TedHo

[SP Campaign] Bell Tolls - A Sequel to In Our Time

BELL%2BTOLLS%2B2x1-800px.jpg

Bell Tolls

by

ted_hou

Bell Tolls is a story about revenge. John Hawkins has fought alongside the guerrillas for two years to see the death of the man responsible for murdering his fallen brothers. Already too much has been sacrificed in the name of vengeance, how much further is he willing to go?

*Bell Tolls follows after the events of In Our Time. This is something I have been working on for 3 months. Now it's ready! A big thanks to anyone who played In Our Time and waited for the sequel. Hope you enjoy!

Features:

• Story: A compelling story told with cutscenes and scripted-events.
  • Guerrilla warfare: Fight against an organized conventional army with crude weaponry and equipment.
  • Campaign features: A BIS styled campaign with hub missions, optional skirmish missions, armory, persistent gear plus more custom features...
  • Consequences: Decisions matter. You will have to make hard decisions. Campaign ending has 2 branches with 6 possible outcomes.
  • Atmosphere: Custom music, custom sound effects and scripted events to improve game experience.
  • Optional mod support: Play vanilla or play with mods. Modded content is seamlessly incorporated into the game. (See below for a list of supported mods)
  • Voice acting: Full voice acting! 400+ lines from 5 dedicated voice actors. Huge thanks to voice actors Mathieu Abdi, Morgenstern, Cliff Thompson, Cary Reese, and Lucas Walkowicz! Special thanks to Jonathan Cross for editing the script and including proper British army procedures and slangs.

Mod compatibility:

Although no mods are required, the following mods are supported and should not affect gameplay.

Gameplay mods

• ACE - @ace_explosives and @ace_hearing items will be provided where needed.
  • JSRS/Blastcore/... - Go for it.
    (ACE/Blastcore might cause performance drop, consider disabling for slower machines).

Weapon mods: Load any combination of the following mods and player/AI will start using custom weapons. A weapon tier system ensures the guerrillas are not overpowered.

• RHS: Escalation (v0.37) - Adds m16a4/m4/aks74/m136/rpg and a small number of accessories to guerrillas.
  • HLC weapon packs - AK/G3/FAL/M60/M14/MP5/SAW packs. Adds low-tier weapons to guerrillas.
  • RobertHammer weapons - RH M4/RH Pistols/RH Acc weapons and attachments are added to the guerrillas.
  • TF47 Launchers

AI mods

• bCombat AI - Set the following parameters within "bCombat\config.sqf"
    bcombat_damage_multiplier = 1.0;
    bcombat_allow_investigate = false;
    bcombat_allow_fleeing = false;  
    bcombat_allow_surrender = false;

Want to see support for a certain mod? Talk to me!

Known issues:

(01/14/2015)

• In Blinded Eyes loading an earlier save could break disguise status even when player is in cognito.
  • In Empire of Dirt, vehicles may drive crazy (it's just A3).
  • ASR_AI mod causes issues with the AH-6 in "Hidden Agenda" (thanks to Cpl_Davis for reporting).
  • KIMI's HMD mod breaks mission "Hidden Agenda". (thanks to ineptaphid for reporting)

Credits:

• Morgernstern Productions (http://morgensternproductions.weebly.com/). -- Kerry, Yusuf, and misc Greek voices.
  • Mathieu Abdi -- John Hawkins and Alexis Stavrou.
  • Cliff Thompson -- O'Connor and misc Greek voices
  • Cary Reese -- Miller and misc Greek voices
  • Lucas Walkowicz -- Misc Greek voices.
  • Jonathon Cross -- Script proofreading, conversion to British military lingo.

Changelog:

(06/03/2015) v0.99

• Added: Voice acting! 400+ lines from 5 dedicated voice actors. Huge thanks to voice actors Mathieu Abdi, Morgenstern, Cliff Thompson, Cary Reese, and Lucas Walkowicz! Special thanks to Jonathan Cross for editing the script and including proper British army procedures and slangs.
  • Fixed: Mod support for latest HLC weapons pack, RH m4/pistol packs, and RHS:AFRF and RHS:USAF.
  • Fixed: Game crashes on loading "Blinded Eyes".
  • Fixed: Some tasks not marked as complete in "Clear Skies".
  • Fixed: Plastic container in hub mission did not store items.

(01/17/2015) v0.83

• Skirmish: INDFOR was friendly to player.
  • Skirmish: Added more random patrols.
  • Skirmish: Decreased size of AO to prevent player from wondering too far and seeing how empty and hollow the world of Arma really was.
  • Skirmish: Added guerrilla uniforms/headgear to armory on first hub visit.
  • Skirmish: Rest option was only available on first hub visit.

(01/17/2015) v0.82

• Empire of Dirt: Gives player ANV-14 NVG if RHS USAF loaded. This did not happen due to a scripting error.
  • Empire of Dirt: Mission no longer gets stuck after clearing tower if player does not finish optional task.
  • Empire of Dirt: Fixed optional task description to avoid confusion.
  • Clear skies: Locked friendly vehicles so player can no longer order AI to board ambient helicopters.
  • Clear skies: Dependency lop_c_men (Leights Opfor) removed.
  • Mod support: Guerrillas usually spawn with one less magazine than intended. This was a big issue for machine gunners.

(01/15/2015) v0.81: Fixed dialogue-too-fast issue. 4 second delay added between all lines.

(01/14/2015) v0.80: Initial Release

Download:

- MEGA (v0.99)

- Armaholic (v0.99)

Extract the .pbo file to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/Campaigns folder.

- Steam Workshop (v1.00 Addon version)

Edited by ted_hou
  • Like 2

great, sownloading it now!

Enjoy! And please tell me if you ran into glitches/issues, or just ideas for improvements. I'd appreciate it.

Uhm, why is the main post reported....

I asked a moderator to change the thread title.

Not much ATM, just as said, dialogs are too fast. But you said it will be fixed.

YES! Can't wait to try this. Mod support as well, nice. You mentioned the voice acting was too fast, are you using kbTell at the moment at all and would using a "dummy" effect (i.e. just five seconds of silence) work better?

are you using kbTell at the moment at all and would using a "dummy" effect (i.e. just five seconds of silence) work better?

Yes, I've been using kbTell with a 1 second sleep. I just changed the sleep to 4 seconds in v0.81.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by ted_hou

wow, sounds very promising. thanks for your effort, i will try this one.

wow, sounds very promising. thanks for your effort, i will try this one.

Good to hear! Tell me what you think!

I thoroughly enjoyed the first campaign (well written, scripted, fun to play) , looking forwards to this one

would it be possible to post this on steam workshop?

Yes I intend to make it available on steam, should be up soon.

Glad you liked the last campaign. Do enjoy this one!

Good work - quite well done.

Unfortunately, I can't run Clear Skies - apparently lop_c_men is a dependency. In addition, be aware that the pre-mission briefing for Clear Skies at the camp was over in about 3 seconds - you might have missed putting sleeps into your conversation script there.

A quick question/bug -

In the second mission where you raid the tower at night and are searching for intel? After I raid the tower and clear it, Miller says lets go but once I go downstairs, miller and the rest of the friendly ai squad do nothing. Is this a scripting error or am I doing something wrong?

not sure if I am doing something wrong or it is a scripting error. Also put the question in a spoiler tag since it might spoil the plot ^

Holy crap dat opening tho...

Most cinematic I've seen in ArmA campaign yet and that's even before playing the first mission. Loving it already, but:

A quick question/bug -

In the second mission where you raid the tower at night and are searching for intel? After I raid the tower and clear it, Miller says lets go but once I go downstairs, miller and the rest of the friendly ai squad do nothing. Is this a scripting error or am I doing something wrong?

not sure if I am doing something wrong or it is a scripting error. Also put the question in a spoiler tag since it might spoil the plot ^

I've ran into this as well so I'm thinking it's a bug... Can't figure out how to progress past this point.

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to hearing the voice actors in this one :)

Good work - quite well done.

Unfortunately, I can't run Clear Skies - apparently lop_c_men is a dependency. In addition, be aware that the pre-mission briefing for Clear Skies at the camp was over in about 3 seconds - you might have missed putting sleeps into your conversation script there.

Both fixed and will be included in the next update (v0.82). Thanks for the report! Appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

A quick question/bug -

Yes it is a bug I somehow missed. Thank you for reporting it. It will be fixed in v0.82.

If you completed the optional task (finding two IR pointers) you should be able to continue on fine. Otherwise the optional task is canceled after a 60 sec timeout. I believe that's where the mission got stuck. I guess I never noticed this because I always completed the optional task... Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to hearing the voice actors in this one :)

I'm having trouble finding British/Greek VAs. I'll keep trying but this might actually take a while. :(

---------- Post added at 13:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

v0.82 update release!

https://mega.co.nz/#!TlEGkCrB!waSTKGxKGWy9BSKk5wd_shOl-qZHbSjmhvxgWeOGPNI

See changelog for details. A big thanks to those who reported bugs and provided feedback.

Holy crap dat opening tho...

Most cinematic I've seen in ArmA campaign yet and that's even before playing the first mission. Loving it already, but:

I've ran into this as well so I'm thinking it's a bug... Can't figure out how to progress past this point.

To cheat progress past that point just press left shift and numpad -

then type endmission which is a cheat to end the mission then it will send you to the next mission

To cheat progress past that point just press left shift and numpad -

then type endmission which is a cheat to end the mission then it will send you to the next mission

Ah yes I know about that one, thanks. Didn't even think to use that at the time lol.

Really enjoying this. So far only problems I am having is reading the dialogue...seems still a tad to fast. Maybe one or two more seconds would do?

Also when i did the patrol side missions, it seemed replicated. All I saw was a 4 man team rounding the area. I never fired a shot and got past all 3 one the first run. Maybe add more patrols and/or change number of teams? Maybe have them change directions as well during the patrol? Also maybe on ones or all require that the patrol teams are eliminated? Wasn't the case for me here and tasks completed.

Will keep ya posted on the rest of the progress, but love the design and story. Thank you for this once again!

So far only problems I am having is reading the dialogue...seems still a tad to fast. Maybe one or two more seconds would do?

Hi JCae2798:

Thank you for your feedback! I'm included a reworked version of the skirmish mission in v0.83. Should solve the issues you mentioned.

And about the dialogue lengths, right now there is a uniform 4 second sleep between dialogue lines. Increasing the sleep time would make certain conversations to long. I could adjust the sleep based on individual line lengths but it's just not worth the effort considering that there will be voiceacting soon. I'm sorry if this made certain dialogues difficult to read. I would appreciate any future feedback.

Thanks!

v0.83

In mission Empire of Dirt, after we cleared tower i have task to Retrive truck and escape, but i can't move. My unit is stuck after cutscene (with the US soldier on ground). I can only open inventory and throw grenades. ;)

Edited by tom3kb

v0.83

In mission Empire of Dirt, after we cleared tower i have task to Retrive truck and escape, but i can't move. My unit is stuck after cutscene (with the US soldier on ground). I can only open inventory and throw grenades. ;)

Well that's just unexpected. I'm guessing you got stuck in the spectator animation. Anyway execute this in command console and you should snap out of it.

Hawkins_1 switchMove "";

Didnt help so i cheated with endmission. ;)

you should replay it, it was a fun mission :)

Also i finished it yesterday, what i liked was "TO BE CONTINUED..." haha awesome. Cant wait for the new series as these have been a blast and a lot of effort went into them i see. Thanks again.

you should replay it, it was a fun mission :)

Hmm, maybe i will wait with playing this campaign for next update ;)

I dont like to skip missions but sometimes you dont have another option :(

v0.83

Devbranch by any chance? There was a (now fixed) bug that switchMove "" wouldn't do anything, I had exactly the same issue.