NeoArmageddon

Map Builder - Ingame 3D-Editor for terrain creation

Nice features added there, certainly makes things more user friendly. I couldn't imagine what crazy code must be written to pull all this off, I'm too used to dealing with scripting commands that are pre-built to already do what I want them to do ..

Have the new version 0. 9, replace the addons but the version is 0. 8 in red, and I cannot gain access to the new menus, any solution?  , ty and great job 

Have the new version 0. 9, replace the addons but the version is 0. 8 in red, and I cannot gain access to the new menus, any solution?  , ty and great job 

Don't load the old 0.8 mission and have a look at the Wiki how 0.9 is started (Module!).

Ey Neo. I´ve overridden the project but have the "mission.sqm". how I can re-import to get the project back, is this possible?

Load the mission.sqm, add a MB Module, start MB, go to Import/Export and click "Import from Editor"

Many thanks Neo, but the objects are out of place

Many thanks Neo, but the objects are out of place

That is a general A3 problem. See the threads regarding this problem and the official EDEN editor.

No problem Neo. the problem is solved. Thanks for the patience. :)

Hey,

I want to create my own island to. I allready create a xyz file in L3DT ( map creatin program ) and a texture file, so the island is now empty. I want to use your tool to fill it with objects and cities and stuff, but how do you get a *.mbproj file?

Finally got to spending some time with Map Builder, first off, great job on this! :) Very simple to use, object manipulation options are great with the additional options to be able to rotate vectors as well. Also the volume of objects that MP has been made to support from A1, A2, A3 and some user made addons is very nice.

One question, does the scale setting for objects work for exporting to .Sqm and .Sqf scripts, or is it only for exporting to Terrain Builder/etc/For map makers? If it does work for .Sqm/.Sqf export, could someone tell me how you change the scale of an object in the MB editor? I am not able to find any documentation for a list of the commands for MB, the wiki seems to not have it, and the link to the old deprecated MB documentation leads to a "page cannot be displayed" page.

Thanks!

THe scaling doesn't work in sqm/sqf as there is no way to scale objects ingame.

You can scale an object with the object insprector: Double right click an object.

Gotcha, thanks for the info there.

Btw, the preview pictures of the various objects feature in the MB editor is very cool.

Btw, the preview pictures of the various objects feature in the MB editor is very cool.

Thanks, the old version (link) were even cooler but an engine bug made it very unstable and often crashed the game for a lot of people. Hopefully I can reintroduce it sometime in the future.

Preview pictures just show a blank grey window after reinstalling everything on a fresh system.

Any ideas?

Also, I have an idea for you, maybe this is just a personal preference but I'd like the ability to use arrow up/down to scroll through every object. That would make it even faster for me to find the right objects.

EDIT:
Solved. The preview pictures are depending on Picture in Picture.

Map building has never been easier. Thank you for this tool, would not have started on map making again without it.

Thanks for your feedback and especially your video!

Your terrains loosk really nice. Is there a thread somewhere about it?

Thanks for your feedback and especially your video!

Your terrains loosk really nice. Is there a thread somewhere about it?

No problem and thanks.

Unfortunately no, I wont get people to exited about it before I am certain it's something I will get 100% done.

Is this old now? Since eden, you can just place objects and export the same

Is this old now? Since eden, you can just place objects and export the same

I don't think so. MB has many functions Eden is still missing (Fence placement, Brushes, etc).

Eden was build for mission, not terrain editing. The requirements for both are similar, but not the same.

Hi, the Map Builder Module is not showing up. Is the tool still usable with the latest update? Doesnt work for me

Where can I find a map DayZ 0.61 very necessary?

Thanks)

You cant, and dont try to copy it over from the SA because it wont work anymore. Also, I wouldn't recommend you to publish it for arma 3 nor to publish anything from the SA for arma 3 or BI will be VERY angry  ;)

Hey, is there any way of importing my MB project into EDEN as an SQM? I've failed multiple times doing this