Sign in to follow this  
det0x

Poll about Arma 3 and your opinion!

How is your thoughts on Arma 3 and around the game.  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How is your thoughts on Arma 3 and around the game.

• Now im tired of the "Future" i want back to old AK's and Present time.
    • I like it just the way it is!
    • They should Add all previous content (Arma 2+dlc's) for a added object pack.
    • They should really fix the engine up / Make a complete new one for Arma 4
    • I Hope the Expansion for Arma 3 adds another map and that its not similiar to current maps (Greece)
    • Arma is no longer a war sim but a Roleplay and Wasteland game!

As said in title a poll about how you think about Arma 3s current position.

Its not a hate or "I miss the old arma before dayz people came" thread. Ive played Arma for good 6+ years.

I just wonder where people stand on their opinions in this game now that is a new year!

What do you hope to get out of this poll? Seems a little general without a proper spectrum of questions that might allow pointed conclusions to be made.

But voted anyway.

I dont want to get anything else than see where most people stand when it comes to this 6 votes.

They should really fix the engine up / Make a complete new one for Arma 4:

This is my vote but I don't think they will be able to make a completely new engine, it must be just too much work. A fully re-optimized engine would be great though, there are serious map related / multiplayer issues with the Arma 3 engine.

That being said: Arma 3 is definitely an improvement on Arma 2 so I would be happy to see what Arma 4 brings.

I don't see how these options are mutually exclusive. There are several options I want to vote for.

Det0x while I have nothing against your inquisitiveness, the way you formulated your questions outlines a certain level of bias and makes it hard for the general forum population to vote due to the lack of proper opposites . Questions 1,3,4,5,6 each tackle individual topics (although 1 and 3 revolve around the same thing), while questions 2 deals with extremes, as I'm sure no one (including me) is fully satisfied with what the game offers and would like some improvement(s).

If your goal is to find out whether or not the community shares your views, it's a good idea to give them the option of opposites and not deal in extremes, otherwise the results will be inconclusive.

why is everyone talking about arma 4 ? i mean its to early to talk about arma 4.

arma 4 has not been confirmed nor has BI confirmed that they will do another arma after they are finished with arma 3.

BI said that they will spend minimum 4 years working on arma 3 after its full release (fixing, tweaking, patching, dlc, expansions etc) so we wont hear anything from another arma in the next 4-5 years MINIMUM. and after these 4-5 years, maybe they plan to create another game in another direction (maybe something sci-fi or horror) ? and then maybe when they finished theyr new game, then they start working on another arma ? i dont know, we can only speculate of what will happen after BI is done with arma 3 BUT its WAYYYY to early to talk about another arma.

we wont hear anything from another arma in the next 4-5 years MINIMUM.

we? ;)

so you want to tell me you know about a new arma after arma 3, even when devs never mentioned it ?

why not arma3 ww2 the pacific theater?

why not arma3 vietnam?

why not arma3 ww2 western front?

why not arma3 between the two world wars?

i would pay 60 euros for each game stand alone........ if BIS wants my money

bis will develop more titles than arma in my opinion

why not arma3 ww2 the pacific theater?

why not arma3 vietnam?

why not arma3 ww2 western front?

why not arma3 between the two world wars?

i would pay 60 euros for each game stand alone........ if BIS wants my money

bis will develop more titles than arma in my opinion

"arma3 ww2" etc.. you are talking about expansions then. but i dont see a point making a vietnam war or WW2 expansion for arma 3 which plays in 2035, unless the vietnam war is a modern fictional vietnam war.

about the last part of your post:

maybe yes, and if yes, maybe they will even build something based on vietnam etc but this are all just speculation for now, BI didnt confirmed it though. they build many other games: take on helicopters, take on mars, carrier command and currently dayz. also remember that BI teamsize has been doubled which means more people working now at bohemia interactive which means more possibilities and more ideas can be converted for a newer game.

BI isnt a company anymore which only focuses on the arma series. that has been changed after arma 2.

I Hope the Expansion for Arma 3 adds another map and that its not similiar to current maps (Greece)

Snow Please

Warning, Read if you are in the mood for feels.

This is my vote, and let me state why. First off, wanting old stuff back isn't an option. Why would i want an ol rusty AK-47 when i can get an AK-12? Second, i can't talk about Arma 4, no one can, really, BIS hasn't said a word bout a new game,and as of right now, Arma 3 is where time, effort, and manpower should be poured, as it is a potential master piece waiting to happen, where it will, no one can say. Third, why vote for the Expansion when we ALL know (most anyway) that a new map is indeed coming, and if many have read, listened, they would also know that it's going to be nothing like we've experienced in previous BIS made maps. It's supposed to be totally new. Now i can't say that Arma has become a role-play game. People play that game mode because it's that, never the same, always changes in completely un expected ways, and the other alternatives aren't executed correctly. For example, play a regular casual mil sim style server and what do you get? A few things that make it un playable. First and foremost, little kids playing a military infantry based game can be a major immersion break. Also, the typical casual game modes of Vanilla Arma 3 are either clan locked, too serious, not serious enough(mainly kids playing related), and extremely repetitive, with few opportunities for players. With the new logistical features added by the Helicopters DLC, maybe someone in time will throw up a better more advanced, dynamic, fun, but still engaging game mode for players, coop or TvT based. Now... I didn't really see a vote option i liked... so i will pretend like the "I like it the way it is" vote is translation for, "It's a good game so far, getting better, needs more content and diversity". That is where i stand. It's good. I don't want AK-47's or M4A1's when i can get something that shoots better, and looks better. Why not throw a Magpul Masada or Ak-12 my way? The setting is just right, it's not future, its NOW! Anyhow, it's not Futuristic, everything is available. Give it time and things that aren't real will become real, like a coaxial helicopter that looks as if the Hind, Ka-52, and Havoc had a threesome. Where i stand is at the sweet spot. Where Arma 3 is a great platform. Right now i feel as that is what it is, a platform for new things to come in and make it better. There is no naval presence. Nothing is happening in those waters. Cool police boat, flash some lights that no one can barley see. Oh ok, a mini gun boat... That's the RHIB with upgraded hull, and it's not inflatable anymore. No new game play aspects there. Why not give us something a little more dangerous, but unique to game play. A naval craft that can do logistics, or a naval craft that can do support. It changes up game play a bit at least. The helicopters DLC was ok, it is good, it added new features that Arma could seriously use. The ropes was extra ordinary, there's so many things you can do with ropes, just not with this Engine in it's current state. It's a hack engine, and it's hard to pull of things like rappelling, because it's not designed to do fluent animations of someone holding a rope and descending down a cliff side or building. That would be godly to pull off with this Engine. Don't even get me started with ponds. Please don't. Anyhow, there's so much more to be said but others have voices too. This is just the tip of the Ice Berg. It's a potential platform.

Warning, Read if you are in the mood for feels.

This is my vote, and let me state why.

First off, wanting old stuff back isn't an option. Why would i want an ol rusty AK-47 when i can get an AK-12?

Second, i can't talk about Arma 4, no one can, really, BIS hasn't said a word bout a new game,and as of right now, Arma 3 is where time, effort, and manpower should be poured, as it is a potential master piece waiting to happen, where it will, no one can say.

Third, why vote for the Expansion when we ALL know (most anyway) that a new map is indeed coming, and if many have read, listened, they would also know that it's going to be nothing like we've experienced in previous BIS made maps. It's supposed to be totally new. Now i can't say that Arma has become a role-play game. People play that game mode because it's that, never the same, always changes in completely un expected ways, and the other alternatives aren't executed correctly.

For example, play a regular casual mil sim style server and what do you get? A few things that make it un playable. First and foremost, little kids playing a military infantry based game can be a major immersion break. Also, the typical casual game modes of Vanilla Arma 3 are either clan locked, too serious, not serious enough(mainly kids playing related), and extremely repetitive, with few opportunities for players. With the new logistical features added by the Helicopters DLC, maybe someone in time will throw up a better more advanced, dynamic, fun, but still engaging game mode for players, coop or TvT based.

Now... I didn't really see a vote option i liked... so i will pretend like the "I like it the way it is" vote is translation for, "It's a good game so far, getting better, needs more content and diversity". That is where i stand. It's good. I don't want AK-47's or M4A1's when i can get something that shoots better, and looks better. Why not throw a Magpul Masada or Ak-12 my way?

The setting is just right, it's not future, its NOW!

Anyhow, it's not Futuristic, everything is available. Give it time and things that aren't real will become real, like a coaxial helicopter that looks as if the Hind, Ka-52, and Havoc had a threesome. Where i stand is at the sweet spot. Where Arma 3 is a great platform. Right now i feel as that is what it is, a platform for new things to come in and make it better. There is no naval presence. Nothing is happening in those waters. Cool police boat, flash some lights that no one can barley see. Oh ok, a mini gun boat... That's the RHIB with upgraded hull, and it's not inflatable anymore. No new game play aspects there. Why not give us something a little more dangerous, but unique to game play. A naval craft that can do logistics, or a naval craft that can do support. It changes up game play a bit at least.

The helicopters DLC was ok, it is good, it added new features that Arma could seriously use. The ropes was extra ordinary, there's so many things you can do with ropes, just not with this Engine in it's current state. It's a hack engine, and it's hard to pull of things like rappelling, because it's not designed to do fluent animations of someone holding a rope and descending down a cliff side or building. That would be godly to pull off with this Engine. Don't even get me started with ponds. Please don't. Anyhow, there's so much more to be said but others have voices too. This is just the tip of the Ice Berg. It's a potential platform.

I'm tired but it looks about right now. Sorry wall of text night time, head starts spinning..:butbut:;)

I always feel like i won the poll if i get the most popular answer.

Nope it just mean you aspire to fit in with popular opinion,, bahhhhh ,, jokes, I won the poll too :)

why is everyone talking about arma 4 ? i mean its to early to talk about arma 4.

arma 4 has not been confirmed nor has BI confirmed that they will do another arma after they are finished with arma 3.

BI said that they will spend minimum 4 years working on arma 3 after its full release (fixing, tweaking, patching, dlc, expansions etc) so we wont hear anything from another arma in the next 4-5 years MINIMUM. and after these 4-5 years, maybe they plan to create another game in another direction (maybe something sci-fi or horror) ? and then maybe when they finished theyr new game, then they start working on another arma ? i dont know, we can only speculate of what will happen after BI is done with arma 3 BUT its WAYYYY to early to talk about another arma.

ARMA 2 came 3 years after ARMA. ARMA 3 came 4 years after ARMA 2.

I highly doubt they are going to wait 5 more years before even deciding on whether to make an ARMA 4.

Done supporting BI an ArmA3, somewhere it used to be fun, IMO BI has totally lost the spirit of OFP an sold out for the the DayZ an Wasteland, Life.

No point of polls like this. It's the same result every time. It's always the performance alternative that gets the most votes.

Present-day scenario, definitely. Operation Arrowhead had the best setting of all ArmAs so far, at least for me.

Done supporting BI an ArmA3, somewhere it used to be fun, IMO BI has totally lost the spirit of OFP an sold out for the the DayZ an Wasteland, Life.

DayZ is fine, it's not an Arma thing anymore, it's its' own game now. Whether people still play the mod is up to them. As for Wasteland, that is one of my favorite game modes. The reason why Wasteland is good, depends on who is playing. When you have all the casual none sense players, it's ok, but my much gets done. When you have 12 year olds on, I usually won't be playing. Now, when I am playing, and there are a large some of good players, that's when it gets good. Wasteland is gold when you get that sweet team that coordinates certain things. You end up never getting bored, there's always something to do, there is a place to be and a place not to be. It gets fun this way, because it displays infantry tactics at its best, 2 teams and independents acting as a random threat at times greater than you may think, which gets you trained not to under estimate your enemies.

As for the life mode though, it can die in a hole. (Lol, jk) No, but I actually don't play life at all. The only time I would play life is to do Logistical work. Buy a big heli and then go to work as a towing service for stuck and broken down cars, thanks to the new Rope Technology.