NeoArmageddon

Map Builder - Ingame 3D-Editor for terrain creation

Hi Neo,

Have you got plans to update this for 64 bit Arma?  The dlls won't run under 64 bit currently, which means a lot of switching around.

Many thnaks for the work you have done so far on this - very useful!  :)

Not 64bit yet, but in preparation I fixed the Map Builder wiki (SQL password auto expired... d'oh).

Just a quick poll: Who is still actively using MB and what for (terrains, missions, compositions, something else maybe)?

• Like 1

Mainly for compositions, sometimes for missions and also exporting data out of the game into text files (so it's not buried in the report file.

terrains and It's my primary go to tool for checking out structures I create for arma,. it allows me to quickly load up assets in-game and test them.

If I understand correctly, this is a simplified terrain builder in concept?  Can I manipulate the terrain through this add on?

No, this is a simplified (and ingame) "Buldozer" for placing objects (simpler and more quick than possible with 3DEN).

Hi  

I downloaded MapBuilder_0_9.7z but when I start the map builder the version is 0.7.3. 

also when I load one of my old projects the objects are created far away from the player, I wonder what defines the center point for the objects?

another problem I'm having is that I forgot how to move the camera properly? I can move it but not rotate

thx

53 minutes ago, gc8 said:

Hi  

I downloaded MapBuilder_0_9.7z but when I start the map builder the version is 0.7.3. 

You are mixing the mission and addon version of MP. Place the map builder module on a new mission.

16 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

You are mixing the mission and addon version of MP. Place the map builder module on a new mission.

thx! :)

On 3.1.2017 at 8:36 PM, das attorney said:

Have you got plans to update this for 64 bit Arma?  The dlls won't run under 64 bit currently, which means a lot of switching around.

On 4.1.2017 at 1:56 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

Sure, I will create one next weekend.

I don't wanted to leave you hanging but I will most likely wait till 64bit hits the main branch. Maybe I will bundle the 64bit dll directly with an MB update than.

• Like 1

Now that APEX and tanoa has arrived, is there any way in separating the new DLC objects from the main A3 objects? I'm not ready to use tanoa objects on my map just yet, and the only thing separating them as of now, is my memory since they all end up under the A3 category.

And thanks again for an awesome program, It's a huge help in map making.

15 hours ago, Grizzly Simulations said:

Now that APEX and tanoa has arrived, is there any way in separating the new DLC objects from the main A3 objects? I'm not ready to use tanoa objects on my map just yet, and the only thing separating them as of now, is my memory since they all end up under the A3 category.

The next release (no date yet) will most likely see a shift to non dynamic object lists (aka more curated lists) containing only the path to p3ds for use with TB and "createsimpleobject".

In the mean time you can add a plain config pbo to your A3 that changes the filter for the object. Just have a look at the MB pbos. The filters are no rocket science ;)

Now I'm not sure if I have missed this being answered earlier but, 

can multiple people access the interface and place down objects and have one person export them all?

Is it able to edit and/or export objects placed down by Zues?

Reason being, if it is possible I can 'enslave' my milsim unit for a few days and work on super dense cities and large terrain maps

When the MB module is placed in an MP mission all users can access the interface and objects are synchronized. Everyone can than save/export all of the objects.

Make sure to save often and start with a clean map after ~200 objects (better export in small chunks).

On 4/21/2017 at 0:27 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

Sorry it took me so long but I kinda had absolutly no motivation to touch any kind of modding for some time.

I uploaded the MB dlls with 64bit support. They can be found on the MB download page or here: http://map-builder.info/downloads/MapBuilder_0_9_DLLs_64bit.7z

Thanks very much Neo - much appreciated!  (I know what you mean about modding - my graphics card died about a month ago and I haven't felt inclined to replace it yet so no gaming/modding for me either).

edit:  I just tried to go on map-builder.info but chrome says it detects malware on the site and puts up a big warning.  Thought I'd let you know.

1 hour ago, das attorney said:

edit:  I just tried to go on map-builder.info but chrome says it detects malware on the site and puts up a big warning.  Thought I'd let you know.

Thanks, the problem was already resolved but seems like Google and Sophos keep the warning. I can assure you, that you can safely browse the side.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 5:47 PM, Koldobika Zagastube said:

When i try import to terrain builder i have this error, why? https://gyazo.com/4fd81f67c1e86c47a4ddfb909e828b87

u have loaded all objects library in TerrainBuilder ?  if u import   in a layer objects that dont exist in object library......

Edited by W4lly63

Hi ,

How can I use Apex Objects , i have installed Mikero Config but still i don't see them in MB ?

Also how do you Use presets - if I load them how can I use them ?  sorry could not find any documentation on use 

Thanks