NeoArmageddon

Map Builder - Ingame 3D-Editor for terrain creation

21 hours ago, 1para{god-father} said:

Hi ,

How can I use Apex Objects , i have installed Mikero Config but still i don't see them in MB ?

Also how do you Use presets - if I load them how can I use them ?  sorry could not find any documentation on use 

Thanks

As far as I know there are no MLODs for Apex objects available as of now. If you want to use them for mission/template creation your best option is to have a look at how the A2/A3 MB compatibility addons work (you can unpack the pbos bundled with MB).

Presets are loaded and saved from clipboard: Ctrl + C -> Ctrl + V

• Like 1

Hi Everybody.

I've create a new map with terrain builder and me and my team want place object on this map with map-builder.

For the moment is very simple.

At the end, we export the mapping on .txt and import him on our terrain builder.
When we import, we have problem with our object. They don't are okey and they
becomes not in same place.

Sorry for my bad english, and thanks for your answers.
Bastien Sins

Bug with terrain builder txt import. Place objects without any pitch and bank (only apply rotation and nothing more). When pitch and/or bank is needed apply it directly in terrain builder after import.

@NeoArmageddon Hello after the last patch of Arma  the dialogs have ceased to operate and everything goes off-site ,

Do you have any solution for this? , I really like this editor:) , thanks

91d3c2b9fe1c299103c45f8dcfbde9d1.jpg

8 hours ago, pakitoesp said:

@NeoArmageddon Hello after the last patch of Arma  the dialogs have ceased to operate and everything goes off-site ,

Do you have any solution for this? , I really like this editor:) , thanks

Sorry, don't habe a quick fix, but I am struggling with the offsetted text myself. 

Sorry, I was very busy the last few weeks with RL stuff. But the good news: I fixed the text problem and took the chance to also update a few other aspects of MB for a proper update.

You can find version 0.9.1 here. The changelog is here.

I updated the controls for better useability and to reflect the controls in EDEN that got released in the mean time. This way people don't have to memorise two completly different 3D editor controls.

Still Map Builder has some unique twists to controls to help with object placement. You now select objects with a left click and deselect them with a right click. Middle mouse button is used to draw a selection and right mouse button is now the camera control.

All other object manipulation is now bound to the left mouse button: Movement, rotation (Shift pressed) and height adjustment (Alt pressed).

Hope this helps to make MB easier to understand. I will try to update the docs in the near future. Help is always welcome.

I can't believe the last update was more than two years ago :(

• Like 2

How is this different from the Eden Editor?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Experimental build with an attempt to fix the Pitch/Bank export to TB: http://anzp.de/upload/MapBuilder_0_9_2_dev.7z

I need some feedback if this worked and, if not, how the objects end in TB. Unfortunatly I don't have a test terrain in TB to test it right now.

Pitch is Shift+Ctrl+Left mouse and Bank is Ctrl+Alt+Left mouse.

Kudos to zgmrvn for his find of the TB value range of pitch/bank.

• Like 1

Sorry for that, but it is outdated aonce 0.9 anyway. I will update the docs as soon as I have some free time and wrapped up the UI overhaul.

If you need help, feel free to ask here.

22 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Sorry for that, but it is outdated aonce 0.9 anyway. I will update the docs as soon as I have some free time and wrapped up the UI overhaul.

If you need help, feel free to ask here.

Ok thanks,

What are the basic controls?

Add Object

Delete Object

Rotate Object

Raise and Lower Object

ETC

Thanks

Adanteh wrote some awesome new UI tech for the next MapBuilder update (WIP):

• Like 5

Wow that looks way better!

Is it possible to set some sort of source object when exporting to sqf, so you could make all other objects be relative to the position of that object instead of having it just generate positions within the world. 

This way you could have a sort of collection of objects positioned around a center that you can move around without having to worry about the other positions. Maybe it could be exported as a function?

Because otherwise I don't really see the point of using this versus the 3d editor already in arma 3.

Select objects, hit Ctrl+C, tab out of Arma and into an texteditor of your choice, hit Ctrl + V.

When you paste it in a fn_something it is even the type of function you want. All objects are relative to the mouse position when you hit Ctrl+C.

3 hours ago, DreaM2 said:

Thanks for this great release, why i cant export in p3d with sqf?

Because p3d is for objects/models and that wouldn't make any sense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Because p3d is for objects/models and that wouldn't make any sense.

Yes bush and trees is  object/model, so why dont use createSimpleObject instead of createvehicle?

this mod is for like spawn object that we cant spawn with eden right?

18 hours ago, DreaM2 said:

Yes bush and trees is  object/model, so why dont use createSimpleObject instead of createvehicle?

Because that command were not available, when I wrote MB.

18 hours ago, DreaM2 said:

this mod is for like spawn object that we cant spawn with eden right?

No, it is for assembling compositions for terrain editing (not placing objects for missions). Aka export to Terrain Builder™.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeoArmageddon said:

No, it is for assembling compositions for terrain editing (not placing objects for missions). Aka export to Terrain Builder™.

hmm ok that explains everything, sorry for my bad knowledge :dontgetit: .