gossamersolid

[MP] GWAR3 (Gossamer's Warfare 3)

The shortcut shouldn't stop working unless you moved or deleted the application. In any case, you can always re-download/re-install -> http://www.gwar3.com/#downloads

My group pretty much only plays on weekends due to personal life schedules.

I did this ... it must be stuck somwere in registry ... ill look.

I did this ... it must be stuck somwere in registry ... ill look.

Is there a specific error it gives you, or is it just a standard windows "cannot find program" error.

When you install the updater, I believe it lets you pick where it goes. Check out that folder to find the program.

I can't download the files. the downloader stops working and I don't know how to do it manually

What's the error you get?

it says it has stopped working, no real message. I am running it as administrator

Does it do it immediately after launch? During downloads? After downloads?

GWAR3 is preparing for server files release in the coming weeks. Out of curiosity, how many people are interested in hosting the mission on their server(s)?

PM me or post here.

Keep in mind this initial release will not support any database elements as they are not ready for public release yet. The gamemode should work on both Windows and *nix servers (When database functionality is released, it will only support Windows servers).

Edited by GossamerSolid

Looking forward to release Gossamer!!!

Glad to see somebody excited :)

We've been testing an addon free version of GWAR3. The major bugs are being ironed out and then everything will be released.

Glad to see somebody excited :)

We've been testing an addon free version of GWAR3. The major bugs are being ironed out and then everything will be released.

Good first impressions. Looking forward to more. Still a lil sadface about my first tank disabling before it every fired a shot. Till next time.

Good first impressions. Looking forward to more. Still a lil sadface about my first tank disabling before it every fired a shot. Till next time.

Glad you had fun, hope to see your crew around again!

Server-side addon has been released on the downloads page -> http://gwar3.com/#downloads

Just played addon free version.

Awesome job you have done, too bad BIS didn't give us some warfare buildings for arma3.

il report bugs here if I find any

Just played addon free version.

Awesome job you have done, too bad BIS didn't give us some warfare buildings for arma3.

il report bugs here if I find any

Hey there, it's good to see you.

I'm glad you enjoyed playing it. Just passed the 1 year of development mark a few days ago.

The addon version had some of the old WF buildings ported to A3 as well as some new ones (same style though), unfortunate that A3 doesn't have any by default. Maybe BIS will consider it for the A3 expansion pack :)

Let me know if there's any bugs you encounter or if you have any suggestions.

Update released today -> http://www.gwar3.com/#updates

Lots of fixes as well as a few rebalancing changes and one new specialization to pick from - pilot (35% cost reduction to all aircraft, but a max squad size of 3)

Keep up great work gossamer, i see this mission gets more players each day.

But, i have sugesstions to make gameplay beter.

-general: make towns neutral status of ownership until player scouts town within 500m of town.so we dont see where does enemy aproach from

-randomize loactions of hq start

Thanks

Keep up great work gossamer, i see this mission gets more players each day.

But, i have sugesstions to make gameplay beter.

-general: make towns neutral status of ownership until player scouts town within 500m of town.so we dont see where does enemy aproach from

-randomize loactions of hq start

Thanks

Starting locations are randomized (only on Altis with default map layout). Doesn't make too much sense for the others to have them.

As for the zone ownership being globally available, we had it the other way at one point in time, but it was removed because it was deemed unnecessary. Really if you think about it, what purpose does it serve?

I'll consider putting it back in if there's enough demand.

Greetings.

1.) After the purchase of a UAV, you are unable to buy any other units(infantry included). UAV limit reached 1/1 This includes empty vehicles. Equipment menu still functions.

2.) When playing as Special Forces, I kinda borked my squad. What ended up was when I looked at the map at my 6 Infantry I saw two squad members labeled as #2, two as #3, one #4, one #5 Instead of 2,3,4,5,6,7, If I selected troop number 6, and told him to move, one of my number 2's would move. Not the biggest deal, but annoying.

3.)Vehicle crews randomly dismounting after purchase(gunner commander). I understand that this might be a broader bug though I haven't noticed it in other missions.

4.) A few players have reported that they get bugged slots. Says 0/1 squad size without a specialization. I've been advising players to respawn or reconnect. Does not always fix the problem.

Loving the mission, Well played Sir.

Greetings.

1.) After the purchase of a UAV, you are unable to buy any other units(infantry included). UAV limit reached 1/1 This includes empty vehicles. Equipment menu still functions.

2.) When playing as Special Forces, I kinda borked my squad. What ended up was when I looked at the map at my 6 Infantry I saw two squad members labeled as #2, two as #3, one #4, one #5 Instead of 2,3,4,5,6,7, If I selected troop number 6, and told him to move, one of my number 2's would move. Not the biggest deal, but annoying.

3.)Vehicle crews randomly dismounting after purchase(gunner commander). I understand that this might be a broader bug though I haven't noticed it in other missions.

4.) A few players have reported that they get bugged slots. Says 0/1 squad size without a specialization. I've been advising players to respawn or reconnect. Does not always fix the problem.

Loving the mission, Well played Sir.

#1 - is fixed and will be released in a small patch tonight.

#2 - Did this happen after calling in the special forces infantry or just out of the blue?

#3 - This one is tough. I'm not able to reliably reproduce it. I had attempted a fix in the latest version, but apparently it didn't fix it. I'll continue to look into it.

#4 - I need more detail on this one as I'm not fully sure what you mean. I'll hit you up on steam tonight.

#1 - is fixed and will be released in a small patch tonight.

#2 - Did this happen after calling in the special forces infantry or just out of the blue?

#3 - This one is tough. I'm not able to reliably reproduce it. I had attempted a fix in the latest version, but apparently it didn't fix it. I'll continue to look into it.

#4 - I need more detail on this one as I'm not fully sure what you mean. I'll hit you up on steam tonight.

UAV fix working well. No squad issues, I do believe that was related to calling in SF with the UAV bug, because it was the only way to get troops with the bug denying factory production.

Number #4 appeared for me and a few others after a fresh restart last night, but we'll nail it down for ya. Give us some time.(respawning did not bring up the proper deployment menu on several slots, but I finally found one that let me in to the menu)

As a side note to the mission, I had to ban a undetected scripter last night spawning Hunters on Opfor. He eventually teleported from one town center to another while I was staring at him on map. Any plans for a rudimentary unit cam/ admin spectator slot.? The slot would be the least desirable as it's a big "Don't cheat, they are watching" sign, and forces you to watch instead of play where as unit cam can be used on the fly. No pressure :D Just sure that there will be a need to squash dickheads in public games.

Edited by Biostalker
Clarity

UAV fix working well. No squad issues, I do believe that was related to calling in SF with the UAV bug, because it was the only way to get troops with the bug denying factory production.

Number #4 appeared for me and a few others after a fresh restart last night, but we'll nail it down for ya. Give us some time.(respawning did not bring up the proper deployment menu on several slots, but I finally found one that let me in to the menu)

As a side note to the mission, I had to ban a undetected scripter last night spawning Hunters on Opfor. He eventually teleported from one town center to another while I was staring at him on map. Any plans for a rudimentary unit cam/ admin spectator slot.? The slot would be the least desirable as it's a big "Don't cheat, they are watching" sign, and forces you to watch instead of play where as unit cam can be used on the fly. No pressure :D Just sure that there will be a need to squash dickheads in public games.

For #4, sending me both player and server RPT files might be able to provide me with some information as to why it's happening.

As for the admin camer, I considered something like this before, but there's a lot of things to consider. The main one being asshole admins who use it to find the other team's bases or find where players have killed them from. I do see your perspective as well though because there are piece of shit script kiddies out there. I'll have to consider a solution.

one thing isn't clear to me, how much can you actually specialize in things.

Like sometimes i can have 2 point upgrade on engineer, sometimes just once.

First price is 7.5k $, i buy it and i get point.Then second price is i think 15k $, but when i buy second nothing happens, i just lose my money.

I would be great if you represent how many times can something be upgraded.

Like:

Engineer 1/3

Officer 0/3

Spec Ops 0/3

Pilot 0/3

Can we specialize in all branches?

And when i try to salvage wrecks with engineer class, sometimes i get killed by fire, can you extend salvage radius by 1 meter?

thanks and keep up good work :D

EDIT:and do you plan on making how to play?A lot of people don't know whats that all about.

Edited by MarkoCRO

one thing isn't clear to me, how much can you actually specialize in things.

Like sometimes i can have 2 point upgrade on engineer, sometimes just once.

First price is 7.5k $, i buy it and i get point.Then second price is i think 15k $, but when i buy second nothing happens, i just lose my money.

I would be great if you represent how many times can something be upgraded.

Like:

Engineer 1/3

Officer 0/3

Spec Ops 0/3

Pilot 0/3

Can we specialize in all branches?

And when i try to salvage wrecks with engineer class, sometimes i get killed by fire, can you extend salvage radius by 1 meter?

thanks and keep up good work :D

EDIT:and do you plan on making how to play?A lot of people don't know whats that all about.

Hey Marko,

The numbers represented beside each specialization is how many players on your team have chosen that specialization, nothing to do with "progression".

Specializations will cost $7500 the first time, then increase according to this calculation

_specFee = round(7500 + (7500 * amount of times a player has chosen a specialization));

You can only have 1 active specialization at a time, but feel free to pony up the money to re-specialize at any time.

I can indeed increase the salvage radius!

We're currently writing a guide/manual on GWAR3. As you can assume, it's a very time consuming task :)

I've currently finished the page on Ranks -> http://www.gwar3.com/#manual?id=9

Glad you guys are having fun, I saw you all over on gunny's yesterday.

yeah i look up first were are players then i join most populated server, gunny's is good

and yes, how to play writing is big task.much time consuming i can imagine :)

cheers :P