Sign in to follow this  
eddo36

The future of military vehicles

DARPA is developing the next generation of armored vehicles that will be faster, more agile and highly automated.

Well that brought back some fun flashbacks of BF2142 for some reason.

All this maneuvers... If rapid enough to evade also modern/future AT missiles/projectiles/beams :P , not only RPG-7 grandpa... poor driver. :) I wonder, what future armament could be put on this to keep it as agile and give it enough firepower.

This vehicle lacks a very important component IMO: a loudspeaker system which plays the "trololo" song each time the vehicle dodges a tank shell or an RPG. Imagine the impact on those poor insurgent's ears.

Neat concept but they should rename it, it's unpronounceable, Gxiveetee ?

Paint it pink and call it "Ballerina" :D

This thing is a pretty stupid idea, why? because it doesn´t look IED proof at all.

I wonder what it does for crew protection, last I recall our big problem in iraq wasn't maneuverability (unless you count tanks in cities but then again herpaderp) but crew protection. Are they really saying that this thing can take as much an uparmored humvee while also retaining that agility (just imagine the whiplash, woo) The idea sounds cute but less weight=less armor and more composite armors=more$$$ and tend to be less repairable in the field.

Look at that badass fire the RPG one handed.

Also. Ouch my spine.

This thing is a pretty stupid idea, why? because it doesn´t look IED proof at all.

That's because it's using

r, duh!

I wonder what it does for crew protection, last I recall our big problem in iraq wasn't maneuverability (unless you count tanks in cities but then again herpaderp) but crew protection. Are they really saying that this thing can take as much an uparmored humvee while also retaining that agility (just imagine the whiplash, woo) The idea sounds cute but less weight=less armor and more composite armors=more$$$ and tend to be less repairable in the field.

More armor wears down the vehicle faster. The average lifespan of an armored vehicle in Iraq and Afghanistan was 6 to 8 months. It should have been 4 to 6 years but due to the wear and tear that extra armor puts on the chassis and other systems.

Besides this vehicle is so automated, maybe it's meant to be remote controlled driven?

Edited by Eddo36

Kinda like the futuristic design,you could even ship it to Mars in case some aliens pop out from underground.:p