maquez

US Insurgency ALiVE

Hello and thanks for your mission. We are really excited to have one with all the RHS gear to use. I am running the US one in Takistan and it all works except when loading the Leights opfor mod and key file, then it won't load mission. Of course without this, we have no enemies to fight but everything loads fine and all gear is there. So I was trying to figure out where we are going wrong? I did notice both Alive and leights opfor are newer versions now. Could this be the problem?

Thanks for any help, we can't wait to sort it out and have a go on this mission.

both missions updated

updated to ALiVE v0.9.7.1504161

updated to RHS Escalation v0.3.7

changed revive to BI function revive

added BI function dynamic group

balanced ALiVE profiled units

changed some scripts

zeus added

civilians added

(Insurgency Takistan) now coop 16

plane removed

some vehicles removed

Warning:

do NOT run mission with updated Leight's OPFOR Pack v1.0 !

it will break mission

due lack of time and work on already other and bigger mission projects I am not able to update mission any time soon

sorry

Edited by maquez

I have decided that there wont be any update of my missions to the new versions of Leight's OPFOR Pack.

There are several reasons behind my decision,

one of it is that he increased group size in a way it will make

mission unplayable due performance problems.

I wont discuss any further here my reasons.

If anyone really like to now why I did this decisions you can PM me.

Probably I will get in near future rid of Leight's OPFOR Pack and replace it with something else.

Edited by maquez
typos

Hi! - thanks for a great mod. I have a question, it dont seems that i can scroll on Intel and collect it, what could be wrong?

due real life circumstances and work on a other project I had not really time take care of my insurgency missions

I hope I will find some time as soon RHS updates to changes introduced with patch 1.54

but consider this will be probably latest updates for these missions

I am sorry about this

did this happen with all Intel you found or only once ?

sometimes the Intel can spawn at a delicate position which renders it difficult to pick up

need more information for help!

hmm, strange you the first and only person mention this problem...

do you use other addons than the requested one? If yes, disable them do test if this solves problem and report back please.

I told already need more information, this includes the circumstance if you use other addons than the requested ones

tested it, no problem with Intel on my side it works as it should!

you sure use a addon that breaks interaction with Intel, simple solution for that stop use any addons apart of the requested one by mission

I do not have fun nor any time spare for searching errors caused by bad configured or broken addons

next time you complain about a error do please mention at the beginning the use of additional addons

I'm not a clairvoyant nor a mage and can guess this out of the blue ...

go complain about the error to the developers of the addon causing this

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Maqunez - Sorry, sorry! It's not my entension to complain, i was just asking if you maybe knew a solution, im new to all this Alive mod and mission files :) I'm very thankfull for you mission and dont blame you, my mission isn't working. 

I will try your solution disabling some of the mods :) Thanks 

I'm using these addons btw. mod=@ace;@Alive;@AliveServer;@allinarmaterrainpack;@Ares;@CBA_A3;@cTab;@Disable_default_BI_missions;@JBAD;@Leights;@MELB;@Mute;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@tfr;@TRYK

Hi

no problem... so let's start

disable: @cTab (functions similar already included in ALiVE); @JBAD; @MELB

probably also disable @ace and @Ares mission has no support for it

do you use a dedicated server and wish to connect to ALiVE database ? If not disable and remove @AliveServer

make sure you use Leight's OPFOR pack v0.8.1 the mission does not and will not support his newest versions; download you will find on first page

make also sure you use newest versions of addons required, download for them you will find also on first page

general take this rule in consideration for the future; use only addons required by missions and disable all the other stuff

Just to add what Maquez - do not run @ALiVEserver on your client.. and only run it on the server if you have a war room account setup and working for persistence.  For more info see the wiki link in my signature.

Also (and to be honest I'm not sure if this even matters anymore) try to load @CBA_A3 first in your mod list.

• Like 1

Just to add what Maquez - do not run @ALiVEserver on your client.. and only run it on the server if you have a war room account setup and working for persistence.  For more info see the wiki link in my signature.

Also (and to be honest I'm not sure if this even matters anymore) try to load @CBA_A3 first in your mod list.

It seemed to matter on an ALiVE mission I was playing with Autigergrad a couple weeks back. I now make a habit of always loading CBA first for every mission I play, ALiVE or not.

Definitely not a scientific answer, but it *seemed* to cause problems when placed elsewhere.

• Like 1

In Arma 2 it definitely made a difference - mods that required CBA should be loaded after CBA.  Not sure if the same applies in A3 but I do it out of habit :)

Thanks for all the inputs, i have tryed everything you where saying, but none of it was the right solution for me, i must just face the reality that i'm not skilled enough for this - But thanks for all the help, its cool to se so many helpful people in the community... :)

Drastrup, I'm a down right idiot when it comes to computers and modding but I have several missions that work very well for me, including one I sent you yesterday. When using this ALiVE mission or any ALiVE mission it is very important to run only the mods required at first, and sometimes in the exact order recommended by the mod author when applicable.

Shoot me a PM if you have some very basic questions (and I mean basic, see the me being a moron bit above) and I'll help you.

If you need, I can even send you some updated PBO's of some of the ALiVE missions I play. But beware they are mod heavy.

• Like 2

missions updated

as a christmas present I updated missions and fixed few hiccups :)

• Like 1

pre-official release of:

US Insurgency ALiVE Takistan

US vs Armed Islamic Front

Addons Required:

links removed

Download:

link removed mission released

Special Thanks to:

alexsegen for let me use his amazing units

Note:

dear Armaholic do NOT mirror this mission until further notice!

wish you all a merry christmas :)

need a break now

missions updated

Important Information !

- removed Leight's OPFOR Pack and replaced with IWAR and for US Insurgency Altis with RHS Insurgents

- changed to CUP Terrains (do not use anymore AIA Terrainpack)

read change log !

Merry Christmas

Hi :) 

I still got problems gather intel, but have now managed to troubleshoot it further, it seems that it's our TFR causing the trouble, but i can't see why it should make trouble for gathering intel... I think TFR is the most important addon in whole arma, so i will be very sad playing without it. 

Maybe someone know a workaround? :)

missions updated

- cleaned mission from unused scripts
- fixed not working stamina/sway mission start parameter