maquez

US Insurgency ALiVE

why you don't ask this in the ALiVE or TFAR thread?

it looks that you have a problem with ALiVE in general

Edited by maquez

Hey maquez, how do you turn on and off the features without deleting some lines in the files (such as medical system, CAS) ? Reason is that I'm using AGM and it doesn't fit with any revive scripts, plus I'm working into a JTAC/TACP team so we do our own 9-lines/6-lines/CCA air support and for that reason we don't need CAS fonction. I don't wanna alter your work.

Hi there,

I was about to download & try this mission, until I read this :

I'm sick of Leights continued changes if this persists I do think about to delete this mission !

[...]

old title does not make sense anymore thanks Leights !

I am really pissed off now!

Frankly I'm a bit shocked by your reaction. Who are you to rant on someone's choices?

Besides the obvious (Leights doesn't owe you anything, and nobody forced you to make that mission), I'll just quote Sif on Leights thread :

It's his mod, if he wants to remove them to avoid getting hassled in real life then that's his choice.

You can cry all you want about loosing subscribers, it doesn't give you the right to disrespect his decision.

Edited by Pepe Hal

Hey maquez, how do you turn on and off the features without deleting some lines in the files (such as medical system, CAS) ? Reason is that I'm using AGM and it doesn't fit with any revive scripts, plus I'm working into a JTAC/TACP team so we do our own 9-lines/6-lines/CCA air support and for that reason we don't need CAS fonction. I don't wanna alter your work.

we (my team) are using AGM, and I did this:

1. Go to description.ext and delete this

class ReviveEnable {
//paramsArray[7]	
	title="Allow Revive"; 
	values[]={ 1,0 }; 
	texts[]={ "Yes","No" }; 
	default=1; 
};

[/code]

2. Then inside init-custom.sqf and delete this

if (ReviveEnable == 1) then {
// Farooq's Revive 1.4d	
call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "FAR_revive\FAR_revive_init.sqf";
player addeventhandler ["respawn","_this execVM 'respawnfar.sqf'"];
} 

3. Finally, you can delete FAR_revive folder.

Hi there,

Frankly I'm a bit shocked by your reaction. Who are you to rant on someone's choices?

Besides the obvious (Leights doesn't owe anything, and nobody forced you to make that mission), I'll just quote Sif on Leights thread :

You can cry all you want about loosing subscribers, it doesn't give the right to disrespect his decision.

Dude, editing missions takes time, dedication, effort, missions must be tested. Leights has been changing important features such as renaming factions and now this. It's understandable that Marquez is a little upset about it. And yes, I'm sure he knows it's Leight's mod but that is not the point. Also I'm not justifying Marquez reaction, but I guess some people take these changes worse than others.

Hi there,

Besides the obvious (Leights doesn't owe you anything, and nobody forced you to make that mission), I'll just quote Sif on Leights thread :

You can cry all you want about loosing subscribers, it doesn't give you the right to disrespect his decision.

okay I over acted may a little bit but after the third time Leight's changed factions sides I got pissed off

also his over reaction in removing a faction completely forced me to change whole mission name

created me a lot of unnecessary work like inform workshop subscribers, make new pictures, explain my subscribes these steps etc.

and yeah that pissed me off too and if that where the first time I would also not have reacted like that

so sorry could be my national mentality :rolleyes:

we (my team) are using AGM, and I did this:

1. Go to description.ext and delete this

class ReviveEnable {
   //paramsArray[7]    
       title="Allow Revive"; 
       values[]={ 1,0 }; 
       texts[]={ "Yes","No" }; 
       default=1; 
   };

[/code]

2. Then inside init-custom.sqf and delete this

if (ReviveEnable == 1) then {
// Farooq's Revive 1.4d    
   call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "FAR_revive\FAR_revive_init.sqf";
   player addeventhandler ["respawn","_this execVM 'respawnfar.sqf'"];
} 

3. Finally, you can delete FAR_revive folder.

won't work !

you destroy additional functionality of mission (you will loose action menu entries after respawn)

you can try to set the AGM needed stuff in mission editor then start mission with revive disabled in the mission parameters

this will switch back to standard respawn I think that should work but don't guarantee

do not mess around with the code with no clue about what you do

you will break mission

class ReviveEnable {
   //paramsArray[7]    
       title="Allow Revive"; 
       values[]={ 1,0 }; 
       texts[]={ "Yes","No" }; 
       default=[color=#ff0000][b]0[/b][/color]; 
   };

you can set above code so you don't have to disable revive every time you start mission it will remain disabled.

Edited by maquez

US Insurgency ALiVE Altis released

added new features:

ALiVE Combat Support

ALiVE Command & Control

(squadleader/player must have Laserdesignator equipped )

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

please report performance and if amount of enemies is okay

thank you

US Insurgency ALiVE Altis released

added new features:

ALiVE Combat Support

ALiVE Command & Control

(squadleader/player must have Laserdesignator equipped )

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

please report performance and if amount of enemies is okay

thank you

Great man, can't wait to test the new update !! I'm getting addicted to your mission XP

both missions updated

fixed incorrect entry in AI Commander

Anybody got a server running this that plays regularly?

Also, what arma 3 server hoster runs on windows servers that can support mods such as ALIVE?

both mission updated

balanced profiled units, decreased CQB units, increased regular units

both missions updated

changed revive

Hey Maquez,

Haze here, the original author of Insurgency Alive and Alive dev team member. Just wanted to let you know the next version of the mission is just about done, just waiting to release it with the next version of alive (SOON). As much effort as you have put into editing this mission the new Insurgency Framework contains way too many new goodies and fixes not to use. I have a little bit more time now to release regular updates to the framework which is good news for all.

You may continue to use the framework as you always have in the past however I do have a couple requests that I don't think is too much to ask for. Could you please contain you mission posts to a single release thread if possible in the future? It would be both easier for you and the users to all communicate in a single thread about all 3 variations then to have them spread out in multiple posts. Last but not least I am asking all users of the framework state it as so clearly. For example, you may rename the mission however you feel but I ask that clearly state that its built on the ALiVE Insurgency Framework.. I request this because I need all bugs and issues directed towards me so I can get them quickly resolved. I will have a personal bug tracker link that will be inside the read-me of the framework.

I can't wait for you guys to enjoy the new mission. It has defiantly come a long way. Requirements stay the same... @CBA/@ALIVE. Ill give you back your thread now. I hope you don't think I came off in any other way then enthusiastic.

-Hazey

Edited by Hazey

mission updated

ALiVE updated to latest version

revive updated to latest version

disabled fatigue applied after revive

UAV/UGV Vehicles added

Edited by maquez

small update

fixed not working UAV/UGV's

information:

missions will work with RHS Escalation version 0.3.6

no update needed

missions updated

removed obsolete Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

briefing overhauled

bugfixes

we are trying to play it with agm, but thats not so important, important question is how to use artillery and heli support with transportation cause we cant see any options with laser designator and/or long range radio

Am I missing something? I played this on my Dedi Server for about 3 hours clearing houses around the base start with no intel or even an enemy? Does that sound correct? Finally I just quit. What happens in large cities do you have to clear every building?

sounds like you don't loaded all addon requirements and or outdated versions of it ! (Leight's OPFOR v.08 or enemies won't spawn)

Thanks for the response, I did load the Addon, I think from viewing it in the editor I just never got to a building with something in it. I will try again.

Thanks again.

Hello!

Been playing your mission, with a few of my friends, not on a dedicated server tho.

My question is, is there a way, to get ambient civilians somehow? It would add a lot to the experience.

THanks, and keep up the awesome work :)