Sign in to follow this  
mech79

Heli Evac back to base for heal?

Does anybody have a script or wants to do a script that when a person is shot you have to bandage and give blood and morphine like AGM but then call in transport in order to take them back to base for a revive. This way it can be a little more realistic as the person that is shot would be medivaced out then reinforcements would come back in which would be the heal partner. Is anybody up to the challenge? I don't know enough about scripting to be able to do something like this.

Darn I was hoping somebody would have thought this was a good Idea and took the challenge...lol.

I thought about it, then decided a human pilot was a much easier solution.

im using norrins revive ported to arma3

It has a "respawn special" folder which i believe has an airiel medivac chopper.I havnt used it yet.His revive script is extensive and worth a look if you have time.

Thanks I will take a look. Its that or just leave respawn at base with helicopter available.

Checked it out and all he has is a heli above a marker where you can respawn and jump into AO. I want to be able to bandage someone up then wait for evac load them on to evac and when they reach base they can respawn and fly back in.

Edited by mech79

There was an A2OA campaign '100 Days', that had a chopper medivac system. Check it out maybe?

It is a good idea. It crossed my mind a while back, have a server where there was a medivac script where AI comes in, loads wounded into chopper and RTB's.

Would be awesome on an Insurgency type game-mode.

It is a good idea. It crossed my mind a while back, have a server where there was a medivac script where AI comes in, loads wounded into chopper and RTB's.

Would be awesome on an Insurgency type game-mode.

That is basically what I would like to use but when the injured returned to base they would respawn and could then get a chopper ride back out.

Ok so is there anyone that can put a script together for a medivac? The system in A2OA campaign '100 Days' is kind of like what I want except instead of corpman healing everybody he loads injured into chopper and returns them to base. Is there anybody that can make this work?

I somewhat doubt someone is going to do this "on demand". It's a lot of work, it's not clearly specified, and its usefulness is dubious. Personally, I dislike MEDEVAC in anything other than large scale SP missions, because in any MP scenario it simply will take way too much time to get ferried forth and back, and it's very boring in terms of gameplay for everyone as well, for a tiny immersion gain. The remaining squad will have to hunker down and wait until their buddies get ferried back. And what if one enemy brings out an AA? It can ruin the entire scenario "flow" and waste 10-15min for everyone.