Sign in to follow this  
GDent

For those of you not using AiATP, what maps are you playing on?

Inspired by the Kunduz province thread, some people were complaining about AiATP's huge size and bugginess. Honestly now that .kju is no longer working on the project, it's only a matter of time before an update to Arma 3 breaks the mod making it no longer usable.

So what terrains are you guys using? Is Bornholm a good replacement for Chernarus? Is there anything good that replaces Takistan? What about Zargabad? These are the three main reasons why I use AiATP, but I'm afraid I might be forced away from it in the future.

Of course this is aside from Altis and Stratis, but if you have something to say about those terrains then go ahead.

Well we haven't been forced away from anything yet. So keep playing on boss. We can't assume to know what will work, or not work, in the future. Sangin (A3) is in the works, and several "Altis" style maps. We also have the BI expansion which very well could be desert related, we just don't know yet

Altis, mostly because I haven't had the time to download several gigs of maps. I have to do it when my family is asleep and aren't gonna get mad at me for slowing the Internet down.

Bornholm seems good, even though I haven't run a game on there yet, only problem with it might be that it is a bit too demanding for weaker systems. Has a nice mix of forests, urban areas and farmlands with a good amount of elevation difference without being hilly.

Of what exists of Kunduz is really nice and seems to be going forward nicely. I think when it is at around 60-70% done I'm going to start making missions for it. It can defenitely replace parts of Takistan.

Imrali and Wake island are pretty small and well made, but limited in size and scope.

I play the Imrali Island and Tilos. They're looking good. And I play them cause I have low pc. I try to play Isla DUala, but too big and give me problem when I fill it with units :( Damned Arma Engine :butbut:

I like Tilos but it does have lots of hills. Spawning AI can be tricky.

Bornholm is gorgeous.

Check out Isle Scilly also.

Im sure if AIA or A3MP were made redundant by an Arma3 update,someone with knowledge to fix the issue would come along.Alot of classic maps and many missions by many modders/mission makers have been created with those assets.I'd even go so far as to say BIS themeselves realise this,and would hopefully sidestep changes that could destroy the terrain framework.

Right guys?

Maps which are supported nativ by Arma 3 without needing AiA or A3MP as requirement like Bornholm.

Altis, mostly because I haven't had the time to download several gigs of maps. I have to do it when my family is asleep and aren't gonna get mad at me for slowing the Internet down.

I really recommend Gorgona by major desync. It's a great little map set in the Med. The whole file is tiny, less that 100mb if I remember correctly. I believe major dysnc only used stock assets but still made something that feels refreshing and different from altis and stratis.