Hi, I was wondering, do you know when PlayWithSix will update your mod? thanks

I'm currently working on a fix for some bugs. I'll contact the relevant people for updates when it's ready. I expect it to be done this weekend (Sunday).

I'm currently working on a fix for some bugs. I'll contact the relevant people for updates when it's ready. I expect it to be done this weekend (Sunday).

thanks

Update:

- For better transparency, the helicopters have been split into several vehicle classes.

- Custom weapon-configs have been added. Thank you ColonelHartigan.

- New UH-1N skin by ColonelHartigan.

- Added AGM fast rope compatibility for "old" hueys. Currently there are no AGM fast rope for the UH-1Y's and most of the UH-1N's, fast rope causes the rotors to break.

- Added TOW's. Cannot be used by the AI.

- Replaced UH-1N sound with OH-58 sound from Arma CWC.

- Most rockets have been replaced with "revolving" rockets.

- UH-1N handling modified to feel more "heavy". Might be too sluggish, awaiting feedback on this.

- Removed gunbarrels-geometry on AH-1's to avoid gun ground contact tipping over the helicopter.

- Added AH-1 "Boom-Boom".

- Added AH-1 "Hydra 52".

- Added AH-1W "SuperCobra Hydra".

- Added AH-1W "SuperCobra TOW".

- Added UH-1D "Slick". Openable doors + AGM fast rope compatible

- Added UH-1C "XM-16AS".

- Added UH-1C "XM-21AS".

- Added UH-1N "Slick". Openable doors + AGM fast rope compatible

- Added UH-1N "Black". Openable doors + AGM fast rope compatible

- Added UH-1N "Gau Gatling".

- Added UH-1N "Gau-19 X2".

- Added UH-1N "Gunship".

- Added UH-1N "Hydra".

- Added UH-1N "TOW".

- Added UH-1Y "TOW".

- Added UH-1Y "Venom .50Cal".

Download links can be found on the first page.

The unbinarised file will be ready next week.

Awesome work man! Are 412 changes still planned for future release?

Great update, this huey pack is really shaping up to be something awesome. :)

Noticed a couple of issues:

There is lot of entries in the unit list under blufor and empty that will make the game CTD.

dSsHSKr.jpg[/img]

The default FOV values is to high. Both in first and third person mode the view is "pushed too much back" so everything looks out of proportions.

It's not good in BIS aircrafts either so it may be some underlaying engine quirks out of your control? but it looks even more extreme in this mod.

Default view 3d person in bell412, looks like playing on wrong aspect ratio, everything is very stretched:

s2rFefv.jpg[/img]

Zoomed in look like it should be by default, no warped objects:

gdAfRir.jpg[/img]

Same in first person view, pilot view is to far back. I understand it is necessary with a bit wider FOV for situational awareness , but these high FOV values seems a bit extreme when it distort the image so much.

Look at the monitors in the cockpit, they are supposed to be the same size:

Vg0eLlA.jpg[/img]

This whole FOV/camera issue may be a more general arma discussion though as other aircraft mods and BIS models have some of the same issues.

Arma 2 had a better take on it with a normal FOV as default, and you could "zoom" in and out with 'numpad +-'.

Sorry if this may be the wrong thread to bring it up.

Great work with a bit of work to the engine blocks to make the UH-1N and AH-1W look like their real world builds this mod will be amazing.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/4/7/5/1594574.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a7/US_Navy_050405-M-1195M-013_An_AH-1W_Super_Cobra_assigned_to_Golden_Eagles_of_HMM-162,_provides_security_for_the_USS_Kearsarge_(LHD_3)_Expeditionary_Strike_Group.jpg

I notice with your ones there are a few inaccuracies at the engine block, but they're easy fixes if you ever decided to want to fix them.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

great work!

do you want to join on UNSUNG MOD? ;) the X series are beautiful needed only of good m60 model and air cavalry insignia

Is there any way to change the optics on the the whiskey? The spherical optics coupola automatically makes me think Zulu when I see it. Id love to see the whiskeys with the conical optical assembly. Also, why does the whiskey have miniguns on the wings? That is not a weapons configuration used my the Marnie Corps.

@Foxhound and @Sonsalt6

Thank you for updating your sites.:)

@abates56

I'll keep trying to improve the engines.

@Bullet Purveyor

I'm very puzzled by your screenshots. My own screens look nothing like that. I do get a little distortion when I look around in the cockpit, but my outside view looks normal.

@Upchuk

You can change the config-files to use a different optics-solution.

The miniguns on the AH-1W are what I could get working. I failed to make different rocket/missile-types working on the same helicopter.

The advanced flight model is not in my plans at the moment. I simply don't know how to implement it.:confused:

I am not sure, but I think Kimi(geraldbolso1899) might be able to help, I believe he added the AFM to a Huey for his HAFM upgrade. If not, maybe try asking some of the 15MEU(SOC) members, I believe they also added AFM to the Yankee and Zulu

Edited by Doctrench

The advanced flight model is not in my plans at the moment. I simply don't know how to implement it.:confused:

try to add this to your model , but you need to play with the values ....

class RotorLibHelicopterProperties
 {
  RTDconfig = "A3\Air_F_Beta\Heli_Transport_02\RTD_Heli_Transport_02.xml";
  autoHoverCorrection[] = {4.7,3.8,0};
  defaultCollective = 0.665;
  retreatBladeStallWarningSpeed = 92.583;
  maxTorque = 4014;
  stressDamagePerSec = 0.0033333332;
  maxHorizontalStabilizerLeftStress = 10000;
  maxHorizontalStabilizerRightStress = 10000;
  maxVerticalStabilizerStress = 10000;
  horizontalWingsAngleCollMin = 0;
  horizontalWingsAngleCollMax = 0;
  maxMainRotorStress = 185000;
  maxTailRotorStress = 30000;
 };

or rtd from B_Heli_Light_01_F (no wheels)

Edited by dragonsyr

On startup it throws ~1500 lines in the RPT of:

Error: Bone cheek_lf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
Error: Bone nose_tip doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
Error: Bone lip_uplb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
Error: Bone jaw_ls doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
Error: Bone lip_uplf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

Which I think are from bad entries in some of the .RTM animations.

how far the UH1D German Heer is advanced version? :)

Edited by GamerOnkel

@Upchuk

You can change the config-files to use a different optics-solution.

The miniguns on the AH-1W are what I could get working. I failed to make different rocket/missile-types working on the same helicopter.

Sorry if I was unclear. I meant the actual optics assembly on the helo on the nose. The Whiskey has one that looks like a cone vs the sphere that the Zulu has. I was wondering if you could adjust the 3d model to change the sensors on the front of the chopper.

Also for the armament question, I know the AH-1E(?) You released had 2 types of rockets(unguided and guided). If you can do that on the Whiskey then it would be a good since the Whiskey uses the APKWS II system which is a guidance system that attaches to the hydra 70 to make it laser guided. Might be a good weapons option until you can get TOWs and rockets working together.

Hey GrumpyRhino!

These Hueys are lovely, I've just started working on a 1960's themed mission/scenario loosely based on Operation Dragon Rouge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Dragon_Rouge

and these brilliant choppers will feature heavily. I thought I'd just post a little teaser as the helicopters look particular lovely in the African sunshine! The vid won't play in USA sadly due to copyright issues with the Wagner music but I'm uploading to my dropbox and will add a link.

Thanks again for these great vehicles!

Edit: Dropbox link for USA viewers - watch in preview to view directly rather than download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vy1f8hfv7ag83fz/Charlie_Don%27t_Surf.avi?dl=0

Edited by twangydave

Regarding the AFM: I'm focusing on other aspects of the mod for now, I'll get back to the AFM at a later time.

@PabstMirror

I'm using animations from previous Arma games, maybe they are not 100% compatible with Arma 3?

Replacing all the animations with Arma 3 animations will take some time. I hope I don't have to do that.

@GamerOnkel

I currently don't have more plans for the UH-1D. Except if ColonelHartigan is able to create a HEER texture, then it will get that.

@Upchuk

I'll try and alter the nose-shape into a more cone-like shape.

The first Cobra fired all rocket-types from the same memory-point, I hope to make each weapon have their own.

@twangydave

I'm happy to see you enjoy the helicopters.:)

I have been trying to improve the engine-part of the UH-1N's, sadly it didn't turn out well. I'll have to think of some other way to do it.

Edited by GrumpyRhino
Spelling.

I have a couple of issues.

The UH-1H, and possibly other variants, have main rotor blades that can withstand multiple impacts from hard objects like telephone poles without taking any damage.

Pressing the "eject" button sends occupants upwards into the rotor blades, destroying them.

Finally, the AH-1W Super Cobra has no armor on its glass, which can be penetrated by even 9mm bullets. The AH-1W should have glass that is armored against small arms fire.

Can I ask that you could include the "Glow Worm" Huey? The one with a Sun Search Light and a Minigun :Allways wanted to do a SAR Mission in the dark-that may happen now.

One with Fast Rope,ability to throw smoke grenades,and prefably,a simple Auto-pilot that can be set to Hold Speed and Hold Altitude.

That is very important! Ai that can fly in a circle ,like the AC-130 Gunship is prefered.

If you have got the time ,offcourse.

Thanks for a Great Mod!

Hey Grumpy, been any progress on this? I love your mod and would love to see what is new! Keep up the great work.

Sorry for my slow responses here. Here's a little update on what is happening:

I haven't made any progress with the Cobra's. All of my modification attempts had have a bad result.:(

Experiments with a mounted searchlight have shown potential.

I'm currently experimenting with content from the recently released Take On Helicopters files. There's a lot of interesting stuff. I will create a new Huey based on the medium helicopter from TOH.

UH-1H work in progress: picture1 picture2

UH-1N work in progress: picture1 picture2

I plan on releasing the new Huey's in a pack of their own. I expect to have something playable ready by the end of July.