Sign in to follow this  
AgentJonathan

Weapon On Back for AI?

I've searched for days on this issue, and can't really seem to find any results. Using setbehavior doesn't work like it did back in the good ol' OFP days anymore, so I've sorta met my end right there. I'm revisiting some light mission creation, but I haven't done this in a long time, and I've never had any of the Arma games after Cold War Assault, so the coding has changed a bit.

I also think I understand that putting your weapon on your back is no longer a command in ArmA, which would be terrible, but it wasn't easy to understand.

Forgive me, I know this had to have been asked before, but I conformed to forum laws, and I did in fact search for it, as well as browse the internet for days beforehand as well. Anyone have the answer I'm looking for? I just need a simple code, or way to set an AI with their weapons put away, via the editor.

Yes, unit having their rifle on back doesn't work anymore since ArmA.

If you don't need the unit walking around with their rifle on back like in the old days, you can make it play an animation like "UnaErc_UnaErcPoslechVelitele"

The animation you should call in a trigger, or in a script with:

unitname switchMove "UnaErc_UnaErcPoslechVelitele";

If you want to make sure the unit switching the animation back to default, you can lock it with:

unitname disableAI "ANIM";

Hope this helps :-)

I suppose it does help, but not with me wanting units to have their weapons put away. Oh well, I'll cope without it. :(