IndeedPete

Pete's Re-Textures (EUROFORCE, CSAT Snow Tigers)

I would like to really thank you for this, for me it's best mod ever for ArmA, love the idea of unified Euroforce, shame BIS doesn't see that NATO has multiple member states :(.Are you planning on adding national flags to Snow Tigers ? Just like in case of Euroforce? Would be cool to see CSAT as a coallition :)

Thank you! Yeah, when I first read about Arma 3 and the NATO faction I thought we'd be getting a multi-national force.

No, I don't plan on adding flag insignias to the Snow Tigers. But they already have and extended identitiy pool with Iranian, Asian, and Caucasian faces.

Fixed that wrongly coloured MX handle thing:

2015-09-01_000017ks2o.jpg 2015-09-01_000025usap.jpg

Will be part of the next update. Hopefully alongside of the generic names for all member states. I just don't feel like digging up tons of names right now.^^

Hm, yes, the desert colour scheme tones are sand, brown, and khaki. The colour of stock and handle of the Sand and Desert MXs is basically just the original run through a filter.

Thanks for the name generator, I'll try it when I have time.

Thanks to a bit more splendid intel this morning, I chose to revise the European uniforms again. (Yes, that's about the 100th time, but they're continiously improving. :)) I've applied a few more filters resulting in more fleshed out, characteristic textures and improved the details. They're again less colourful and more realistic in my opinion. Especially the woodland one has come a long way. Then I ditched the old dirt brushes and replaced them with more carefully used spraypaint. Parts of the uniform which are more stressed are a bit more washed out and more dirty. These parts are around the knee and elbow protectors, where boots and pants touch, and also at the butt of course. Turns out sitting in a truck all day stresses your fatigues just as running around in the field. ;) The EUROFORCE flag has also been desaturated a little to be less colourful and blend in the vanilla US and British flags. At some point, I will probably revise the unit insignias as well. Below are the comparisions, left are the old ones, right the current prototypes.

2015-09-22_00002vjs9i.jpg 2015-09-22_00003zzsao.jpg 2015-09-22_00004h8sva.jpg 2015-09-22_00005jws1i.jpg 2015-09-22_00006q5s7t.jpg 2015-09-22_00007zbsis.jpg 2015-09-22_00008z9s9m.jpg 2015-09-22_00009wgs3e.jpg 2015-09-22_00010iaseh.jpg

Then I've discovered Multicam for my work. I always wanted to fiddle around with it as it's a great pattern but I wasn't able to find a decent template. And I still don't have a good one. Anyway, I took the Afghanistan MCam and changed the colours to a bit more greyish, les saturated, in order to fit the snowy-muddy Helvantis map. Since I sometimes have my diffculties with colours as we noticed a few updates ago, I'd like to ask you to take a look at these pictures and tell me if that roughly fits the environment. I think it works pretty well. (I've really struggled to find a pattern that actually matches this map.)

2015-09-22_00011blsqb.jpg 2015-09-22_00012fzsfq.jpg 2015-09-22_000137vsx2.jpg

As usual, share your thoughts!

• Like 2

The faction key? IP_EUROFORCE and IP_CSAT_ST.

Update time!

I'm currently stuck with creating generic names for all European states (read: I'm too lazy), so I'll push out the refined textures and then later add the name thingy. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the setName command, these will most likely not work in MP anyway. Then there seems to be a problem with Huron textures in general. If you encounter EF Hurons in vanilla colours it's a bug and I, as well as other modders, are looking for a solution. Take care!

ef_iconffa9l.png
2015-10-15_00001sssyg.jpg 2015-10-15_00002zbssh.jpg

EUROFORCE
Version: 1.17

Changelog

1.17 - 15.10.2015

• FIXED: Snow engineer's vest was misconfigured.
  • FIXED: MX handles had the wrong colours.
  • CHANGED: Reworked the unit textures again, revised dirt patterns and details.
  • CHANGED: Revised the flag patches (unit insignias).

Download
Dropbox v1.17
Steam Workshop v1.17

st_icon_smallrvlas.png

CSAT Snow Tigers
Version: 1.05

Changelog

1.05 - 15.10.2015

• CHANGED: Improved unit textures.

Download
Dropbox v1.05
Steam Workshop v1.05

Credits & Thanks

• black-light-studio for their / his great Hexatal Camo Concept – Seamless!
  • Catchina-Q2 for her/his Buzzard graphic!
  • cobra4v320 for his HALO/parachuting scripts!
  • drdraze for the space wolves chapter badge!
  • Kydoimos for creating the Snow Tiger insignia and custom faces!
  • norrin for his great convoy defend script!
  • Shuko for his SHKPos script!
  • Surfer for his splendid Wipeout texture!
  • tpw for his ambient civilian script package!
  • And all the great people on the BI-Forums who helped out with answers and feedback to so many questions!
  • Like 1

Wouldn't it be cool to integrate CTRG units into your Euroforce. Could be some kind of  European Special Force like your MP. That would be nice since I for example prefer to use your units beside vanilla stuff for Armaverse scenarios and this would provide some nice lore background and link to the CTRG units from the campaign.

just an idea :)  keep it up

There are the Wolfpack special forces which have similar gear as the original SF. Or do you mean British uniforms in particular? Because regular CTRG units are part of the vanilla BLUFOR units.

Inspired by the quality of RHS' awesome texturing work (I'm really getting a texturegasm by just thinking about these perfectly plastic pieces of high resolution work) and this lad's cool project, I decided to try and upgrade my uniforms again. Exchanged the fabric to a harder, rougher clothing with sewed on grids. God, I love grids. Never though I'd say it but there it is. From now on, all my work shall have motherfucking grids!

Anyway, I feel it looks a bit more plastic now. I'm not sure whether it's modern or not. From what I read, today's military uniforms are mostly made from nylon. Which kind of looks like boring old fabric. Well, if anyone finds a cool sample of some super modern fabric, let me know. Here's today's work:

2015-11-17_00001n4utl.jpg

2015-11-17_00002ywufu.jpg

2015-11-17_000035kunq.jpg

2015-11-17_00004keu4o.jpg

2015-11-17_00007vluje.jpg

And a comparison, left the old one, the new one on the right:

2015-11-17_00008m0u5k.jpg

2015-11-17_000109hu27.jpg

2015-11-17_000129qu5f.jpg

What do you think? Don't you just love grids? :D

• Like 1

Duuuude...that looks awesome. Very nice working and I'm looking forward to see that ingame.

Its funny that you love your grids so much! My group still thinks they are kinda odd...I however love them. They are actually what made me interested in the Euroforce mod. "More Grids needs the world!"

Anyway, I have a little feedback here:
Somewhere in the last updates you added some dirt to the textures. While the little bit dirt on the Altis and Desert camos looks great the very red stains on the Woodland, Military Police and especially Snow camo looks a bit strange and does not really help with the actual use of camo. Would be awesome if you could make these just a bit more light brown or green on the woodland camo (grass stains). Maybe make it white on the Snow camo (snow sticking to the uniform)

Thanks!

Yes, I've noticed the bit too red mud as well. That's what you get when looking for precises colour codes of mud. Maybe it's one of the filters, I don't know. But they're on my agenda as well, don't worry.

No worry, could be worse...I mean at least its not turquoise! xD

Nah, that's why I've switched to colour codes. My mind can be tricked by some facettes, but not by numbers! Re-done the dirt over the last hour. Lowered visibility of the grid, added "bleach" on what I think are stressed parts of the uniform, exchanged the boots, protectors and details, manually sprayed sand particles around, and added some splashes made from this beautiful picture of a dirty ground:

01-2-14-texture-412bs35.jpg

:D

New one left vs. new-new one right:

2015-11-18_00001t8sgf.jpg

2015-11-18_000022dsvv.jpg

2015-11-18_000038osqi.jpg

2015-11-18_000042ksdl.jpg

2015-11-18_000059ysg5.jpg

And a comparison between "clean" on the left and regular right:

2015-11-18_00006clspt.jpg

2015-11-18_00007sus52.jpg

Very nice dude...now I really look forward to a new version! Looks wonderful. 
(And finally they don't like they ate to much burritos and heavily shit themselves! xD)

Yeah, the butt is tough. It should be dirty since they're not exactly sitting around in fancy dining rooms all day. But the pant-shitter effect appears quite fast. :D