TedHo

[SP Campaign] Bell Tolls - A Sequel to In Our Time

@up

No im always play on stable version of game. I dont use betapatches.

v0.83 is working flawlessly (played it through 5Th mission without an issue, yesterday)... just give the latest version a go, tom3kb!

Hmm, maybe i will wait with playing this campaign for next update ;)

I dont like to skip missions but sometimes you dont have another option :(

Hey tom3kb, sorry about the problem you encountered.

You could have been locked by the cinema borders. Try

[1, 0, FALSE] spawn BIS_fnc_cinemaBorder;

Otherwise try restarting the mission and see if that helps. If not and if this issue resurfaces with other users I'll surely look into it.

Skipping the mission would work. But the game would assume you didn't finish the option task (even if you did) and this might slightly affect later gameplay. It's nothing major though.

No this is after the "cutscene", cinemaborders are "down". I restarted the mission on vanilla game (stable version) and with some mods that i always play in SP (JSRS Dragonfyre, Blastcore, RHS and CBA)

In both cases my unit can't move after this cutscene with american soldier on tower. I hope im not the only one with this problem ;)

All right, that's helpful info. I'll run some tests next chance i've got.

Ted_Hou, congrats, another well done/scripted campaign! It begins with John Cash and ends with Metallica, what else could we ask for? ;D

I really hope you get some voice acting, cus your campaign is quite professional and well polished (v0.83 works flawlessly, people, use the latest version, if you´re experiencing bugs you´re probably using an old version!)

Loved the mod support, it added a whole new set of layers to this campaign, could play it with AGM without a bug!

Anxious for the sequel... and BTW, the text dialogs sometimes were a little too fast:

Did we managed to save the NATO guy (protagonist of In Our Time) or the medic couldn´t save him? The bot kept twitching and convulsionating, but I thought I´ve read that the medic couldn´t save him with makeshift instruments and without proper medical provisions... but I hope he´d survived and both Brit guerrillas and the NATO guy team up against the AAF&CSAT)

cheers!

^^ totally agree!

This is perhaps the most polished campaign for A3. So much more immersive than the official one.

Great choice of soundtracks, love it! Voice acting is the only thing missing. Everything else works great.

I played it with AGM, ASR AI, RHS, HLC, Advanced Ballistics and several other mods without issues. Really hope you will churn out more stuff.

Hi Ted, how can I take a look at the campaign in the editor? I have depbo'ed it but when I open a mission in the editor, it says can't find the configs.

;2864177']

Anxious for the sequel... and BTW' date=' the text dialogs sometimes were a little too fast:

Did we managed to save the NATO guy (protagonist of In Our Time) or the medic couldn´t save him? The bot kept twitching and convulsionating, but I thought I´ve read that the medic couldn´t save him with makeshift instruments and without proper medical provisions... but I hope he´d survived and both Brit guerrillas and the NATO guy team up against the AAF&CSAT)

cheers![/quote']

Hey Corporal_Lib,

Glad you enjoyed the campaign and thanks for the feedback. There will be voice acting, which would fix the dialogue-too-fast issue when implemented.

Yes, Nomad dies but I guess I should make that point clearer. This is helpful feedback. Thanks!

^^ totally agree!

This is perhaps the most polished campaign for A3. So much more immersive than the official one.

Great choice of soundtracks, love it! Voice acting is the only thing missing. Everything else works great.

I played it with AGM, ASR AI, RHS, HLC, Advanced Ballistics and several other mods without issues. Really hope you will churn out more stuff.

Thanks for your great comment! Glad you liked it and happy to hear that mod support worked out!

Hi Ted, how can I take a look at the campaign in the editor? I have depbo'ed it but when I open a mission in the editor, it says can't find the configs.

Hey Jonstyle,

The configs are to be kept in the campaigns folder, having the pbo there should fix it. If not take a look at the mission description.ext files to see the config links.

Another quick bug/question

In operation clear skies, after I clear the castle, I cant seem to find the good colonel to kill him and I am not sure what to do after killing all of the guards and clearing the compound. The location where the map tells me to go is just inside the castle but there is no colonel there.

Another quick bug/question

In operation clear skies, after I clear the castle, I cant seem to find the good colonel to kill him and I am not sure what to do after killing all of the guards and clearing the compound. The location where the map tells me to go is just inside the castle but there is no colonel there.

Did you get the "clear castle" task complete status?

If you didn't, then note that the castle is considered clear when no alive enemies exist within ~150 meters around the quest marker. There might be enemy infantry holed up somewhere around the castle walls, or if you are playing with AGM_medical, unconscious enemies are still considered alive. Otherwise the task is considered complete after a 10 minute time-out regardless of enemies in the region. I might have to make clearing the castle easier in the next update.

If you did get the task complete status, there should be a cutscene right after (except if you sided with CSAT in Hidden Agenda, you need to repel an attack before an alternative cutscene is triggered.) The cutscene should lead you right to Akhanteros.

Did you get the "clear castle" task complete status?

If you didn't, then note that the castle is considered clear when no alive enemies exist within ~150 meters around the quest marker. There might be enemy infantry holed up somewhere around the castle walls, or if you are playing with AGM_medical, unconscious enemies are still considered alive. Otherwise the task is considered complete after a 10 minute time-out regardless of enemies in the region. I might have to make clearing the castle easier in the next update.

If you did get the task complete status, there should be a cutscene right after (except if you sided with CSAT in Hidden Agenda, you need to repel an attack before an alternative cutscene is triggered.) The cutscene should lead you right to Akhanteros.

Hmm perhaps it was because I was using the bcombat ai mod which can make enemies surrender. After I stormed the compound, quite a few of the enemy soldiers surrendered and put their hands in the air.

Hmm perhaps it was because I was using the bcombat ai mod which can make enemies surrender. After I stormed the compound, quite a few of the enemy soldiers surrendered and put their hands in the air.

That's gotta be it. I might include support for surrendering enemies to ensure tasks are not broken by AI mods. I think you should be able to restart the mission with bcombat disabled.

Yeah, always try the missions in vanilla before reporting.

Hey Ted,

great work on yet another campaign. Spectacular attention to detail, nice dialogue and choices to make, good and realistic atmosphere overall :)

When I get my SSD back with Arma on it, I'll delve into mission making, too. Right now, on 5400RPM HDD, it feels simply too slow and annoying with all the loading screens ;)

Great Campaign! Really enjoying it so far. Question - out on "raids" are there any vehicles around that I can use? Not found any at the moment and love me a bit of scavenging;-)

Cheers

Hey Ted,

great work on yet another campaign. Spectacular attention to detail, nice dialogue and choices to make, good and realistic atmosphere overall :)

When I get my SSD back with Arma on it, I'll delve into mission making, too. Right now, on 5400RPM HDD, it feels simply too slow and annoying with all the loading screens ;)

Hey Inlesco, I'm glad you liked it! I'm using a 5400rpm hdd as well and I found it helps to set graphics to low...

Great Campaign! Really enjoying it so far. Question - out on "raids" are there any vehicles around that I can use? Not found any at the moment and love me a bit of scavenging;-)

Cheers

Hi petek, there are no vehicles in the skirmish mission atm. But there will be!

---------- Post added at 06:08 ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 ----------

If using bCombat AI messes up campaign gameplay, set the following parameters within "bCombat\config.sqf"

[spoiler]bcombat_damage_multiplier = 1.0;
bcombat_allow_investigate = false;
bcombat_allow_fleeing = false;  
bcombat_allow_surrender = false;[/spoiler]

Thanks for the reply ted_hou.

Think some vehicles that can be used to transport gear would be most handy (I'm hoping gear persists at base?) ;-)

Again really enjoying this (and "In our Time" too) Thanks

Thanks for the reply ted_hou.

Think some vehicles that can be used to transport gear would be most handy (I'm hoping gear persists at base?) ;-)

Again really enjoying this (and "In our Time" too) Thanks

As of now discovered weapon caches are automatically transferred to camp armory. And yes armory storage is persistent.

As of now discovered weapon caches are automatically transferred to camp armory. And yes armory storage is persistent.

Great - hadn't been back to base to notice that!

Thanks again for most excellent campaign

hi ted!

Will you work on a third part for your campaign?

ted_hou - just finished campaign - really enjoyed it - great work!

Thanks for sharing it with us

;2873845'](+1) I´m also anxious for a third part =)
Great work like previous story' date=' looking for next![/quote']
hi ted!

Will you work on a third part for your campaign?

Yes, there will be a third and final part of the campaign!

ted_hou - just finished campaign - really enjoyed it - great work!

Thanks for sharing it with us

Good to hear mate! Glad you enjoyed it!