Sign in to follow this  
call_911

Dcsw2

Couple previews of (pre)Alpha...looking good can't wait.

Did they fix the trees that everybody can fly, and the AI see through?

Did they fix the trees that everybody can fly, and the AI see through?

Thats what I wonder too. Playing as NATO in Combined Arms against AI is incredibly hard without air support because your force usually gets "Reflexed" even while flanking the enemy behind a treeline.

Russian side is on the other hand quite easy as soon as you spot the enemy.

I also wish that they improve the AI controlled units, so that they try to get into cover if under fire or close in and engage the attackers instead of just standing idle and dying.

Yes on collision with trees one of many new changes in new engine. Hav'nt seen much on CA. Multicrew aircraft somthing promised with the Huey, new maps for WW2/Korea/Vietnam era to go with the various eras of aircraft released to date/aircraft on the dev table now-Spitfire, L39,BearcatF8F,F/A18C,undiclosed variant of Cobra attack chopper several others.

Ah the most important info is that it will be a FREE update :D was kind of worried about that, seeing how everyone charges 15€ for a weapon DLC nowadays.

The improved performance, unified front end and simulation .exe, more detailed tree models with collision for new maps, and the existance of new maps at all sounds especially great.

That the Black Sea map wont get new trees apparently is not that great though.

Ah the most important info is that it will be a FREE update :D was kind of worried about that, seeing how everyone charges 15€ for a weapon DLC nowadays.

The improved performance, unified front end and simulation .exe, more detailed tree models with collision for new maps, and the existance of new maps at all sounds especially great.

That the Black Sea map wont get new trees apparently is not that great though.

Well, that sucks a bit... Will all the old modules still work in the new game?

Apparently, yes.

It will be a FREE update and all of your DCS World module keys will work with it.

Another video with F15C takeoff from Nellis AFB, sadly looks like Jan/Feb Alpha release is yet again pushed back 8( too 1st half 2015 Alpha release.

Newest estimate on release:

As the ever present "when" question... we estimate between March and June 2015.

But always remember:

Everything is subject to change

McCarran International Airport:

It looks incredible. I'm really looking forward to the new terrain.

Yeah sadly sounds like they ran into some more show stoppers 8( I'm really looking forwaard to the NTTR map an landing my Huey @the Las Vegas strip :D The low level textures look awsome an make it feel so real, zooming in an out of the cloud layer is just jaw dropping. The new Straight of Hormuz map looks to be fun too. Gonna be intersting to see what the come up with for the Normandy map as well. Taps feet...still waiting on multicrew since UH1 beta 8(. Got my hands on Mig15 today in open beta if'n ya have a nich for a new aircraft.

Edited by Call_911

New ED Newsletter is out.

EDGE is coming along quite nicely, mostly bug fixing and implementation of the new MP client & browser - lots of new features there, including dedicated servers, favourites and filters (much needed!).

New video of the old Map in DCSW 2.0:

New video of the NTTR Terrain (Las Vegas). Video is in real time!

The L-39 Albatros is looking good as well, both cockpits almost finished, completely new external model on the way, avionics and flight dynamics are being implemented and refined and the development of multiplayer multi-seat capability is a big focus right now. If the Beta release will feature multi-seat capability is tbd.

Video:

Work on P-47D and Spitfire MkIX is ongoing but nothing new to show.

Work on the F/A-18C is continuing as well, mostly focusing on the implementation of the A-G radar atm.

Strait of Hormuz map is also being worked on but focus is on NTTR and EDGE right now.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=142724

Edited by Derbysieger