cyrokrypto

CSSA3 - A Spectator Script for Arma 3

Using this great script for all missions, but get this error when I die, and it stays on screen for the duration of the mission: http://img42.com/jviWM

And we cannot spectate anyone but the leaders of groups, no other names show up in the left panel.

Is there anyway to set the number of re-spawns a player can have before going into this cam?

Is there anyway to set the number of re-spawns a player can have before going into this cam?

Not by default. This should be quite easy to add to a mission yourself. Keep in mind that respawning is based on the vanilla respawn system. You can easily manipulate respawning by just changing the respawn time of a player (setPlayerRespawnTime).

An easy way to do it would be to set the mission respawn time to 10, create a global variable which indicates the amount of lives a player has, then reduce that variable in an onPlayerKilled event handler. If the variable <= 0, setPlayerRespawnTime 9999999999;

I'll look at adding this functionality in a later version.

---------- Post added at 00:41 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

Using this great script for all missions, but get this error when I die, and it stays on screen for the duration of the mission: http://img42.com/jviWM

And we cannot spectate anyone but the leaders of groups, no other names show up in the left panel.

Thanks for the report, this issue should be resolved in the next version (which is still very much being worked on by the way, work has unfortunately just gotten in the way). The next version has some new features like a free movable third person camera and improved map marker system.

Edited by Cyrokrypto

I have updated and revised the translation to spanish. I would like to share it with you

https://bitbucket.org/Zriel/arma-3-mission-template/src/0a392c106a19fca4bfa752471db5f235ec06411d/stringtable.xml?at=master

Search for <Project name="CSSA3"and you will have all there

Thanks for this wonderfull system!

That is fantastic, thanks!

I feel really bad for not updating CSSA3 in a while, I'll see if I can push to get the next version out ASAP.

Hey. Is it possible to make it work with default respawn menu?

If you change the default respawn time, it may work, though I haven't tested it.

I wanted to post a bug, if you have the ACE3 NV enabled when dying (which adds a blurr effect) it will remain when in the spectator mode.

Also, it happens with Bohemia Revive (which gives a red aura in the screen when dead). Anyone knows how to dlete/disable applied onscreen effects?

Hey man, I used your script a ton back in February-April. I really hope you update it as since I've had to try other spectator scripts that have their own quirks and annoyances. Best of luck!

I like this script, its easy to work with and plug into.

The gui is well thought out and easy to use.

Kudos.

I use it as a 1st person only player side spectate while the player is awaiting revive, much better than just having players look at the grass infront of their eyes.

:)

Hey,

I just wanted to ask if you could help me with a problem.

When i run the script it says "Resource CSSA3_openMain not found".

What should I do?