squad at Skopos (southern "island") patrols around normally, but the squads at Pyrsos and Amoni can usually only be found hiding in buildings several hundred meters from the outposts.

-The new UI info about NATO/CSAT support, money, HR etc disappears and won't come back after awhile. Someone mentioned it might be after dying/respawning?

-Had a captured zone come under attack, and it included some kind of artillery barrage, I think CSAT (there were other CSAT units attacking too). I successfully defeated the counter-attack, but the artillery barrage just kept coming.. literally 2 hours later, I went back to the zone, and it was still happening.

-On topic of artillery barrage, IMHO NATO artillery barrage of bases lasts too long. I find I have to sit there for too long a period waiting for it to stop, because if I try to go in to capture the base I usually get blown to pieces. Even NATO's own troops get blown up by it. It should be like 1/4 as long, if it should happen at all.

-Is it supposed to not show me what the target of an AAF attack is? I find it often frustrating when an attack happens and I have no idea the target. Yesterday I captured a Base, and an attack happened 5 minutes later, not against the base but against an airfield I'd captured hours ago. But I had no idea until it was already lost. Then I reloaded a save from just after I took the base, and again the attack happened, but this time targeting a Resource I'd taken hours earlier as well.

Edited by zverofaust

Thanks for all the feedback!

- I have some other reports on this error. The problem is the root cause is not shown in rpt, so, the only way to find it is to play it by myself and, as soon as I met the error probably will find whats happening. Probably that error comes from bases, but not really sure. To solve it, the mos suitable workaround is to persistant save, restart mission, persistent load. Should solve everything.

- No, patrols are there, a version published on 11/02 had a typa which made all the thing get lost. Yesterdays version should work fine.

- Will check that. They have the order to garrison in buildings, but if they go too far, has no sense.

- Yes, next version will have a radio trigger which will enable to restore it, until I find the definitive stable way.

- Will check the number of rounds on barrages. It is supposed to stop at 100 shots if you repell the CA.

- Weird, the barrages should stop when any blufor is less than 300 mts from the objective.

- Yes, you have the same limitation on knowing where the enemy will attack. Your advantage is, you get a task, you will receive info about the enemy upon contact, and you can establish Watchpost to check from where is coming.

- Will check that. They have the order to garrison in buildings, but if they go too far, has no sense.

I assume that the garrison in building is supposed to make them garrison their little bunker? If they are supposed to, I have never seen them do this. They either garrison some far-off building (up to 500 meters away) or patrol around the bunker.

- Weird, the barrages should stop when any blufor is less than 300 mts from the objective.

I know this used to happen, but I have seen it recently where it did not stop and I died right next to the flag :(

Anyway, other issues:

-On a couple of occasions now I have seen a "Objective Complete: Spot Enemy Tank" or similar appear, but no marker came up on the map, and as far as I know, the tank never actually appeared. This was when I had only one Zone so all my forces were concentrated in one area (where I was as well). This seemed to happen consistently after destroying the AAF Roadblock between Sofia and Delfinaki -- both times I did this, someone apparently spotted a tank, but it never showed up. One thing I did see though: A random trio of AAF vehicle crew hoofing it through the wilderness about a kilometre from anything.

-Also quite frequently (maybe 1/4 times), when I get a "Destroy Armor" mission, a few seconds after getting the mission I'll get a Success notification and rewards etc.

-I don't know if it's intentional or not: but when I place a FIA Roadblock, it will prompt an AAF attack. Unfortunately there's really not much an Offroad MG and a couple of troops can do against a major assault like that. It also seems odd that no matter where I place the Roadblock, could be in the middle of nowhere miles from any zones, they will attack it pretty quickly. I hope it's a bug :3

I tried them to garrison the bunker with no luck. But as some of them are in offices, stadium, etc.. is nice to see them using those buildings. I have to implement a check on nearby buildings in other way.

About the arty: weird, very weird, the only thing I can guess it may cause this is you were on undercover mode entering the base, and you were alone....

Those objectives you see exist really. They have been spotted by any friendly. You may have no LOS but they are there. The times you see them near a roadblock is because they have called for reinforcements on your attack, and they are coming...

The random trio: probably their vehicle got destroyed or damaged, they disembaked and followed their waypoints...

The destroy armor issue: can you tell me on which base? Vehicle spawning is not 100% bulletproof and sometimes they spawn where they shouldnt.

The last thing. No man, I dont hate the player :) Probably AAF was planning a CA and you placed it in their path. Put one far away from anything and you will see nothing happens.