IndeedPete

Pete's Re-Textures (EUROFORCE, CSAT Snow Tigers)

Wow, that looks so cool. I really like the red plane xD

On those pictures I only see normal CSAT gear, does that mean, that you wont use a mod requierment with the next update?

Mr Junker would be proud :P

Love the snowy units, wish there was some snowy mountains in Altis

Thanks chaps! Might add some more details to the plane, I also wasn't really accurate when ripping the camo part off the texture, lost some small things. (God, I'd love to get my hands on the original PSDs!) Also need to resize the hex camo, it's too big compared to the original, at least on the pilot suit.

No, the CSAT units won't require any third party gear. I haven't found a good substitute for the 6.5mm Katiba which is both lightweight and does enough damage. Also, the guerillas will most likely come in two versions - one with stock gear and another PBO with dependencies, so you guys can choose what you want to use. As I said before I'm researching ways to make that possible, publishing two different versions seems the best option for me. We'll see, it has to allow easy use in MP as well.

There are some cool snow maps out there, namely Helvantis, Lost Island and the WIP Manolo Island (or something along those lines). All promising and detailed user-made maps. And there's still hope for a snowy expansion, even though I think the Pacific if the most likely scenario.^^

No, the CSAT units won't require any third party gear. I haven't found a good substitute for the 6.5mm Katiba which is both lightweight and does enough damage. Also, the guerillas will most likely come in two versions - one with stock gear and another PBO with dependencies, so you guys can choose what you want to use. As I said before I'm researching ways to make that possible, publishing two different versions seems the best option for me. We'll see, it has to allow easy use in MP as well.

You just saved my life! That sounds so good. Love you for that decision!

There are some cool snow maps out there, namely Helvantis, Lost Island and the WIP Manolo Island (or something along those lines). All promising and detailed user-made maps. And there's still hope for a snowy expansion, even though I think the Pacific if the most likely scenario.^^

Yeah, there are some cool islands, only problem is that there is no real weather for these islands. Since I found it I wait for the release for that mod: Boreas

Since these addons are the foundation for my next SP project I've already started to prototype some weather. Got two different snow falls (light and heavy), a few pp effects, ground fog and some sort of raising ground snow in stormy conditions at the ready. Also made a function to monitor life signs, fatigue, stress level etc. and simulate cold breath based on the approximated data. Pretty cool, even if you can't spot a unit hidden between high grass or tress you might catch it breathing. Still need to find a way to detect when a unit is holding its breath, while aiming or something. Mixed together with some stock wind, custom sounds and different fog levels it makes a pretty tight atmosphere already. Wasn't able to create a storm like this guy from the video though. Will keep an eye on that mod for sure. Also, I might be able to capture some footage soon, when I'm back home at my gaming machine. Currently at my parents' for Easter and working on a low-level laptop. Hence the screenshots above might look a bit crappy.

You...just made my day a bit better...

Since I already offered you to take a speaking role if you need one I also offer you that I will help you testing these funktions! :p

(I just miss some snowy stuff in arma since my favorite season is winter >.<)

Glad to hear.^^ I plan to do a closed Alpha, hopefully in a few months (remember it's mostly still in concept stage and I've also got some other projects on the plate). Mainly to test but also to attract voice actors. Mainly European accents, for now German, French, Danish + Finnish (or any Scandinavian, I can't hear a difference anyway), British, Polish and Spanish. Native English speakers are also good as substitutes. (Will be hard to find Farsi speakers...)

But I'll do a vid of the snow effects first, might even do a small test mission to get some ideas. Thanks already!

I have an european based group. I could asked them if they want to help you out! ^^

Thanks already! But don't expect any jobs soon, got to fully work out the dialogues and characters first. Right now, I'm using text to speech software to prototype a first cutscene I already made. Can't wait to see it dubbed by non-robots.^^

Sure, sure...just don't hesitate to ask for help! ^^

Edit: Also, you need music? I would like to help out somewho. I never done something, since I can work better with a goal. ^^

Well, custom music would be awesome! Then again, need to create the playable content and work out the scenes before looking for music. But better use of audio is on top of my agenda and something I seek to improve over what I did in M.E.R.C.S. Sadly, I suck at picking the right music to underline a scene. I'm just too impacient to go through all the game's music, especially while there's no easy way to access it...

Anyway, what kind of music do you do in general? I already have some intro / cutscenes or background themes in mind.

I'm going to write you a PM later. (I think so we don't spam here and I we can talk on german xD)

Thanks! Did some dull but necessary config work today. Managed to bring the Marksmen guns into EUROFORCE, using the RC. Switched the new BLUFOR MG to the MG5 (and vice versa with the CSAT Snow Tigers). Problem is I can't re-texture the new guns yet, because the PBOs are encrypted and there are no official PSDs yet. So until these are released, the "snow" versions are black or (in case of the MG5) in sand colour. Same goes for #bipodz though it doesn't really look bad if I just use black ones for every gun in a snow scheme. Furthermore, I did some helos, namely Orca and Taru with an icy hex scheme (white, green, grey and ice blue) and of course matching hex crew clothing. Again, I can't access the fuel pod's texture, leaving it in stock colours.

2015-04-07_00001skutf.jpg 2015-04-07_0000231uep.jpg 2015-04-07_00003v9ui5.jpg 2015-04-07_00004zjuhg.jpg 2015-04-07_000056zu43.jpg 2015-04-07_00006i2uny.jpg 2015-04-07_00007cuur4.jpg

I think I don't have templates for the rest of the CSAT vehicles which means I'll need to do quite a few cut jobs (duh, exhausting and dull work). Seeing relatively few community texture templates out there - to mention are Nevbox and DreamRebel, thanks to these chaps, I probably used one or two of their templates! (Should update the credits I guess!) Anyway, I thought of releasing my source files (10GB and counting with lots of redundant stuff...) once the job is done for others to use. They're mostly done quick and dirty and most certainly in an amateur way but it could be something to start from, that saves the nasty work of cutting out the camo parts. Might be putting together a .rar of texture templates, icons, camo schemes etc. once everything's published.

Stay tuned!

Yes, completely stand-alone, though it should be possible to store the separate PBOs in one shared mod folder, that's completely up to you. Might ask a mod to rename this thread since I'm outlining all WIP details and ideas about the other factions here anyway. Made the Ifrit yesterday, cut out some Tempest textures in some free time around noon and also added some details to the red Neophron. Might upload some pics later or in the next few days. I'm waiting for BI's texture templates of the Marksmen stuff before preparing the next update. That way you all get the new content adapted to the EF units in one walk.

Good to hear and finally a bit more content for the 2035 setting....when will we see the Arab League Foces ? :D

Good to hear and finally a bit more content for the 2035 setting....when will we see the Arab League Foces ? :D

Ha, that's a good idea.^^ I plan to make the Snow Tigers a bit more multi-national as well. I hope I can easily include the Asian and maybe even some of the European (so sort of Russians maybe?) faces as stock faces as well. Just to give them more variety than the three Iranian faces.

Would simply be cool to have more factions for the 2035 scenario. Looking at the Armaverse map the Arab League comes to mind as well as an African Union Force. Also needed are the IDF and new terrorist groups. Working myself on a complete russian faction for the 2035 setting (no winter units though).

Ah, cool stuff! Yes, we need some Russians.^^

"Small" status report: Started to do a "no dependencies" version of the guerillas by replacing all mod gear with (modded) stock guns. So I'll most likely publish two different PBOs, one requiring Toadie's stuff and a clean one. They go by the same CfgPatches so missions made with the dependency version will also work for users using the no dependencies version and vice versa. In MP every player should use the same PBO than the server for obvious reasons. Made some black TRG-21s to be their main assault rifle, looking pretty decent I think. Maybe I'll try my luck with the AAF rifle as well (but it's so damn ugly! :)).

Also worked on the police offroad, turns out you can just animate the missing stuff like light bar etc., child's play. Did a snow version as well, looks like someone just spilled a bucket of paint on that poor car. Gave the old UN Hunter an overhaul as well, it got some scratches and holes here and there. Then I added some details to the CSAT plane and created a separate snow version of it. Note that this animal thingy on it is a Simurgh, some mythical creature from Persian and Arabic tales. Did some details on the Orca as well. And the MRAPs are done as well, also tried the Tempest but sadly, not every part can be re-textured.

2015-04-13_00001kgj84.jpg 2015-04-13_000024dkol.jpg 2015-04-13_00003f7jcf.jpg 2015-04-13_0000548j80.jpg 2015-04-13_00006m4jh3.jpg 2015-04-13_0000858j88.jpg 2015-04-13_00009t6kzn.jpg 2015-04-13_00010m6kmb.jpg

And I've managed to capture some footage of the units in action, including cold breath, snow and some of my weather scripts and pp effects running. I think it's a start, needs some tweaking though. (Might take some time for youtube to process the vid.)

Oh, and yes, I am a lousy shot and of course cheated. ;)

Cheers!

I know, it's actually a screenshot I took.^^ Well, there are not many snow re-textures out there I guess.

Will you equip EUROFORCE with the DLC-weapons and will you develop the MP-Showcase in the near future?

Yes, I've already equipped them actually. Just waiting for BI to gain us access to the textures so I can do snow versions of them. The MP showcase is halfway through but I'm lacking the time at the moment (too many projects!). It's on my todo list though. Right next to EUROFROCE Marksmen adjustments, CSAT Snow Tigers, the guerillas, Marksmen adjustments for M.E.R.C.S., Contention Zone and a yet unannounced SP project.^^

I was asked via PM to share the snow script suite and I'm happy to comply. Keep in mind that:

• It's WIP.
  • It's not MP ready.
  • I won't do any official support nor regular updates.

All functions are commented and all available effects can be toggled by commenting stuff in/out in the init.sqf. Furthermore, some scripts are based on A2 scripts done by Ruebe, sounds by Surfer.

Dropbox Download

Enjoy!

Good evening!

Since BI released the textures for Marksmen today yesterday I was able to finally do the necessary adjustments to EUROFORCE. Find the new release below. Note that there is no template for the heavy vests yet and the original textures are within encrypted PBOs so this will probably take a bit longer.

2015-05-01_00001vujvm.jpg 2015-05-01_00002rzkf8.jpg 2015-05-01_0000315k0n.jpg 2015-05-01_00004lpj73.jpg

Version: 1.11

Changelog

1.11 - 01.05.2015

• FIXED: Sirens and lightbars of the police vehicles should now work in MP for clients.
  • CHANGED: Snow schemed backpacks are now in Hex Camo.
  • ADDED: Snow versions of all NATO and AAF helicopters.
  • ADDED: Marksmen units "Sharpshooter", "Recon Sharpshooter" and "Heavy Gunner".
  • ADDED: Snow versions of the MAR-10, Mk-I EMR and Navid.
  • ADDED: Black version of the Navid.
  • ADDED: Server key for the steam version.

License

Content created by IndeedPete is published under the "Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)". You are free to take or change anything you can use, just give me a mention in the credits.

Credits & Thanks

• black-light-studio for their / his great Hexatal Camo Concept – Seamless!
  • Catchina-Q2 for her/his Buzzard graphic!
  • cobra4v320 for his HALO/parachuting scripts!
  • drdraze for the space wolves chapter badge!
  • norrin for his great convoy defend script!
  • Shuko for his SHKPos script!
  • Surfer for his splendid Wipeout texture!
  • tpw for his ambient civilian script package!
  • And all the great people on the BI-Forums who helped out with answers and feedback to so many questions!

Download

Dropbox v1.11

Steam Workshop v1.11