hcpookie

Improved Pandur Units

Pook, you can get these models, and textures with the Arma sample content :) The ACR textures are a different download and come in PBOs but you can just simply unPBO it and there you go :)

http://tr4.bistudio.com/A2SM_Data_APL.zip

http://tr4.bistudio.com/ALDP_A2OADLC_PBOs_APL.zip

Slatts, YOU DA MAN!

My copy of the sample models does NOT include the textures... I thank you SO MUCH for this! :)

@ ACE discussion... yes Egg pretty much nailed it. ACE alters root config settings that are also altered by other things, and the reliance upon the weapons and certain config items in the RangeMaster pack means less hassle and better integration for the Pandurs.

Slatts, YOU DA MAN!

My copy of the sample models does NOT include the textures... I thank you SO MUCH for this! :)

Second link has them :)

Slat armor! I managed to get it working using the handleDamage EH. It makes a simple calculation and modifies the damage made by rocket launcher weapons, within certain calculations. 10% chance the slat armor will not protect against incoming rockets based on research of real world information. Typical standard RPG takes about 6 hits to destroy the vehicle. Other weapon types (class missile, etc) are not affected by the armor. So your Metis, Javelin, etc. will still be effective.

Some (most) of the AT-specific warheads will not be susceptible to slat armor defense, again based on real world research. So the RPG-7 VR for example may only take 1 or 2 hits. Same with the MAAWS and a few others.

There won't be many versions with the slat armor... it requires so many changes to the model I will reduce the number of uparmored types to perhaps only one or two for now. The "patrol" nature of the uparmored vehicles implies models like the AT, AA, etc. would not reasonably be equipped with it.

we use features that will be broken by ACE, and ACE uses features that will be broken by our mod. it's not entirely our fault, or in our power to fix.

I didnt say its anyones fault, I just asked if it is possible to make separate download just for Pandurs. Simple "No" is answer enough for me.

Test results with reshade/recolor of the original texture... not too bad for a first run!

camotest1.jpg

more tests...

Duala

dualacamotest.jpg

CDF

cdfcamotest.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

Now that "version 1" is released via the RangeMaster pack here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181303-BAFX-and-Rangemaster-mod-packs-released

... I wanted to show what's coming in "version next"....

slat armor versions:

slatarmorvers1.jpg

and a turret version w/ auto cannon, very similar to what the Portuguese have adopted:

sp30_2.jpg

I'm also researching the 90mm / 105mm maingun versions to see what we can do.

Edited by hcpookie

Its great to see A2CO still getting love from talented mod/addon makers. Its much appreciated by the players I'm sure, certainly by me. Thanks.

Progress on the turret model... based on the SP30 but lets' just call it the SP30 model :) The pic 2 posts above edited to show detail, also this one showing progress on the internal cage. Inset shows the visor cover of the main optic system that is engine-activated. "Loader/Spotter" seat has an MG3 (aka M53 by Yugo naming conventions) instead of the Minimi. That's from the ACR Dingo vehicle. Not convinced its detail is that good, but it is a nice change from the Belgian gun :)

sp30_1.jpg

Other features of the SP30 turret model:

- the turret internals move with the turret.

- Articulated hatches for both gunner and "loader".

- Commander hatch doesn't open due to turret interference.

- Carries 6x cargo.

- Smoke launchers on turret.

- Slat Armor SP30 version is also planned.

Link to the real deal on which this one is based: http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product2289.html

A 90 / 105mm model is still planned, as is a mortar carrier version.

Completed SP30 turret models.

Currently 5 different slat armor versions... SP30, Mk19, M2, M2 RWS, RCWS-30

Also completed mortar carrier version, and MGS version.

updates1.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

wow, is that an M68 105mm gun? if so, sweet as i have made all the ammo for that already.

In honestly I haven't researched which gun it uses in Real Life. I know the Portuguese have adopted MGS models, however I'm sure it isn't called an MGS. Since we are familiar with the MGS Styker I chose to call it that for convenience. The only reference I can find is the Wikipedia article that states the variant in use is:

Veículo com peça de 105mm – Variant with 105mm gun turret, either Oto Melara HITFACT or Cockerill CT-CV.

(Portuguese Army: 30)

Therefore I must assume the turret to be the "Oto Melara HITFACT" or "Cockerill CT-CV". It is still a 105mm gun like the Mobile Gun System on the Stryker. I guess I could rename it the "Pandur (105mm)" instead of calling it the "MGS" model...

"Release Candidate" ready for testing... only things that remain MAY be some minor issues, but overall should be ready to go.

Not a chance for stowing the RCWS-30. I'm making changes/updates to those things that are currently broken, especially the driver views. Very close to being complete... we'll do some more testing on the RangeMaster server most likely this weekend.

Ah, so the animations to lower/stow the RCWS we're never started by BIS? It's just a "static" model?