Sign in to follow this  
impala174

UK Life Modification

UK Life Mod is currently in progress and we have gotten pretty far in our work. We are looking for a small group of developers to help us get the mod completed in a shorter amount of time. We are also looking for people who know how to make mission files.

Progress:

- Map was not made by us but is being edited to fit our needs, though for the first release we are not worries about the map.

- Vehicles - We have all of the civilian vehicles that a server can ever need, though we need help with the emergency services vehicles.

UK Life Mod is currently in progress and we have gotten pretty far in our work. We are looking for a small group of developers to help us get the mod completed in a shorter amount of time. We are also looking for people who know how to make mission files.

Progress:

- Map was not made by us but is being edited to fit our needs, though for the first release we are not worries about the map.

- Vehicles - We have all of the civilian vehicles that a server can ever need, though we need help with the emergency services vehicles.

1. Who is "we"?

2. Reference?

3. Website?

3. Your "mod" progress is so far but noone even knows how to make... uhm... "mission files"?

4. Did you do these seemingly huge amounts of vehicles yourself? (Modeling, configs, texturing...) If not, did you ask the authors for permission?

I really don't like this whole "life"-scene, but even apart from that, this thread looks extremely shady and suspicious.

Progress:

Fills me with dread. I feel another A3Life fiasco coming on, but would be happy to be proved wrong.

Fills me with dread. I feel another A3Life fiasco coming on, but would be happy to be proved wrong.

Fills me with dread too. I feel another "We're developers who need coders" fiasco. The feature list turns out to be a wishlist.

@impala174

I personally have nothing against these projects or the people who run/play them.It's just another aspect of gaming.Although it's not a subject I'm familiar with.

Unfortunately the activities of A3life staff is linked with the genre on these boards.If you want to engage with members here you'll have to provide more information about your project.Obviously there's no obligation to do so.

But it's the best approach. :)

Sorry for any inconveniences, I was supposed to put a lot more information on this post about the modification. I ended up having more important things to do at the time. This is what is being worked on and who is working on it...

Mod Lead's:

- Myself

Developers:

- Maxjoiner

- Nickolas Silver

=========================

As of developers, we are not desperate for help, but always appreciate

=========================

VEHICLES:

Metropolitan Police:

- Skoda Octavia

- Lanos

- Kia Ceed

- Alfa Romeo

- VW Passat

- Ford Modeo

- Kia Kombi

- Opel Van

- VW Van

- Ford Transit Van

- Fiat Ducato Van

- Mercedes Sprinter Van

Essex Police:

- Skoda Octavia

- Lanos

- Kia Ceed

- Alfa Romeo

- VW Passat

- Ford Modeo

- Kia Kombi

- Opel Van

- VW Van

- Ford Transit Van

- Fiat Ducato Van

- Mercedes Sprinter Van

Border Force:

- Kia Ceed

Royal Guard:

- Fiat Ducato Van

======================================

EMS (Fire & Ambulance)

AMBULANCE:

- Ford Transit Ambulance

- Lublin Ambulance

- Mercedes Sprinter Ambulance

- Opel Ambulance

- Fiat Ducato Ambulance

FIRE:

!!!LISTING SOON!!!

"What is this mod and why should I play it?"

To start out, this mod is a different "Life" mod from the other mods that are out there. Instead of trying to get tons of developers to help make a mod that struggles and begs for money every week to keep the expenses paid for, this server & modification runs entirely different. I decided to start something unique and "never done before" in the ArmA series. The UKLife mod does not run like the other servers out there such as TCG, LifeProject, ArmA3Life, CityLife3, and so many more. Instead of trying to get the biggest server and focusing on more and more selections of addons, I have ported a lot of content from ArmA 2 into ArmA 3 and fixed the bugs that came along with the porting. As far as it comes to ported content, we are in the process of getting permission from all of the creators of the original content. We have currently gotten the map source files from the creator & permission to use the map.

The map we are using for this mod and server is GSEP_Miroslavl. Now if you have played this map before, it has a lot of farmland and nice small cities and towns. We (my development team), are currently working on editing some parts of the map to make a more centralized and large scale UK-styled city with all of the key features of bakeries, clothing shops, police stations, fire departments, and hospitals (just to name a few).

How will the server run? This modded server will run like others, we get the server hosted and the teamspeak running. What we are doing differently is our current provider (which will be unnamed), sells us a teamspeak for a very very low cost (pocket change) for a 24/7 uptime guarantee. Alongside our teamspeak, we will NOT be using Enjin, VBulletin, IP Board, or any other paid website. We feel as this is a waste of money for a service that can be made fairly inexpensive. Now I currently have both IPBoard 4.4.3 and VBulletin that I can use at any time but I will not worry about a website until the modification is ready for beta testing. Our website will be hosted under a proper and paid domain, with FREE hosting. (Thanks to my father's hosting company). We will need donations to keep the server running, but we won't need to ask for anything crazy like $200.00 a month. See below for our running costs.

Why should you play this mod?

This server & mod are a completely different version of the "Life" servers that are out there.

How is this server/mod different?

We are focusing on the clause "less is good". As the further production of our mod continues, we are trying to make the size of the mod smaller and smaller each day, so that people don't have to worry about the game slowing down or wasted space on their computers. The way the "Life" styled mission is being made is somewhat different from others out there. We are focusing more on realism than having these dumb rules.

Examples:

- All players are civilians until they go on "duty" at their workplace. For example, if you are a cop, you are a civilian until you go to a police station, and use a kiosk to change your into your work uniform (uniforms are presets to the current job and position that you currently, or in the past have held). When you are "on-duty", you will proceed to the police station's garage kiosk to choose your patrol car. From there, you are ready to roll.

The jobs that are in the other Life-Server's will be very similar to those in this server though our custom made Life Mission and scripts, including a Stat-Save system, run a little smoother and not so fierce as other servers. We accept ALL types of players to join us when the modification and server are all completed. We have no clue on when the mod & server will be released due to our lack in developers & mission dev's.

Are YOU a developer?

Positions that we are looking for:

- Mission Developer (2)

- Graphic Designer (2)

- Map Editor (Visitor3 Dev)

Are you interested or have what it takes?

Email me at: impala174@gmail.com

Total Cost Per Month = ~ $35.00

Total Per Year = ~ $420.00

(Prices may vary)

Compared to other Life Servers = $140.00 per month for game server, $30.00 for TS3, and $15.00 for Enjin. (Prices are per month) = $2,220.00 Per Year

Edited by impala174

did you get permission from the author to port over miroslavl into arma3?

did you get permission from the author to port over miroslavl into arma3?
...We have currently gotten the map source files from the creator & permission to use the map...

(in the post, 5mins before yours)

So apparently, yes.

Being British I get enough of UK Life when I go outside. This isn't my kind of mod (not a bash at your particular mod, I'm not a fan of ANY of the 'Life' mods), but all the best with it.

To start out, this mod is a different "Life" mod from the other mods that are out there. Instead of trying to get tons of developers to help make a mod that struggles and begs for money every week to keep the expenses paid for, this server & modification runs entirely different. I decided to start something unique and "never done before" in the ArmA series. The UKLife mod does not run like the other servers out there such as TCG, LifeProject, ArmA3Life, CityLife3, and so many more. Instead of trying to get the biggest server and focusing on more and more selections of addons, I have ported a lot of content from ArmA 2 into ArmA 3 and fixed the bugs that came along with the porting. As far as it comes to ported content, we are in the process of getting permission from all of the creators of the original content. We have currently gotten the map source files from the creator & permission to use the map.

I am sorry to say, you do realise your meant to get permission before you edit another persons work.

§19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

LOL @ £35 a month ... gluck with that one. Ride that money train .. woohoo !

Did you want us to pay for the port of cars from arma 2 ?

When i see the hundred of good quality mods that we can get for free (and they have the quality to pretend to be paid !) I'm speechless...

"What is this mod and why should I play it?"

To start out, this mod is a different "Life" mod from the other mods that are out there.

Cool story.

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

Total Per Year = ~ $420.00

Oh, not so different after all.

So, you want money (quite an impressive amount) for content you didn't even made yourself? Well...i won't say any more.

How come all the role playing servers needs money? Most other servers since OFP, A1, A2 and now A3 are free, or have a voluntary donation system to cover the low fee for renting the server.

To be fair to the chap he did specifically say "We will need donations to keep the server running, but we won't need to ask for anything crazy like $200.00 a month. See below for our running costs."

I would perhaps have suggested a change of wording to "We will accept donations to help with server running costs, but we won't need to ask for anything crazy like $200.00 a month. See below for our running costs."

:-)

How come all the role playing servers needs money? Most other servers since OFP, A1, A2 and now A3 are free, or have a voluntary donation system to cover the low fee for renting the server.

SLR3 over at Nss-gamers doesn't act this way ;)