barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

Arma - 3: Antistasi

A Dynamic Sandbox Mission for Resistance, SP, MP Coop and Infantry Lovers

the REAL Arma Experience

antistasi.jpg

Hello Everybody!

I am very pleased to publish my masterpiece.

In Arma - 3 Antistasi (Arma 3 - Resistance, from Greek) you play the role of Commander Stavros, fighter of the FIA forces, which becomes the leader of the attack ground forces in Altis.

The whole island is in AAF hands. Starting from scratch, you need to build up your forces, with a progression on logistics, manpower and weapons in order to conquer the island.

Focused on SP and Coop. This is a mission made to play with friends, clan training etc.. Just connect and play the way you want!

Mission features:

• Totally dynamic: missions, enemy and friendly assets, positions, etc..
  • Around 18 Type of Sidemissions, including convoys, defense, rescue, logistics and much more to come!
  • Theatre is all Altis: The whole island is your battlefield, decide tactically and strategically where to attack or defend.
  • Resistance logistics: You need to gather resources, on whatever way, to equip your squad. You will have to earn every single bullet. Load ammoboxes content to any truck. Unlock weapons from BIS Arsenal as you progress in your scavenging.
  • Civilian Support: There's a Civil War in Altis. Your actions will affect Civilian perception of your side, which affect to the territory you control, how many assets and manpower you receive and much more.
  • World Power Support: Each faction is searching for support from external parties (NATO and CSAT) to win the war. Achieve a nice support from NATO and you will be able to act in coordination with them.
  • Enemy AI Commander: AI reacts to your movements and manages their economy.
  • Friendly AI Management: Some functions which will make easier to deal with your AI squadmates.
  • Enemy Comms: Destroy Radio Towers in order to disturb enemy communications and make it more clumsy on it's response. Use them to intercept enemy communications.
  • Altis changes: Altis gets destroyed along the war.
  • AI Improvements: Some additions to AI, like using smoke for cover or while dismounting, surrendering, rappeling, paratrooping, use of fixed positions, airstrikes, NAPALM use and many more.
  • Undercover Operations: Same as a traditional Resistance Soldier, you have the possibility to be just one civilian more, get into the enemy zones and strike them in the back.
  • Persistent Savegame: You won't loose your game progression on mission updates.
  • Experience the typical "Arma Combined Arms Experience".
  • As random as possible: There are not two missions exactly the same. Anything may happen, anyway, anytime, anywhere.
  • Third Party Scripts: UPSMon (Kronzky, Monsada and Cool=Azroul13), Addon Free Stat Save System (zooloo75), Tags(Marker and Melbo).
  • INTEGRATED Optional Mods: TFAR, ACE3, RHS-AFRF. Integrated means the misión makes special use of those in order to give them more value than the one they already have. In other words Integrated > Compatible. But there is no MOD requirements.

Official Website:

http://www.a3antistasi.com/mod

There you may find all media resources, manual, download links, donation, Official Server info and much more!

Edited by barbolani
  • Like 18

Hi!

Yes, I will submit them ASAP. I had serious trouble on Dedi server which took me around 8 hours testing, at the end: it was the freaking bis introshot :)

Lots of new features implemented! POW Interrogation / recruitment, Radio Network which you can destroy / capture in order to disturb enemy counterattacks and much to come!!!!

Updated Steam version with Undercover Operations mode and a few small bugfixes.

Seems like it's going to be a really excellent mission but there are still some fairly major bugs at this point...

• units in group don't always respond after you die & respawn; also telling them to rejoin formation causes some to respond in a way that suggests they are joining a different group altogether. These may be bugs in the game itself but I'm fairly sure there are hacks/workarounds for these issues.
  • checking the status of a city...nothing happens.
  • trying fast travel causes un-closable map and at least some unresponsive keys; this may be due to me trying to use this feature to get back to HQ before I've captured any particular zones. Still, if that's not allowed, then the script/feature should handle it gracefully rather than effectively locking my game.
  • So far I've only tried this solo on a dedicated server instance so I've had control of Stavros. There was mention of getting side missions from the other main character but no indication of where he was or how to request side missions.
  • the first time I tried playing it, I dismantled (or whatever you call it) the HQ to move it to a new location...the other main character appeared on the map which was nice. Forgot to try getting side missions from him, though....mainly because I spent all my time in an unsuccessful attempt to figure out how to setup the HQ again. It'd be nice if you could make that process a little clearer.
  • Not at all clear how I take control of a city/town. I have pretty thoroughly cleared at least one town and its surroundings but...? There's some green "t" character overlaying the town name but can't check the city status (see above) and the overlay never changed color to, say, blue.
  • I tried using the "transfer vehicle cargo to inventory" feature but nothing seemed to happen.

At least some of the items I've listed may be the result of me not doing stuff "the right way" or of actual game engine issues....I really don't know. If things must be done a specific way, then perhaps the briefing/documentation could be made a little clearer. Overall, I did enjoy the mission although admittedly I didn't get very far along. Still, this looks to be a fun one so thanks for taking the time to create it and share it with the community!

Thanks zonker,

All those bugs (yes bugs, no game engine) are corrected. I had some challenge on development for Dedi Server + AI control + respawn + spawning system as I'm alone and I cannot check well lots of things.

The good news is: everything you list (and much more) has been corrected, plus lots of new features. Briefing has been extended too.

The other main character, Petros, is the AI officer beside the campfire. When you use the "Move HQ" option, Petros joins you, and you can rebuild your HQ using an action attached to Petros itself.

About Conquering, well, that was in briefing notes. Cities cannot be conquered. There is a Civil Support System in this mission. You cannot own a city if it's people hate you (at least hate you more than AAF). Other zones such as resources, powerplants, bases etc.. are "conquerable" and smaller zones just get deleted when you kill the garrison.

Edited by barbolani

Am I correct in thinking that when you say the issues are corrected, you're referring to the Steam Workshop version has been updated but the Armaholic-hosted version hasn't been updated yet? If so, do you have an estimated date for when the Armaholic-hosted version will be updated?

Also, when I selected the "Move HQ" option, I did finally see Petros...he was *really* far off, though. Nowhere near the initial campfire. In fact, if memory serves, he was over 5km away. Perhaps his spawn location has been corrected along with the other items, though.

Thanks again for sharing!

Tried the latest Steam version and....uhhhh....no.

• Game seems to autosave every few minutes;
  • Units still don't completely rejoin squad after you respawn...some of them ignore commands and if you tell the whole squad to move, the rest of the units move into formation near the bot that *isn't* responding and then the entire squad just stands there & waits for the entire bunch to move...which won't happen since the one bot ignores your commands;
  • Automatic battlefield cleanup means that units & their equipment occasionally get deleted as I'm scavenging their inventory;
  • Got some message about no longer being undercover. No idea why I lost undercover status, how to get it back (if I even can do that) or anything else.
  • Cleared the area around a city and a nearby "resource". I then waited a few minutes while scavenging ammo & equipment...no reinforcements/counterattack arrived. Great! Let's actually take down the flag at the resource. Within a minute or so I was attacked by two jets, at least one a helicopter, an armed UAV, at least two APCs, two tanks, multiple other vehicles, heavy mortar attacks... Hell, for all I know there may have been more but I decided to call it a night and just exited the game.

I REALLY like your work. Seems finally something has entered stage that i was really looking for.

First a questions :

- How do i enter undercover mode ?

Second two issues i've encountered :

- After spawning a squad i switched to HQ command mode. Then i recruit some units for myself. After the units are spawned, it was not possible to switch back to squad command mode.

- When moving / rebuilding the HQ there is no check for objects. Means that Petros spawns within a rock after HQ was rebuilt.

But for the rest.... keep on rocking. Great job. :)

Guys, I must hurry, take a plane in a few minutes. Undercover: see briefing, drop weapons and vest, no enemies close and should work.

Hi barbolani. Your mission looks great, and I'm looking forward to play it this weekend.

I do a lot of mission editing myself, but so far i've just been playing alone with my friends without publishing to steam workshop. I plan to release one in the nearest future, though!

Oh, and this is my very first forum post here. Your mission got my attention! Keep up the good work.

This is so awesome. Just started playing it yesterday and the concept is great. I've only looked briefly at your setup, but whats the possibilities of porting this to other maps and/or units? Would you consider giving instructions on doing so?

I can think of some great stuff in a Takastan (Or better yet the new WIP Afghan map!) environment where you play as Nato against Insurgents. Of course NATO can begin with a bit more strength and then carry on from there I am very interested in looking further into the mission and seeing how easily this can be done.

Thank you!

Hi there,

i have a question.. I have placed some friendly ambient units around the HQ. But inGame the disapear. Is there any kind of clean-up function / protection around the HQ included ?

Is it possible to disable / remove this ?

You add your friendlies via the editor or do you mean in game ?

Yes, just some simple units, running around. No special scripts.

They disapear when you move your HQ ?

No, added them around initial HQ loc. Units are not there after mission starts.

Are the radio towers marked on the map? I don't see any symbols for them.

Also, you should allow the user to save the game whenever they want when they're away from the base. Many times I die, reload the auto save and have to run halfway across the map to get to where ever it was that I died, try again to do whatever it was I was doing, only to die again and have to run back again. Gets old.

Are the radio towers marked on the map? I don't see any symbols for them.

Also, you should allow the user to save the game whenever they want when they're away from the base. Many times I die, reload the auto save and have to run halfway across the map to get to where ever it was that I died, try again to do whatever it was I was doing, only to die again and have to run back again. Gets old.

This has nothing to do with this mission. Its your game settings. I can save anytime i want. Most likely in your difficulty settings is set to not allow you to save.

Also the radio towers are probably spawned by the mission maker (Custom placed towers)

Hi there,

i have a question.. I have placed some friendly ambient units around the HQ. But inGame the disapear. Is there any kind of clean-up function / protection around the HQ included ?

Is it possible to disable / remove this ?

No, you cannot. Game cleans all map on init. Adding those would have impact on the translate HQ scripting and everything else.

If you want to have a guarded HQ, and the risks of it, when you conquer any zone with a garrison (bases, airports etc..) just move it there :)

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

This has nothing to do with this mission. Its your game settings. I can save anytime i want. Most likely in your difficulty settings is set to not allow you to save.

Also the radio towers are probably spawned by the mission maker (Custom placed towers)

No, radio towers are the ones already placed on vanilla map. You will just have to discover them exploring the surroundings. Most of them are in outposts, but some of them are in bases, so, those bases are "inmune" to radio silence :)

Also Petros may send you to destroy a radio tower if you are lucky, asking for a Destroy type mission.

Anyway probably on next version I will place some markers on the map.

Hi Barbolani,

Would you mind to put PBO download to somewhere else? Armaholic download capability is suc*. Broken links and limited download.

Dropbox or onedrive maybe good options.

Thank you very much...

Would you mind to put PBO download to somewhere else? Armaholic download capability is suc*. Broken links and limited download.

Or maybe your connection sucks? It took me less than a second to download this via Armaholic.

Please stop blaming others, especially when they provide a free and reliable service.

Hi sounds cool. Can there be any conflicts with ASRAI ?

Right now I'm focused on checking this works perfect on Vanilla. That doesent mean no, just try it and if you have issues, post here for future improvements. Ive seen a youtube video with this mission and the guy who published was using CBA and some other clientside stuff with zero problem.

suggestion:

possible to use certain vehicles during undercover? like civ cars/trucks? quads maybe...

Im running this mission with a lot of mods (including ASR AI) . Until now... absolutely no problem. Except that on my dedicated server it takes a while until tasks are displayed / updated. But i can live with that.

Or maybe your connection sucks? It took me less than a second to download this via Armaholic.

Please stop blaming others, especially when they provide a free and reliable service.

I am NOT asking YOU to comment on my request to someone else. Better learn to shut your mouth off from others.