cleggy

British Ridgback PPV

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the replies

Grats to Miller, Sonsalt and Foxhound - excellent service as always.

looking forward to trying it out once I get home.

Thanks mate.

Let me know what you think.

Do you plan to open the second hatch ?

Well, El - it's a bit like 'screen nudity' - I'll only do it if it's essential to the plot:p

great update, but it needs tfr support badly

tfr == taskforce arrowhead radio?

Badly == badly? If that's all I have to worry about then I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t.:p

Afaik compatibility is just a couple of lines of config.

If someone would like to supply me with said config entry then it's a done deal ...

(I'm to stupid to work it out for myself).

tf_RadioType_api = "tf_rt1523g";

tf_hasLRradio_api = 1; // 1 = true, 0 = false

tf_isolatedAmount_api = 0.2;

yeah as far as right now that's the only thing that I recognized while testing. My group can just not really use it without task force radio support. One radio for the driver and one for the gunner should be fine. Another one for the commander (thanks btw for making the seat next to the driver as commander) would be nice but is not really needed, maybe you can even give him the A/N ARC 210. One minor thing would be an option for the gunner to look above his acog to not always have to have that level of magnification.

Edited by stoffl

tf_RadioType_api = "tf_rt1523g";

tf_hasLRradio_api = 1; // 1 = true, 0 = false

tf_isolatedAmount_api = 0.2;

You the man, soldierman! Thanks, this is so much easier than doing it yourself:)

yeah as far as right now that's the only thing that I recognized while testing. My group can just not really use it without task force radio support. One radio for the driver and one for the gunner should be fine. Another one for the commander (thanks btw for making the seat next to the driver as commander) would be nice but is not really needed, maybe you can even give him the A/N ARC 210. One minor thing would be an option for the gunner to look above his acog to not always have to have that level of magnification.

Sorry Stoffl this is something beyond by knowledge atm. Does soldierman's config give you what you want?

I have no way of knowing and no way of testing:butbut:

Regarding the acog do you mean like an iron sight view or something?

because he can look over if not using the optics mode:confused:

Regarding the acog do you mean like an iron sight view or something?

because he can look over if not using the optics mode:confused:

I believe he means looking through the CQB backup sight mounted on the top of the ACOG sights.

Anyone else getting no penetration with the .50 cal? Attempted to shoot through building walls one night while rockin' it in Insurgency with a few friends, and the fifty just wouldn't drop the guy inside.

Hmm I did try and destroy a hemtt truck with it and couldn't?

Sorry Stoffl this is something beyond by knowledge atm. Does soldierman's config give you what you want?

I have no way of knowing and no way of testing:butbut:

Do I have permission to quickly make amendment to your cfg and send it to you once tested?

I find the gunner's view to be perfectly fine. Doesn't need any changing IMHO. It's awesome to have some magnification. Cleggy, could you up the ammo for the HMG? Three belts is not nearly enough. Could you do three belts of each type that you have there already? That would seem like a better "combat load".

You still get stuck when to going into the rear camera view with no obvious way out.

stoffl, you could always do an "additem" to the init field of the vehicle and add whatever radios to the inventory. I suspect diff groups all use diff TFR radios anyway so hardcoding any specific type doesn't seem like the best solution. Or are you meaning to integrate those kinds of radios into the vehicle itself?

Great vehicle, love how it handles like a heavy beast. Not the first on race day, but will handle an IED or two :ok:

Awesome stuff you've done here cleggy!:yay:

if you want to add an AN/ARC210 then just add this in the top of your base class :

tf_RadioType_api="tf_anarc210";

tf_hasLRradio_api=1;

tf_isolatedAmount_api=0.5;

For a RT1523 :

tf_RadioType_api="tf_rt1523g";

tf_hasLRradio_api=1;

You also can define it directly into the class you want like that:

class My_VEH: My_VEH_Base

{

author = "Me";

tf_RadioType_api="tf_anarc210"; //tf_rt1523g

tf_hasLRradio_api=1;

blablabla config stuff ......

Regards.

I just also realized that the gunner is not protected against small arms fire. The metal around him does not protect him at all, unfortunately

To get out of rear view camera - press "M" for Map or I found that "]" also worked (that's right square bracket)

Handling seems really good and the internal textures are great.

Do you want some help with getting the outside a woodland colour ? - As offered I'm sure Arka or Howl would be able to do a good job for you ?

Looks fantastic and is a real nice addition to the BAF.

Thanks for all your had work Cleggy.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies!

Some weird bugs appearing now!

I believe he means looking through the CQB backup sight mounted on the top of the ACOG sights.

Ah, yes, thanks - I'm not a 'weapons' guy but I'll have a look at it.

Anyone else getting no penetration with the .50 cal?

Very odd, I'm inheriting from the vanilla HMG so I'll have to do some testing to see what's going on.:confused:

Do I have permission to quickly make amendment to your cfg and send it to you once tested?

Np, thanks for the PM

Cleggy, could you up the ammo for the HMG?

I was waiting for someone to complain about the ammo! Easy enough to fix, thanks.

if you want to add an AN/ARC210 then just add this in the top of your base class

Thank you for elaborating on the tfar issue, MrEwok. I still don't understand how you give a particular crew member a particular radio though?

I just also realized that the gunner is not protected against small arms fire. The metal around him does not protect him at all, unfortunately

I'll take a look at the FireGeo, thanks.

Do you want some help with getting the outside a woodland colour ?

If your people are 'up for it' then I certainly have no objection. I am trying to improve my 'texturing skillz'

but it may take a while. I'll PM you SJ if that's all right - and see what we can do.

Thanks for all your had work Cleggy.

Glad you like it so far!

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Hmm I did try and destroy a hemtt truck with it and couldn't?

Just had a play around with the .50 cal at my end and I have no problem destroying everything from an SUV through an Ifrit to a HEMTT.

The Jackals are tough little Shi'ites tho:)

Dare I suggest, (and I say this in a whisper) that's it's SEP?

As in 'Someone Else's Problem'?

As far as i know you can only give a radio to the vehicle this way. But there probably a way to script it, But not sure i'ts really usefull trought (players can obviously load a LR radio inside the PPV and use it when on cargo)

If you want there is all the functions, variables, and infos for developpers on their wiki : task force arma3 radio wiki

Hey cleggy i've been playing around with this mod for a few days now and i've noticed something that is really game breaking if you play arma like i do (milsim) the windows are incredibly weak about half a clip to a clip of 5.56 will completely break the window this is a big deal when you vs AI i think we all know they are accurate so just wondering if that could be changed at all?

If you want there is all the functions, variables, and infos for developpers on their wiki

Thank you MrEwok - some 'light reading' before bedtime ...:)

the windows are incredibly weak so just wondering if that could be changed at all

Thanks for trying it out.

I did toughen up the glass for the version 2 release. I can juggle with it some more - but how tough should bullet RESISTANT (not bullet PROOF) glass be?

No sell Half a clip to a clip of 5.56 seems pretty formidable, imho.

I think the HMG's belt capacity should be increased though.

Otherwise an excellent vehicle.

I did toughen up the glass for the version 2 release. I can juggle with it some more - but how tough should bullet RESISTANT (not bullet PROOF) glass be?

No such thing as Bullet proof glass, that's an advertising term really. It's bullet resistant, but even the thickest sheet still has a threshold. Now apparently the armour on the Ridgeback is classified, but I'd speculate that it's graded to resist a 50. cal bullet. Based on this video:

Thank you MrEwok - some 'light reading' before bedtime ...:)

No idea just feels alot weaker than vanilla vehicles which is what my group is stuck with for now haha

Using this vehicle a lot in WLA, by complete chance when i asked my ai to get in the LMG gunner got into top cover and turned the vehicle into even more of a beast which i never thought of doing before :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/huJTQ6U.jpg (806 kB)

Thanks for the replies.

Nice screenshot AVFC

yes, there are a ton of surprises with my stuff - most of them unpleasant!

Two questions:

Is he actually 'resting' that weapon - (if so, how)?

Do the AI actually fire the damn thing? - I've had mixed results...