Sign in to follow this  
feldmaus

Saitek Pedals in Arma 3 with AFM

Hello,

i wanna buy the Saitek pedals and have some questions about these pedals.

Are they precise?

Does Saitek have a controller-manager-software to save different profiles?

Can i load different profiles during playing?

Which pedals are the better choice, the "Saitek pro pedals" or "Saitek combat pedals"?

Is there an independent controller-manager-software working with the Saitek pedals, where i can setup my X-/Y-/Z-Axis non-linear?

Currently i own the Logitech G940 Flight-System(Joystick/Throttle/Pedals) and all is working fine, only dislike i have is that i cant setup my controllers non-linear and further the pedals are imprecise.

Any further hints?

regards

I got Saitek pro pedals & stick --ain't much you can't do with the profle software..., it's very good. Can DL the manual to take a look.

Precise? --You can ajust the pedal's torsion by a torque screw capping the pivot.

I had CH flight pedals before - and after they broke, I bought that Saitek Pedals. They do look like cheap plastic crap - but they are by far better as the CH pedals, which was "the reference" for many years.

No worrys, go for them.

I got Saitek pro pedals & stick --ain't much you can't do with the profle software..., it's very good.

But if you can not do much with the controller manager software how can it be good?

Is it possible to configure the curves for your controller/pedals? At least to setup the pedals/controller non-linear like y=x^2?

But if you can not do much with the controller manager software how can it be good?

Is it possible to configure the curves for your controller/pedals? At least to setup the pedals/controller non-linear like y=x^2?

Download the software and look at it.

Of course it has sensitivity sliders for curves --so does arma for that matter.

Buy the Combat pedals. Expensive but my Pro pedals wore out fast with my Flight Sims. The Pro are all plastic inside. Had to rebuild them several times. Not sure if they have been upgraded since then.

The Combat ones are awesome. No problems yet. Not sure if the inside is better or not, but the pedals themselves are metal. So far so good. But I also play ArmA way more than I fly now.

My 2¢.

Buy the Combat pedals. Expensive but my Pro pedals wore out fast with my Flight Sims. The Pro are all plastic inside. Had to rebuild them several times. Not sure if they have been upgraded since then.

The Combat ones are awesome. No problems yet. Not sure if the inside is better or not, but the pedals themselves are metal. So far so good. But I also play ArmA way more than I fly now.

My 2¢.

Good point. I have the pro pedals and have never had a problem. Tho some report a problem where the running belt skips off the track.

Fixing it requires pulling the back-plate off to guide the belt back onto the track.

No report of this problem with the combat pedals.

So i'm thinking if one has a heavy foot on the pedals..., best to buy the more robust combat pedals.

Ok, this means you have only one controller-setting for all vehicles(ground, air and water)? Or is there a way to change this setting on the fly during playing?

Ok, this means you have only one controller-setting for all vehicles(ground, air and water)? Or is there a way to change this setting on the fly during playing?

Nope, not on the pedals.

Perhaps it's possible to use a third-party programming (glovepie?) to setup profiles and a hotkey to switch between them but I wouldn't know how I'm afraid.

Worth noting, my pedal profile has "Stance/lean right/left; and back to normal stance on release.

Tho, when mapped to analog steering it still reads the "-/+ axis" dispite being mapped to "advanced key commands" --so it doesn't require a second profile.