cleggy

British Ridgback PPV

I meant they literally don't have side doors at all - this is how they looked when they were delivered to the UK for TES conversion work by NP Aerospace:

o2h4iPx.jpg

MhEQl1i.jpg

As you can see, there is no seam for a door

IIRC Mastiff 1 did have the doors same as Cougar (or at least the first few did). But as Slatts said they were covered over the by the internal and external up-armour fit so you had no way of opening them. By the time Mastiff 2 and Ridgback were ordered they'd just decided not to even bother building the doors in - saved cost and reduced weak points in the hull.

Mastiff 3 benefited from improved doors (better design for the sills making them less of a weak-point) and a door-friendly add-on armour setup that was developed for Wolfhound. Retaining the side doors was necessary on Wolfhound since it has a cargo bed taking up the rear. The extra egress routes provided by the side doors were seen as a benefit by the time Mastiff 3 rolled out so the decision was taken to adopt the design that had been used on Wolfhound.

enableManualFire = 0; In either the vehicle config , or the commanders turret.

Thank you,sir.

Small update:

fixed: commander can no longer use manual fire

fixed: HMG ACOG now has fixed zoom - although I could do with knowing a 'realistic' zoom level?

fixed: commander no longer has a 'frozen' optics view (not reported but it's been annoying me for a while):)

Keep them coming please - these are the things you don't always spot when testing on your own.

fixed: HMG ACOG now has fixed zoom - although I could do with knowing a 'realistic' zoom level?

We fit either a 4x or 6x ACOG to the sight bracket for the HMG. Since the BAF HMG you've used has a 4x, it makes sense to leave it at that.

50. Cal has a too fast rate of fire, it should be around 500 rounds/min.

reloadtime = 0.12;

Anyway, nicework here, I'll just wait for a better inside texturing before using it for our community.

This Is a great mod, thank you for your time and effort put Into It!

It would be 100% complete for my group If we had a green version also but I understand your reasons and am still grateful to receive such a great mod!

oO Para Oo, one of the people who cooperates with Armaholic to create videos for the Armaholic Youtube Channel, released a review video of your British Ridgback PPV addon :)

We hope everyone will leave their feedback in the video comments, like the video and/or subscribe to our channel!

In case anyone sees this and he/she makes videos and is also interested to cooperate with Armaholic feel free to sent me a message here or on Armaholic!

We fit either a 4x or 6x ACOG to the sight bracket for the HMG. Since the BAF HMG you've used has a 4x, it makes sense to leave it at that.

Cheers, Redders, I don't know how a 4 x magnification translates into config values so I've use the numbers from the Jackal. Hope that will do?

reloadtime = 0.12;

Anyway, nicework here, I'll just wait for a better inside texturing before using it for our community.

I'm using the vanilla HMG_M2, so the reload time comes from that I think? Not sure I want to reconfigure the weapon just yet.

I don't blame you for not using it, but I can't help thinking you're missing out on all the fun of a 'bug hunt'.:)

Thanks for the preview, Foxhound. A bit bit premature maybe considering the state it's in but appreciated non the less.

btw, that's not a Ridgback on the intro picture. It's a Foxhound, Foxhound.:p

I don't know how a 4 x magnification translates into config values so I've use the numbers from the Jackal. Hope that will do?

It's kind of subjective anyway, depending on what you consider to be the games true representation of 1x magnification. The game's default unsighted view has three different 'zoom' levels, but all are meant to represent 1x magnification.

The 'zoomed in' state best represents the kind of resolution that the human eye is capable of seeing when looking at things over intermediate distances and gives a more natural sense of relative scale (consider if your monitor/TV was a window with you sat however far you sit from it - how big would a house look if it was 200m away from you, how big the rifle in your hands etc. - how clearly can you see the details of those objects), but the FOV is severely limited making it hard to play.

The 'zoomed out' view gives you something closer to the 60-degrees of focused vertical FOV that human eyesight has. However, fitting that on the narrower FOV of a screen means the resolution of distant objects is crap and you get a sort of "fish eye" effect going on.

The default state is a compromise somewhere in the middle that is more optimal for gameplay. I think the default unsighted FOV in Arma 3 is ~ 0.75 (default FOVTop value in the User.Arma3Profile) so here 4x magnification would be 0.75/4 = 0.1875

Personally though I use the 'zoomed in' unsighted FOV as the baseline for 1x magnification. In the real world, optical clarity is king on weapon sights so I feel it's best to use the maximum resolution that the Arma 3 soldier's Mk.1 eyeball is capable of as your starting point. The FOV for this setting is somewhere between 0.35 and 0.375 (the latter is "the zoomed in" setting on most of BIS' 1x optics when sighted) but empirically I've found it to be around 0.3712 with the weapon unsighted. So here 4x magnification would be something like 0.3712/4 = 0.0928

Edited by da12thMonkey

Blooming heck, Da12th, I'll take your word for it and give 0.0928 a go!:)

I've also had a stab at reconfiging the M2 as per this gents suggestion:

reloadtime = 0.12;

and changed the display name to L2A1. Does that seem right?

Cyclic for the HMG is 450-500RPM. I've got an HMG config somewhere I can PM you if you'd like to take a look.

As for the displayname, the designation for the HMG, from the Pamphlet is L111A1.

Very nice Cleggy :)

Small bug report for you.

The windows offer very little protection from small arms fire. Those occupying the front seats are very vulnerable.

Could maybe do with a little more toughness to overall armour and wheels too.

Really liked the flat tire effect. It was still drivable enough with one flat and one severly damaged tyre, too extract ones arse out of contact. (very handy)

Contrary to oO para Oo I thought the turning circle was decent enough for such a big armoured vehicle,

was pretty easy to navigate through city streets with only the odd corner proving to be harder but not impossible to get round.

More brit kit is always good :D

I don't blame you for not using it, but I can't help thinking you're missing out on all the fun of a 'bug hunt'.:)

I just got used not to upload addons before first debugging runs. But ArmA 3 lacks of nice MRAPs, we'll finally give it a try on our next thursday evening mission.

Thanks for the replies.

As for the displayname, the designation for the HMG, from the Pamphlet is L111A1.

Now I'm confused. I think I'll just call it 'Shooting Stick: Squaddie for the use of' and leave it at that!

My mistake on the thumbnail.

No worries. I'm amazed at how different it looks running on another PC.

On mine it's so dark when in the drivers position you can hardly see the dash.

Is that down to lighting on the island or a just a gamma thing?

The windows offer very little protection from small arms fire. Those occupying the front seats are very vulnerable.

Could maybe do with a little more toughness to overall armour and wheels too.

I was afraid I was making it too tough! In testing an RPG42 won't kill it and the windows take ~ four shots to fail

which I thought was OK? The wheels look pretty vulnerable to me too. If this sort of thing is not happening for you then

maybe my *cough* 'Custom Damage Modelling' isn't working.:(

we'll finally give it a try on our next thursday evening mission.

Thank you, but don't break your community rules on my account!:)

Hey cleggy,

thank you for this great addon, we had a blast playing with it today. We`ve also made some videos and pictures. The Mission was played in Sangin Province with serval other mods as well.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/ty0hR; http://taskforce47.de/gallery/userImages/8c/253-8c73b934.jpg

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo3PAsoepw8

Chris

Edited by christian2526

Thanks Chris.

Looked like a 'bumpy' ride!

I'm working on an update at the moment (which will actually have some textures)!:)

I'm working on an update at the moment (which will actually have some textures)!

Great to hear! Thanks a lot for your continuous work at this great vehicle!

Thanks a lot for your continuous work

Well I can't just leave it 'half done' ... I've got my reputation as an Orificer and a Gentleman to think of!

Interior textures are done so I might release an update with those, although now I've got a 'taste' for texturing

I wan't to improve the external textures as well.

This, however may take a while .... I'm not the fastest worker in the world.:p

Interior textures are done so I might release an update with those

Rainbow is eagerly waiting!

This, however may take a while .... I'm not the fastest worker in the world.

Patience, patience...

We all have a life... somewhere out there :)

Hello dear reader

The first page has been updated with a link to version 2 of the Ridgback.

I've made some config changes thanks to feedback/suggestions from various forum members

so it should feel more nimble / more protected etc.

also I've got my skinny ar*e into gear and textured the interior.

For the next update I'm planning to improve the exterior textures

so stay tuned to this channel ...

cheers

Ah nice one Cleggy, looking forward to trying it out once I get home.

Hey Cleggy.

Thank you for this update, the new interior is a gem, I love it.

Do you plan to open the second hatch ?

I'll send you a report as soon as we get our boots back in it ;)