Sign in to follow this  
 EO

Arma 3 on SSD Mods on HDD? Possible?

Hi folks, sorry if this has been asked a 1000 times....is it possible to have Arma 3 installed on an SSD, mods on a HDD, would the game run properly this way?

It does, just keep in mind that it may slow down you Arma 3 startup process, if you use large mods.

mines on SSD and mods on HDD doesnt seem to affect anything for me

mines on SSD and mods on HDD doesnt seem to affect anything for me

That depends on the mods. Especially big ones, like maps, should be on the SDD, in my opinion. They are constantly read from the drive.

Thanks for the comments guys, since i posted the thread i have experimented with a few mods, mostly SP friendly mods, TPW, bcombat and have found no problems.

I also tried out DragonFyre and SOS sound mods and both performed well...again thanks for the help guys.

Wait... i thought the mods had to be in the same folder. Is it possible to load mods from outside the folder? (this may explain some issues im having in the exact setup as op described)

Wait... i thought the mods had to be in the same folder. Is it possible to load mods from outside the folder? (this may explain some issues im having in the exact setup as op described)

They don't need to. I've got my mods in an extra "mod" folder. However, I'm not using the original A3 Lauchner.