Yes that is true but can ARMA simulate that? I don't know whether it knows the difference between a reload and a load animation.

Ok, first of all, what the fuck is a forward assist? Secondly, you're right Death, I just thought maybe a cocking animation would look cool.

And no play with six, I'm sorry but I've already said that I don't support it, end of discussion.

Kiory a forward assist is a little tap on the cocking handle once the working parts have been let forward. It's to make sure the bolt has been seated properly. It is fallout from the l85A1 where the rounds weren't properly picked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forward assist is when the cocking handle goes forward, you give it a firm but controlled karate chop style motion to the back of the cocking handle, to make sure it is fully forward before you fire. Not hugely relevant to Arma.

So you would tap the bolt into position, and then tap it again and this is known as forward assist?

:Edit:

Oh I see, there's no actual need to forward assist, rather a habit built from doing so from the L85A1, so here's the question, would you guys think it would be cool regardless if it's needed or not to have it animate that way?

Edited by Kiory

So you would tap the bolt into position, and then tap it again and this is known as forward assist?

There's a neat little interactive thing online that where you can click the parts and it'll tell you what they are:

http://www.dlp-prodcont001.mod.uk/U/Common/Cosford-TBT/Web-050/main.htm

The rest of the animations in the app aren't really relevant since it's mostly demonstrating the internal parts and disassembly, but might give some insight into how things move.

The bolt release catch is this little square-ish tab on the left-hand side of the weapon just above the lever you use to change the fire mode. As the name implies, you use this and the bolt is released from the locked-back position and moves forward into the battery position.

Technically, just releasing the bolt with this catch is enough to reload the weapon after fresh magazine is inserted, as under most circumstances it is sufficient to push a new round into the breech. However, to be doubly-sure that the round is fully in battery, it's common practise to reach over and firmly push the cocking handle forward to be certain that the bolt is all the way home. That push is what's known as a "forward assist".

As said before, this forward assist procedure is mainly because on the A1 the buffer springs couldn't always be relied upon to push the bolt all the way into battery and pick up the round from the magazine after releasing the bolt alone. So you very often had to perform that additional step of forward assisting, to make sure the weapon would cycle properly.

Thanks for the information Da12th, I think what I'll have to do is re make the rig I made aaaaages to be more animation friendly, I did a terrible job and it's becoming increasingly more difficult to do more complicated animations.

:Edit:

Oh I see, there's no actual need to forward assist, rather a habit built from doing so from the L85A1, so here's the question, would you guys think it would be cool regardless if it's needed or not to have it animate that way?

Hi Kio, the drill is as follows:

Magazine off (throw it down the front of your smock or into dump pouch), pouch open, new magazine out - inspect the top to ensure rounds seated correctly, magazine on - give a confirmatory tug, press down on bolt release catch (little square in front of change lever), and tap forward on the cocking handle with the pad of the left hand.

Kio, I know you have moved onto the SR25/M110 but any chance you will be releasing whatever polishing you did complete so that we have like, THE up to date version of this pack?

PS.. Loving the SR25, not sure if you're making another thread for it, but it looks awesome.

I'll be making another thread once I'm ready to show it off, As for the update, gimme some time, will be up tomorrow some time.

Looks awesome mate. Shame that the L129A1 doesnt have more similarities with this... awesome none the less.

Kiory, one of the guys bet me a fiver you wouldn't ever release the final patch for the L85 pack. I bet them you would.

Please prove them wrong (I need the monies)! :p

Hey Kiori, i love the L85A2, its hands down the best l85 out there despite all the competition :P. We currently use your old version in our repo, but we have been considering going over to the new one but a few things have been holding us back(Mainly our admins being busy).

1. The UGL has its sights always up, even when its not being used.

2. The Armaholic page says you have the susat in there, but its not(and i even looked through the source for it), so i assume its not coming back and is more legacy description than anything.

3. The elcan sight is really small, especially the numbers, and is hard to look through for its size, not very useful because of it. I've highlighted the difference here.

4. This version doesn't have tracer rounds. Now honestly at least for me this is not an issue, and i think if you were to fix anything, skip this one honestly.

5. The flash suppressor isn't visible , but again no big deal.

Sorry for making it out to be like a long list of complaints, but right now I'm not the one stopping us from getting the new one, and I'd thought giving some feedback on what appears to be a final release from what i can understand.

Hello Kyori! If you like, could make their use L85s magazine 556 Vanilla?

I ask this because of lack of ammunition on the battlefield, where anyone with the L85, may not receive of friend ammo, where this uses another weapon "Mod" and using ammo vanilla 556.

@MisterGoodson, The patch will be released when I'm ready, you'll get your fiver eventually. it just goes to show just how much faith people have in me, good to know, I may not bother supporting this pack in future, ungrateful.

@Poulern Most of your concerns have already been addressed, but I'm currently working on an SR 25, a couple of variants as it happens, that's taking up all of my time for the moment.

@SnakePlissken I will do this too.

@Kiory Haha don't worry mate, he wasn't being serious. We have faith - you came back and released the UGL right? I have no doubt you'll finish the L85.

Good luck with the SR25 ;)

@Kiory - Hi mate. Got some photos from work for you - particularly the reticule for the Elcan is wrong - Illumination wise there are three modes with various brightnesses - entire reticule glows red, very centre of the cross glows red or off.

You can see there is a circular cooling recess in the ris system where the trigger guard cuts into it.

Also there is a red screw bottom left of the optic - indicating DFT (don't f**kin touch).

Also there is a little bit of thick polymer string holding the battery cap onto the sight - would be good to see it implemented and an open dust cover would be lovely!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1fs3ly2dw3rbo06/AABpAm3RaQh3hxSWwqMv0eK0a?dl=0

There you go mate - best source material in the world there #firsthand.

Edited by poacher

Ill 2nd P_Siddy. Id love to see some Kiory magic on the L129a1

Seems there's some conflict between this and AGM (well, more specifically only with agm_ragdolls.. the rest is fine). The skeleton does awkward things whenever rounds impact a vest.