Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

H1z1

Is this another case of a potential BIS competitor delivering nothing but shit?

Watch this hillarious first impression review brought to you by Mack :D

Ok, so at least WarZ is no longer the worst zombie game release state ever :p

Awesome review, saved me £15 cause it looks terrible.

When you have Pay to win packs in the survival game then the whole gameplay is a waste of time

Survival is about looking for food , finding weapons/ammo and fighting against zombies or other players ,but then suddenly some a-hole with p2w pack kills everyone and repeat !

:p

Yeah it is absolutelly undermining the purpose of the game. "I´m starving and can´t find anything to eat, better pay for a crate drop" REALLY?

The gamer are going to have an overdose, too many survival game now in the computer market. Nearly none of them are in a finish state. I would advise gamer to really think before buying anything.

Early access, free to play yet it costs 14.99, and it's pay to win. All the prerequisites for worst possible case scenario are there. And why, why - by the Canaanite gods - would someone release something with path-finding issues such as this, even if it's early access??

And why, why - by the Canaanite gods - would someone release something with path-finding issues such as this, even if it's early access??

Are we talking about H1z1 or the multi-colored hat simulator Dayz SA ? :dance1:

Are we talking about H1z1 or the multi-colored hat simulator Dayz SA ? :dance1:

At least they sometimes find and hit the player in DayZ. I think.

At least they sometimes find and hit the player in DayZ. I think.

They do. I think the DayZ SA had much more content then H1Z1 when it was released. It's the first time now I am watching gameplay-footage and I am just shocked by the look. This is a little bit to much "retro-look"...

It's the first time now I am watching gameplay-footage and I am just shocked by the look. This is a little bit to much "retro-look"...

It's the "we didn't have time to find enough stock 3d models from after 2005" look.

Well the ingame shops seems to be very polished, kind of tells you where their priorities are.

SOE is a bullshit company captained by a bullshit artist who is also 'The enemy of all gamers', John Smedley.

They tried to monetize SWG (after wrecking it in several other ways, CU and ultimately NGE) with the TCG (Trading card game) - essentially unregulated gambling.

They also destroyed Vanguard and ultimately introduced chests that you had to pay real money to unlock (again, unregulated gambling).

Now this fucking travesty that is blatantly P2W and was also blatantly marketed to the public as anything but.

Make no mistake, they offered refunds because they were legally obliged to. Steam does not refund easily (if ever) and that may change in the EU as it is being challenged by consumer groups, but here in North America, once you hit 'Buy now', short of there being some massive game breaking fault or outright lying (as in the case of H1Z1), you aren't getting your money back.

As for the shop being polished, I can only restate that the same things went on with Vanguard and SWG, constant updates for their gambling mechanisms while bugs that had been around for years (despite being constantly reported and re-reported) were never fixed.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this train wreck of a company and the horseshit double speak that spews forth from Smedley.

I guess SOE won't fire him because he generates income (no matter how nefarious the manner in which he does it) but he has done no end of damage to the SOE brand and H1Z1 has certainly done nothing to diminish that.

/rant off ;)

**EDIT**

It's as if Sony heard me ;)

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/sony_sells_sony_online_entertainment.html

Edited by BangTail