Sign in to follow this  
Deadeye1

Map Creation help

Can someone help a noob with some tutorials or links to them in to how to use the terrain builder in BI tools, all the links posted in the threads are either now broke, outdated or for a different Mpa building program say visitor.

someone help a starter out :)

This should work: http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:terrain:jakerod-quick-terrain-builder-tutorial

I'm not sure how old that file is but it might be outdated.

I know for sure that once you get to the config part you will need to add the following line between the "requiredVersion" line and the "version" line:

requiredaddons[]={"A3_Map_Stratis"};

Hello I have a problem in that errain builder wont start. I have tested object builder built a cube and viewed in buldozer - that worked. I have reinstalled about 10 times including recreating the p drive. when i click on it i gt buldozer may not work missing bin\config.bin. But ive read on forums that you get that and it still works. I get the same on object builder and that works. so after that error pops up it says from my tray that terrain builder is starting but then nothing happens. Any ideas Jake

I know for sure that once you get to the config part you will need to add the following line between the "requiredVersion" line and the "version" line:

requiredaddons[]={"A3_Map_Stratis"};

This line threw me when I was working up my configs from some old tutorials, but I found that this worked perfectly (it's taken straight from the Stratis config you'll find in your A3 folder on your P Drive):

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Data_F","A3_Roads_F","A3_Structures_F","A3_Map_Data"};