Sign in to follow this  
oo para oo

[Video] J.S.R.S Dragonfyre Vs Speed of Sound PURE

I created this video to showcase two of the best sound mods out there, and tested different scenarios on which is better in a very wide range of tests.

See whch one you prefer. For me Helicopters sound better in PURE but I love the distant explosions with Dragon..

I also have a VANILLA Vs Dragonfyre to really showcase the sound mod

Enjoy the eargasams.

oO Para Oo :butbut:

Why there is a point in competition with the vids title pics, i see the point of the vid as to demonstrate both mods, but as its been said hundreds of times in these forums,

sound is a personal taste, if 10 people say JSRS is the best then you'll get another 10 people saying SOS pure is the best, blah blah.

Does it really matter, its what you prefer, every person doent hear the same sounds the same way its a simple fact.

Imo i prefer a combination of both mods, i like some things from JSRS, and I like some things from SOS pure, and so on, I dont use one mod outright and have compiled

such sounds together in one mod for myself which im still working on, and ya I read that LJ said Dragonfyre is not to be combined with other mods because of the scripts, imo

i think a sound mod should be modular, to customize it to your liking as Im sure theres alot of folks with a similar opinion that not all sounds from one mod are the

best and do also like aspects, or parts be it one sound or many sounds from another sound mod.

Imo i actually prefer a sound mod I compiled for arma2CO that had multiple sound mods - (HiFi, JSRS, RWS,and VOPS)

Great vids none the less I always like comparison vids, as it gives you an idea of what sound mod has for a particular weapon, or vehicle vs another,

from their you can choose what you prefer.

Although what i prefer is that sound mod authors make your sounds mod modular.

Pure sounds more earthy, better for realistic game-play. Only my view.;)

But both win out in separate areas, as a whole though, it would have to be Pure.

Most of the things in JSRS sound better, except some explosions and helicopter/vehicle motor sounds, in my opinion. Wish I could mix it, heh.

Both MODs have different aims and purposes. I love how they complement each other and should be blended sometime in the future! ;)

Movements sounds are too low on the SOS Pure which is a bit annoying for close fight or to hear friends move by your sides.

Most of the things in JSRS sound better, except some explosions and helicopter/vehicle motor sounds, in my opinion. Wish I could mix it, heh.
I agree. The helis and large explosions in Pure were definitely much better, but otherwise I think JSRS takes the edge on the rest.

That said, I've found JSRS' guns to have way too much reverb, resulting in a very cluttered and confusing soundscape in any large battles. I'd love to use it in competitive games, but that keeps putting me off. Still immersive in COOP/SP though.

Thanks for all the work you have put into this! Really appreciated!

To my taste I don't like the sound of the MX vanilla, too much emphasis on the closing mechanism. So same goes for JSRS Dragonfyre's MX and machinegun which still remind me of the vanilla sound. On PURE it is a much more direct sound, a little hollow, just like I would imagine it in real life with all the Michael Bay left aside. Apart of that both sound incredible and at least one should be in everyone's arsenal!