gossamersolid

[MP] GWAR3 (Gossamer's Warfare 3)

I realized that you do not see sense and yet I beg you to make support ACE3 because I very often use it

I'll keep it in mind, but I'm not promising anything.

Glad to say you're still maintaining this. GWAR3 deserves more shine but apparently it's true, CTI has seen better days.

If there's anything I'd love to see in the future, it would be anything that adds variety to the gaming experience. Side-missions, restricted AI activity outside the city, FOB's… anything along those lines with the intent to snap the players out of their routine and keep them on their toes, even outside of cities. Something like that, however you would see fit.

I fail to see the relevance of mod-support - I do love them mods but to be honest I think GWAR3 is too niche for that as is. Unless we are talking about a dedicated community, addon requirements will leave the server to a lonely death. Besides that, ACE3 - great mod but hey you have to rebind all your keys if you want to be able to control your squad. No bueno. 

Thanks! just a note your download links are broken, 404 - no problem from your site though.

Is there anyway to play this SP on Lan? or it expects to be on a server.

Glad to say you're still maintaining this. GWAR3 deserves more shine but apparently it's true, CTI has seen better days.

If there's anything I'd love to see in the future, it would be anything that adds variety to the gaming experience. Side-missions, restricted AI activity outside the city, FOB's… anything along those lines with the intent to snap the players out of their routine and keep them on their toes, even outside of cities. Something like that, however you would see fit.

I fail to see the relevance of mod-support - I do love them mods but to be honest I think GWAR3 is too niche for that as is. Unless we are talking about a dedicated community, addon requirements will leave the server to a lonely death. Besides that, ACE3 - great mod but hey you have to rebind all your keys if you want to be able to control your squad. No bueno.

I see what you're saying about having other things to do, but everything you listed (in my opinion), would further keep players from actually engaging each other. I've always seen CTI as more of a PvP oriented gamemode. There's been a lot of changes to GWAR3 to basically keep match lengths <3hrs and encourage players to directly fight each other.

Thanks! just a note your download links are broken, 404 - no problem from your site though.

Is there anyway to play this SP on Lan? or it expects to be on a server.

Hey sorry about the links. The two mission files are fixed now, but the server files will have to wait till I get home.

I could remove the dedicated server only check for next version, but I can't guarantee there won't be issues and I don't plan to support it. But if you want to try, I have no issue with that.

Edit: all download links are fixed.

I see what you're saying about having other things to do, but everything you listed (in my opinion), would further keep players from actually engaging each other. I've always seen CTI as more of a PvP oriented gamemode. There's been a lot of changes to GWAR3 to basically keep match lengths <3hrs and encourage players to directly fight each other.

makes perfect sense :) 

By popular demand, zone ownership will not be globally shown by default in the next version. Players will have to enter a zone to have the ownership status updated for their team. The way it currently works will be available via mission parameters.

Also, the destruction victory condition will default to if a team's MHQ is destroyed, they lose. This can be changed back to how it currently works again through mission parameters.

this mission is high quality and very good optimized, it makes me sad to see servers are empty.

I usually join if their is even 1 player online.

1 thing i would like to see changed is sudden death, can it be placed to 3h as default.

Because when playing with low number of players, just when things start to get in motion then sudden death occurs and everyone rushes for artillery tank and round ends, even opposing players didn't have contact with each other.

Thats my opinion, but i could be wrong with this.

Thanks

this mission is high quality and very good optimized, it makes me sad to see servers are empty.

I usually join if their is even 1 player online.

1 thing i would like to see changed is sudden death, can it be placed to 3h as default.

Because when playing with low number of players, just when things start to get in motion then sudden death occurs and everyone rushes for artillery tank and round ends, even opposing players didn't have contact with each other.

Thats my opinion, but i could be wrong with this.

Thanks

I can raise the default sudden death timer.

Keep in mind GWAR3 is currently on "the backburner" for me as I've been working on other things and actually playing games for once (instead of just spending all my time developing).

• Like 1

I have a problem when i'm running the GWAR3 server, once the server is up and i log into it, it always spawns me in on a little tiny island in the w/sw corner of altis and before i can even do anything the match ends in like 20 seconds??? Am i missing something here as i would really like to run this CTI as we use to run alot of gossamers CTI missions when we played Arma 2 OA and enjoyed the hell outta em!!!

It's been a while since any updates. I'm aiming to have a new version out for the weekend. Here's what's currently done:

- Disallow purchasing equipment when enemies are within 100m of the player's position

- Optimizations: Deployment UI and Purchase Equipment UI update equipment pictures and tooltips much quicker

- Disable player location record creation

- Removed Telos from default Altis zone layout

- Empty slots are filled with AI again (Problems with JIP)

- Destruction victory now occurs when a team's MHQ is destroyed. Parameter can be set back to previous value if desired

- Minimum time elapsed before ticket bleed set back to 0 minutes (immediate)

- Ticket bleed calculation set to Classic by default

- Increase supply and money income rates on all Altis layouts

- Raised sudden death default timer to 3 hours

- Sudden death off by default

- Disable remote sensors (Experimenting - https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/disableRemoteSensors)

Here's what I'm currently working on:

- New parameter, Zone Visibility (Classic - As it was in Gossamer's Warfare for A2, Zones and camp ownership are only known after a zone has been scouted and Global - As it currently is in GWAR3)

- Camps are now distinguished on the map with Letters for easier communication (A, B, C, etc)

• Like 3

Absolutely fantastic! Do we have a RHS-Version out somewhere there? If not yet, perhaps I need to kick my butt and modify that latest version a bit...

Absolutely fantastic! Do we have a RHS-Version out somewhere there? If not yet, perhaps I need to kick my butt and modify that latest version a bit...

I never got around to making one. Honestly, there's so much infrastructure changes I need to make in order to do it properly (better config structure and database seperation) that I never got around to doing it.

• Like 1

Small delay, logical issue with the "Classic" Zone Ownership view parameter. The zones are reporting that they are under attack after they've been captured. Shouldn't be a hard fix, just don't have the time to do it tonight.

GWAR3 v0.09.01015 Released

Changelog - http://gwar3.com/index.php?page=updates&id=34

News Post - http://gwar3.com/index.php?page=news&id=12

Downloads - http://gwar3.com/index.php?page=downloads

Please provide feedback, bug reports and whatever else through the regular channels! Thanks

Awesome, Installing it on our server! :)

Let me how it goes again, I enjoyed your prior feedback.

HP down?

Armaholic lists only a old version....

regrads

Hey there, I recently migrated to a new server. Website needs a bit of rewriting to get the connection to the database working again.

I think there's a bug since 1.56 in my code to get the attachments that fit on weapons as well, I'll need to revise that this weekend.

I'll message you on steam when everything is back and online again.

• Like 1

Hey guys, one last update for those of you who actually still play.

Changelog: http://gwar3.com/index.php?page=updates&id=35

Downloads: http://gwar3.com/index.php?page=downloads

I've also made a final news post for anybody that's interested: http://gwar3.com/index.php?page=news&id=13

Might come back to this after Apex releases depending on if anybody is interested in playing.

Thanks to everybody (especially the TGW and Gunny's communities) for partaking in countless testing sessions on saturdays and sundays. Couldn't have done it without you guys.

• Like 2

Probably being a dummy but Im playing solo as commander but see no option to create squads, only individual soldiers that join my personal squad.

Probably being a dummy but Im playing solo as commander but see no option to create squads, only individual soldiers that join my personal squad.

Nope, not being a dummy.

The only AI in the game are the ones that defend zones (either your friendly AI or enemy AI) and the ones you and other players purchase for your squads.

Ahh. A shame - very promising beginning..The unique features like Specialties would play out so nicely in a CTI