The model is great visually, however the weapon sound, I think it is awful. It has this very annoying metalllig grinding sound before the gunshot, which in itself is very annoying and it delays the gun shot sound by a bit which is unnatual as the bullet is fire on mouse click. Would be very nice if that sound can be removed or fixed.

Alleycat, this is not an issue I have, A few people have mentioned it but it's not something I get, so I'm not sure how to tackle it.

The sounds are fine though.

Alleycat, this is not an issue I have, A few people have mentioned it but it's not something I get, so I'm not sure how to tackle it.

The sounds are fine though.

It's the BI default closure sound! they are too loud!

closure_rifle_6 and closure_rifle_7

Maybe changing for the pistols closures?

I also love the sounds. I love the subtle clinking sound which feels as if the cocking handle is going forward. Very Nice!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

it's a nice varied pack now and i like the sound. i just have a few minor suggestions/problems.

1. add an alternative sound (just slightly edit the one you have) so it isn't always the exact same shot sound. i think vanilla weapons already do that.

2. the iron sights seem a bit far from the camera. kinda like you are purposefully holding the rifle further from your face than in hip fire mode when pulling up the sights. which is a shame since the ironsights are so detailed. would be great if it would be atleast as close as when you zoom in by default. probably just needs moving of a mem point or what ever is used for the camera position. the distance for the holo back up sight is probably fine as is. not sure how they are used in real life.

3. the stock doesn't seem to be resting on the shoulder but hovering infront of it instead.

aynways. great to see a single weapon have all the versions in one pack and all that. i wished all weapons addons would do it like that.

Edited by Bad Benson

Hello Kiory! their work in the MOD is amazing! And the level as detail employed in each is wonder!

I want to thank you for giving us the pleasure of using your MODs, and would like to report a couple of bug that currently found.

1- By using a suppressor, the output of the barrel is invisible.

2- A white line within the scope Elcan LDS and marking the Mildot, using the night.

And thank you for your work

yEsJDRC.jpg

Most of these have already been fixed, or will be fixed eventually.

@Bad Benson, I have 4 different sounds for it, so I'm not quite sure what you're on about, they are very similar but are in fact different.

Edited by Kiory

hello! I've made a small video dedicated to a few bugs I found, mainly the Elcan scope. please take a look:

Thanks for taking the time to make the video D787, unfortunately you're a bit late, all of the issues in the video have already been addressed, aside from the suppressor issue. The effect you see on the glass is actually known as "Newtons Rings", and it's staying, I could probably tone it down a little but I like the effect, the white jizz looking stuff was a bug and it's been fixed.

The one issue where you drop it on the floor is out of my hands, it looks like a decal has been placed on the floor incorrectly and is hovering above the rifle.

Which leads me to my next question, in the unlikely event that the British forces ever use a suppressor, which one would it be?

I don't want theory crafting here, I'm looking for past accounts and factual information of what suppressors have actually been used in the British forces.

Edited by Kiory

thanks for the answer. I wasn't considering newton's rings a problem, the focus was on the white jizz.

and when I dropped it on the floor I was just showing that the invisible part can actually be seen when the gun is on the ground.

Ohhh, right, well that's an Arma issue, when dropping it on the ground, there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, it's an issue that's been around since Alpha.

okay then, waiting for the fixes to be rolled out... and a suppressor maybe. :D

@Bad Benson, I have 4 different sounds for it, so I'm not quite sure what you're on about, they are very similar but are in fact different.

ah ok. sounded pretty identical to me. nevermind then.

Just a small thank you for the mod. The whole of 3CB was watching your stream last night and we were having a good giggle when you were adjusting the hand for the cocking animation. Not that it makes any difference but you use your thumb and index finger instead of your little finger. It still looks amazing though, keep up the good work.

YOU COULD OF BLOODY TOLD ME THAT DURING THE STREAM!!!!

Oh well, I'm glad you told me now, because I can re adjust that fairly easily.

Sorry kiory - tbh you looked to be in the zone and we were literally (50 of us) just prepping to go live into our 19:30 Op. So we only had a couple of minutes to burn whilst the Op commanders were doing their planning.

Looking good btw ( I didn't even notice the fingers thing.. Just amazed at how complicated the whole thing looks to manage!)

SJ

Sorry, you looked so into it. Here's a reference image to say sorry.

600px-Our_Girl_film_058.jpg

Brilliant, thank you Andy.

Which leads me to my next question, in the unlikely event that the British forces ever use a suppressor, which one would it be?

I don't want theory crafting here, I'm looking for past accounts and factual information of what suppressors have actually been used in the British forces.

The only one that has ever been issued for the SA80 is the Surefire FA556SA. It was specifically developed by Surefire to fit the UK-issue flash hiders for the SA80 and L119A1.

You can see it's listed as the only device compatible with the the SA80 flash hider on Surefire's site:

http://www.surefire.com/catalog/product/view/id/102/s/fhsa80sa/category/145/

The thing with suppressors is that they're either the ones you screw on to the muzzle thread replacing the flash hider completely, or you have to design a flash hider and suppressor that work together in a way where you can quickly mount/unmount them - which is the case with the Surefire kit outlined above. You can't just stick any old suppressor on any muzzle device.

There's a badly cropped picture of the rifle with and without the suppressor fitted, back when the flash hiders first went on issue to regular forces back in 2008 (page 17):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlo674hkbj5setn/desider_01_may2008.pdf?dl=0

Desider is an official Ministry of Defence publication so that's probably about the best you'll do unless you speak to someone who was serving in SFSG around that time when they were using them. You can probably find lots of pictures of the L119A1 fitted with the same suppressor though.

Looking at the locking nut and how it sits on the flash hider, you can tell it's same one model pictured before ITT, from previous years:

SA80-2.jpg~original, SA80-1.jpg

i.e. the Surefire one.

More recently, in 2013 the MoD were trialling suppressors for weapons to investigate whether they'd useful as a general issue item (page 26):

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/191032/Desider59_april2013.pdf

No SA80 pictured there, but you can see the GPMG and L110A2 are both fitted with Surefire brand suppressors.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Speaking of the L119A1, is that something you reckon you would consider doing Kiory?

Don't forget to forward assist ! Lol

Yeah I didn't want to mention the forward assist as it might be a lot more work for Kiory but yes after letting go of the cocking handle you tap it forward to make sure it is seated properly. It was always described to me as a karate chop action with the side of your little finger. Fingers pointing downwards.

Isn't pulling back the cocking handle a bit redundant for a reload animation anyway?

The bolt is already in the rear position when the magazine is expended, so for a dry reload you just do the normal drill of tilting the weapon to check the position of the bolt, change the magazine, tap the bolt release to chamber a round, then do the little karate chop to forward assist.

Pulling the cocking handle is for when you're first loading from a closed bolt with no round in the breech (i.e. if you previously closed it before inserting a magazine), or if you need to extract a round from the breech for whatever reason (stoppage, make safe etc.). This never happens in Arma since you always start ingame with the weapon readied and a round in the breech, and only ever reload from an empty or partially empty magazines. So the above procedure of simply tapping the bolt release and forward assisting to make sure the bolt is in battery, seems more appropriate.