IndeedPete

Pete's Re-Textures (EUROFORCE, CSAT Snow Tigers)

So I'm not the only one where it is not working anymore. (Meh)

I mean, you could write your thesis but hey...who am I xD

I demand the Kitbag!

I've managed to write a good chunk yesterday, so I'm progressing on all fronts. Not that working all day and night is healthy...

Anyway, backpack models used by EF are Assault Pack, Kitbag, and Carryall, so these will be repainted. There are already snow versions but these are all in Hex. I think I will mix the patterns again, like I did with our TFR bags. It just needs to be consistent with the rest of the gear.

Tze, health...nobody needs that.

That sounds like a plan. Keep up the good work, buddy!

They should be inheriting from the original vests. Last time I checked, they had the same armour levels as the original vests.

• Like 1

Update time!

Update 1.21 for EUROFORCE adds a few new Backpacks, DMRs, and Machineguns including UI Icons. It also fixes some of the off parts on the MXs and they're looking a bit more used now. Lastly, in the light of Eden throwing over the old categorisation, I've decided to re-organise the 'force. CfgFactionClasses is now separated, resulting in seven different editor factions. This should not affect any existing content, it's just in preparation for Eden. And it makes the mod easier to integrate with Alive and MCC. The new faction classes are:

• IP_EUROFORCE = "EUROFORCE (Common)"
  • IP_EUROFORCE_BLACK =  "EUROFORCE (Black)"
  • IP_EUROFORCE_MP = "EUROFORCE (MP)"
  • IP_EUROFORCE_ALTIS = "EUROFORCE (Altis)"
  • IP_EUROFORCE_DESERT = "EUROFORCE (Desert)"
  • IP_EUROFORCE_SNOW = "EUROFORCE (Snow)"
  • IP_EUROFORCE_WOODLAND = "EUROFORCE (Woodland)"

Note that Common contains some of the helos, planes, divers, etc. that every sub-force employs.

Version: 1.21

Changelog

1.21 - 29.01.2016

• FIXED: Off parts on MX rifles.
  • FIXED: Wrong vehicle loadouts.
  • CHANGED: Every sub-faction has its own CfgFactionClass now.
  • CHANGED: Increased Pixel Size of MX Digital camo.
  • CHANGED: MXs look more used now.
  • ADDED: Mk-I EMR 7.62mm in Altis, Desert, Woodland, and Snow schemes.
  • ADDED: Mk18 ABR in Black, Sage, Sand, Green, and White schemes.
  • ADDED: Navid 9.3mm in Sage, Sand, Green, and White (formerly Snow) schemes.
  • ADDED: UI Icons for Marksmen DLC weapons.
  • ADDED: Assault Packs in Hex Altis, Desert, Woodland, and Snow schemes.
  • ADDED: Kitbags in Splinter Altis, Desert, Woodland, and Snow schemes.
  • Added: Carryalls in Sage, Sand, Green, and White schemes.

Download
Dropbox v1.21
Steam Workshop v1.21

• Like 2

Thanks for the update, these look great :)

Thanks!

Have you allready looked at the new system in eden regarding classes? vehicle classes get obsolete with eden release and they use new systems: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Object_Categorization

I saw it, yes, but I chose not to add Eden specific properties yet, not until it's finalised. I know the vehicle classes will be obsolete soon, even though I fail to understand why. The way it is documented now, the new Eden properties are doing the very same thing, and I find the current organisation in Eden pretty shite. Hence in preparation for Eden, and because it's better for Alive users as Alive builds on faction classes, I decided to re-organise it based on faction classes. That way, it will show up in sub categories in Eden already without having to set Eden specific properties.

Quicky from a few days ago, not related to anything: British paramilitary in Helvantis in classic two-colour desert DPM with Finnish M05 colours, and vanilla snake vests and headgear with reduced saturation and British flags.

2016-02-02_000026oucu.jpg

2016-02-02_00004g3uqn.jpg

2016-02-02_00006miu1c.jpg

Simple, but surprisingly effective in that region.

• Like 4

Hey IndeedPete, do you have a class list for the weapons in Euroforce and CSAT Snow Tigers?

Just wondering as trying to build some ammo boxes for a Mission.

Thanks

Hey,

there are classname.csvs as part of the dropbox releaes. For EF, these a re a bit outdated, hence I added a classnames_lazy.txt which is basically just a config dump.

Uhm, not in the released stuff. I've made some Flecktarn tactical vests and plate carriers though which will be part of the INDEP faction.

New mod v1.21 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey IndeedPete , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Wall of images incoming!

It's been a bit quiet around here for a while, mostly due to my full schedule but also because there wasn't really anything to do (I wanted to do). Anyway, I chose to revise EUROFORCE's air assets again. I've completely overworked my templates again and played around with a few new techniques. All "Navy" schemed versions have been toned down to single coloured grey, with blue accents. At least some of the other schemes still sport some camo.

First on the list is the Navy Hellcat, which comes in grey with blue rudders and details.

2016-03-02_00005polql.jpg

2016-03-02_000061wz0p.jpg

The bottom of all Hellcats is now coloured in different white tones which seems to be quite common among.

2016-03-02_00009evy1i.jpg

The Hellcat camo versions come in simple two-colour spraypaint.

2016-03-02_00018lpx55.jpg

2016-03-02_00019b6zrx.jpg

The heavier Mohawk troop carrier comes in single colour, with whitened bottom.

2016-03-02_00010mabjm.jpg

2016-03-02_00015d8b01.jpg

It also got a bit more detail from the original. (I've manually repainted all the written stuff.)

2016-03-02_00014lvyuq.jpg

The Littlebirds received a two-clour spraypaint as well.

2016-03-06_000067alps.jpg

2016-03-06_000076gye9.jpg

I still chose to use the triangle camo on the more futuristic Ghosthawk and Blackfoot. I completely redid it though and manually placed all triangles onto the texture, aiming for a more consistent look. Both also got some more detail added.

2016-03-06_00008upzit.jpg

2016-03-06_00009xcy7a.jpg

The Hurons on the other hand are a bit of my problem child right now. I don't really know if they should be camo'ed as well or if I should keep them painted in a single colour.

2016-03-06_00011ctyk3.jpg

Also the fixed wing aircrafts received an overhaul. The Buzzard comes now in Navy Grey and three colour spraypaint camo versions. Especially the camo version was hell to create, and it's still a bit off on some parts. Though it is much better than just having the triangle texture slapped onto it.

2016-03-06_00004llykb.jpg

2016-03-06_00001r5y2x.jpg

2016-03-06_00002bpldy.jpg

2016-03-06_00005t6zz1.jpg

I'll sort out some more things and then the update will drop somewhen this week. Oh, and with that update, the optional Extended Eventhandlers addon will be no longer needed. Stay tuned!

• Like 4

I still much appreciate the single colored Huron and Navy assets. 
Not saying everything should be single colored, but certain assets definitely can. 

But if you really want to do something maybe just play around with some parts again, as you have done on the Buzzard and the Mohawk.
E.g. You could paint the Turbines of the Altis Version in a Darker or even Lighter Green, the Woodland Version can have some (Dirt) Brown parts, on the Desert go with a darker brown then the Desert color, the snow version...maybe a bit going into grey(?) and the Navy you could use the Dark Blue you use on the Mohawk or Buzzard (which I absolutely love *.*) 
I would definitely prefer some more plain colors with accents. At least some differentiation among the different color schemes of a vehicle would be awesome (e.g. I'd like to see Snow, (maybe Desert) Black and Navy assets in plain colors with accents (as described above) and Altis and Woodland (especially the ladder) in camo pattern.) I know that means more work for you and I know....that I'm somewhat the cause of this work (ups). but its just my thoughts. Maybe other people see it differently! ^^"

Assuming that you're talking about the Huron, that is kind of a problem because it's really hard to see any detail on the texture (and we're talking about the templates BI released). And I don't have access to the normal map or shadowing because of the DLC encryption. So it's basically trial and error to identify specific parts.

Mhhh very sad...I mean, I have no clue about texturing and looking and these templates make my head melt. 
Anyway, just saying: If its possible, I'd be great! XP