Sign in to follow this  
SINE

Is there a way to log the Battleye RCON?

Hello dear Bohema Interactive and ARMA 3 Community Members!

I have a question regarding the use of RCON.

Is there any way of logging the RCON commands?

F/e. who kicked someone, who changed settings or reset the mission?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Regards

I'm not too familiar with RCON in that regard as I don't really have to keep track of people in that way, but perhaps you could try looking at your server's RPT and seeing if it gets logged there?

I'm not too familiar with RCON in that regard as I don't really have to keep track of people in that way, but perhaps you could try looking at your server's RPT and seeing if it gets logged there?

Thanks for your answer.

Sadly, the RPT doesn't log anything regarding the information I'm seeking.

Thanks for your answer.

Sadly, the RPT doesn't log anything regarding the information I'm seeking.

Isn't RCON a 3rd party tool? Have you tried contacting the RCON devs?

Isn't RCON a 3rd party tool? Have you tried contacting the RCON devs?

RCON is a protocol, used by Battleye for ARMA 3.

Theoretically, the RCON tools could implement logging client side, though I need it server-side to make sure it's correct an wasn't manipulated.

You only got afew choices really

1)Ask for a new feature for Battleye

2)Make 3rd Party Application/Web Page for RCon commands so you dont need to give out RCon Password

3)Make an extension to send RCon commands and make up SQF Code in the mission for admins. extDB if you interested has RCon features

You only got afew choices really

1)Ask for a new feature for Battleye

2)Make 3rd Party Application/Web Page for RCon commands so you dont need to give out RCon Password

3)Make an extension to send RCon commands and make up SQF Code in the mission for admins. extDB if you interested has RCon features

Hello Torndeco, nice to see you here, as well! (by the way, the problem with extdb hasn't since returned, thank you very much for the time).

1) I'll probably do that, but I know from the past, that it's very unlikely to reach anything

2) A very good idea indeed, had that a few times but that'd probably require a lot of time that I do not have alone, if that'd be a project with others, I'd probably invest it.

3) Also, a very good idea but with a few limits (no access from outside/no "current players" list and/or no chat accessible from outside).

Is there any way of logging the RCON commands?

F/e. who kicked someone, who changed settings or reset the mission?

Yes and No...

The Rcon protocol does not tell you who executed a kick or changed a mission.

Example. you have 2 Rcons connect. you have no idea of knowing if it was rcon 1 or rcon 2 who did the kick or whatever.

The only time you know who is who is when a rcon user uses the say command. it will tell which rcon did the say.

So only way you can know who executed a command is by example making a web-interface that requires a userlogin

and not allowing any other rcons connected to the server. this web rcon would ofc need to log all commands executed by the user(s).

The only other option i see is to not allow any other rcons than Bec or Epm Rcon to your server. and only have 1 rcon active at anytime.

Bec does log who executed commands. example: !kick foobar. Bec will then log: Admin blah blah.....

So the only way you will know who did execute what is to request this to the BE dev. "and pls dont since it means i need to update Bec too :p"