Couple of questions for you'll.

The L86 I believe is currently used in the DMR role (when not using L129A1) as the LSW role has been filled by the L110?

This being the case, if/when Kiory makes/extends into the L86/L22 family, would there be a way to effect the accuracy of the rifles in Arma, without having different ammo classes to reflect their real life capabilities whilst keeping the ability for each to use the same magazines?

i.e L86 more accurate at range, L22A2 less accurate at range?

I'm not sure how to answer that Siddy, only BI know that.

The UGL is almost complete, and I should push an update TODAY for release, exciting!!

The UGL is almost complete, and I should push an update TODAY for release, exciting!!

stephen-colbert-report-excited.gif

Couple of questions for you'll.

The L86 I believe is currently used in the DMR role (when not using L129A1) as the LSW role has been filled by the L110?

This being the case, if/when Kiory makes/extends into the L86/L22 family, would there be a way to effect the accuracy of the rifles in Arma, without having different ammo classes to reflect their real life capabilities whilst keeping the ability for each to use the same magazines?

i.e L86 more accurate at range, L22A2 less accurate at range?

I believe there L86's were almost all chopped down to make the L22 carbines. Any L86's that remain i think are used by cadets, no active unit is using i think. And yes, you can make a gun more accurate , mostly in its dispersion at ranges when fully automatic.

I'll do your dishes if you add the lsw too :rolleyes:

https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/1492113_10154893749075615_7591740075965395194_o.jpg (448 kB)

This was taken in Poland earlier this year on a training exercise, what more proof do you need that the LSW is in service? lol

The Sharpshooter rifle was bought as an Urgent Operational Requirement for Afghanistan and has (AFAIK) since been shelved pending a proper testing process (If you ask me using it in Afghanistan is test enough but there you go). Troops would have to go back to what they're using before which would be an L96 and the LSW (correct me if I'm hugely wrong da12th as you probably know more than I) for a marksman role, and I'm guessing these were not always employed as when a friend of mine deployed to Afghan he went on patrol with a Minimi and an L96 and is pictured doing so (this was in 2009/10).

Making a weapon more/less accurate should be do-able in the config. PsychD did it when trialing porting some weapons for enemy AI to use to get around their impressive marksmanship abilities!

And looking very nice Kiory!! Much improvement over the previous versions :)

I believe there L86's were almost all chopped down to make the L22 carbines. Any L86's that remain i think are used by cadets, no active unit is using i think. And yes, you can make a gun more accurate , mostly in its dispersion at ranges when fully automatic.

Again as far as i'm aware L86's were more recently used in the DMR role, so a decrease in spread on full auto wouldn't increase the performance on a single shot, longer range basis?

And kiory... you have made my day, maybe even my week.

I was looking into this when I was playing around with the UGL for 3CB for the L85. Each ammo is assigned the muzzle velocity, so as far as I am aware all weapons have the same muzzle velocity. The UGL in game is actually more powerful than what the L85UGL is.

@P_Siddy

L86 is supposed to take the DMR slot in the moder "FIST" equipped fire team aye. AFAIK they'd still assessing modifications like rails and new optics for it, and every so often you see something like this crop up as a prototype:

LSW+and+Sharpshooter+.JPG

But that's like the 5th setup I've seen, so things will probably change again before anything is issued.

To make it more accurate than the base L85 as an addon you can reduce the dispersion= parameter and it will shoot tighter groupings. You can also potentially make an attachment that is unique to the L86 muzzle slot, which will increase the muzzlevelocity of the weapon in the class MagazineCoef settings for the attachment (add an initspeed coefficient >1), and make the weapon fit that attachment by default in the class' linkeditems array.

Limitations of that are that optics zeroing doesn't 100% take into account the adjusted ballistics of the weapon when the attachment is fitted so will shoot slightly higher than the L85 using the same optics, and weapons taken from the Arsenal wont come with the attachment fitted by default so if you're using that, you need to be diligent and make sure you equip it. Also, if you fit another attachment to the muzzle that isn't configured specifically for the L86 you wont get the same MV boost, however with the current LSW your options for muzzle attachments are limited since the bipod outrigger stops most things apart from a BFA from fitting.

*edit*

Beaten by da12th.

Without turning this too much into a British weapons related discussion thread...

what more proof do you need that the LSW is in service? lol

With the odd regiment here or there maybe. It hasn't even been taught as part of the syllabus at CTCRM for... going on 3 years.

The Sharpshooter rifle was bought as an Urgent Operational Requirement for Afghanistan and has (AFAIK) since been shelved pending a proper testing process (If you ask me using it in Afghanistan is test enough but there you go).

L129A1 is being retained for the time being, although whether it's only retained in the Sniper Support Weapon role or taken into core at the level it was issued on Herrick remains to be seen.

Troops would have to go back to what they're using before which would be an L96 and the LSW (correct me if I'm hugely wrong da12th as you probably know more than I) for a marksman role

The LSW isn't a marksman rifle by default. It was replaced by the LMG in it's role as a support weapon, but was still retained for some odd reason. Perhaps we couldn't convince Sierra Leone that they wanted the LSW like they did with the old SLRs. As for the L96, we had L96A1s as late as 2011, but I've not seen one (outside of an armoury) since then.

Again as far as i'm aware L86's were more recently used in the DMR role, so a decrease in spread on full auto wouldn't increase the performance on a single shot, longer range basis?

Again, whether certain units used it as a "marksman" rifle is down to those individual units, it certainly wasn't across the board. As for its accuracy; despite its many shortcomings; accuracy is one of... if not the only good thing about it. Even firing it in bursts it can still retain a decent grouping (notwithstanding the usual factors such as the barrel being old and worn.)

Back on the main topic; Kiory, top work as usual with this iteration of the rifle and again, thanks for being a good egg and releasing the source files (and the pink version of it too.)

Edited by Redders
Beaten by da1th

Links have been updated, say hello to the UGL boys!

Also added an ammo box labelled "Kiory's special delivery", hope it helps.

Its too thin *shit eating grin* :)

Surprised you still remember that, in which case, Fuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooou!

Edited by Kiory

Its too thin *shit eating grin*

Not cool, man! :p

EDIT:

Just tried it out, and it's incredible! I'm so glad there's finally a proper SA80 in game, well done sir!

Edited by PresumingRob

I'm not sure if it's my graphics settings, but is anyone else getting a problem where everything has some kind of white line around it? This is happening on the L85, pink version and the UGL as well.

piccyforpsych_zpscdb12486.png

I wasn't getting this problem with the previous versions so I don't think it's anything to do with my settings.

Hmm, seems to be a mip map issue, I'll be revisiting the textures at some point so I wouldn't worry about it, the textures just need some extra padding is all.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great Stuff.

Does anyone have asdg joint rails config for this mod?

Hey guys,

I've made a ASDG JR config for these babies!

You need the 'kio_susat.pbo' from the v2 pack.

Kiory, many thanks!

quick question

The 'kio_susat.pbo' are not supposed to be in the v3 pack too?

-----Old Link-----

Edited by deniodan
Bad link

I've made a ASDG JR config for these babies!

I was also wondering about the plan for the SUSAT (IMHO the best user-made 3D optic for ArmA so far).

Thanks for the config. Only problem is that the lens texture seems to be missing from the v3 pbo;

14:07:49 Warning Message: Cannot load texture kio_l85a2\data\glass_sm.paa.

Hi Kiory, I've just had a look at the mod and Im loving the sounds. I had a look at the UGL and am loving the fact that you managed to zero it properly but I did notice a few little things that if you got a chance to play with that'd be amazing.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059033540/screenshots/

If you look at that image the fore sight for UGL is still up even whilst the main weapon is selected.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059033540/screenshots/

That image is once I have switched back to the main weapon after selecting the range of 350m as you can see the sight clips through the bottom of the weapon.

Neither of these issues are big things but I thought I'd let you know so you can look at them.

Thanks again

Andy.

I was also wondering about the plan for the SUSAT (IMHO the best user-made 3D optic for ArmA so far).

Thanks for the config. Only problem is that the lens texture seems to be missing from the v3 pbo;

14:07:49 Warning Message: Cannot load texture kio_l85a2\data\glass_sm.paa.

Ohh! sorry!

That's because the lens texture are not inside the 'kio_susat.pbo' but in the v2 'kio_l85a2.pbo'.

well, I could only fix this without messing with Kiory's .pbo by removing the susat from the ASDG JR

Here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-5lpA7dXqVyUU1xU0cxOWU1bjg&authuser=0

Edited by deniodan
bad link

Hey Andy, hate to break it to you, but that is not my UGL, the ladder system does infact stay down when not used etc, not to mention that it looks entirely different.

You must have a conflicting addon with a different version.

:EDIT: Nvm, I see what you're getting at, the clipping issue I am aware of, and as of yet, have no idea how to fix, would appreciate some input on this.

Also, because of the way I have tackled scopes this time around, I.E, the ris rail is hidden when there is no scope, appears when there is one, I have decided to omit the susat entirely as it wouldn't look right, and I don't fancy making a separate class just for the susat, sorry lads, but hey, everything you need is there to mod it back in.

Edited by Kiory

@Kiory just to let you know, you're model and FBX/OBJ file links are down.

Btw, will we be getting the UGL source too? :p