NeoArmageddon

Map Builder - Ingame 3D-Editor for terrain creation

I uploaded a new development/Preview version of 0.9 to the new Map Builder Wiki.

You can find the Dev37b here. The Changelog is here.

Please post feedback and encountered bugs here!

I also invite everybody to help populating the Wiki together with me!

• Like 1

I want to say thanks for this great piece of work :) I've been nearing the end of my scripting project, and was trying to figure out how I was going to move on to something less complex and potentially more enjoyable in the area of map population with objects for the mission, and then I stumbled on this thread - gives something nice to look forward to.

Great job on all of this.. can't help but think maybe Bis has taken notice of your editor here..

Great job on all of this.. can't help but think maybe Bis has taken notice of your editor here..

Thanks! They definitly have, but they doesn't seem very eager to help me with some problems and bugs I encountered in their software. I suspect because they are working on their own 3DE (not sure this will cover terrain making).

But if feel free to give some upvotes on my Map Builder (and X-Cam and every other 3DE) related tickets:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=25365

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23519

I hope with the BIS 3DE also come some engine/tools improvements I can incorporate into Map Builder.

I uploaded a new development/Preview version of 0.9 to the new Map Builder Wiki.

You can find the Dev37b here. The Changelog is here.

Please post feedback and encountered bugs here!

I also invite everybody to help populating the Wiki together with me!

Thanks for working tirelessly on this! Such amazing tools are very much needed!

Speaking of MB's Wiki, what exactly do you think is missing in it? If possible, I'd certainly help out.

Thanks for working tirelessly on this! Such amazing tools are very much needed!

Speaking of MB's Wiki, what exactly do you think is missing in it? If possible, I'd certainly help out.

Start the new Map Builder and click in a "?" in one of the windows header. The wiki is missing most of the "indepth" description of MB functionality. If anybody would like to describe the parts, controls and workflow of Map Builder, that would be a great help!

Add anything you see fit!

No idea why, but MB's action vanished from the menu after I saved one of my missions in the editor (A3 - STABLE - latest version as of this date).

Tried:

• To sync the module to my player unit - nope
  • Restart / resave the mission - nope
  • Deleted and recreated the module in the editor - nope
  • Restarted A3 - worked.

Also, I haven't figured all of the controls, but there's an inconsistency (IMO) - sometimes, the camera continues to move in a direction after I end my WASD input.

Some suggestions:

• Differentiate the objects placed with MB on the map (Zeus did it right ;))
  • Add a 'jump to player' button or differentiate the player in the map
  • Allow to include entire categories of objects into fav list. Fe, I always seek for Wrecks to be available in a single click, not at the bottom of the selection list sorted alphabetically

Will post more when I get some time to experiment further :)

Also, I haven't figured all of the controls, but there's an inconsistency (IMO) - sometimes, the camera continues to move in a direction after I end my WASD input.

Alt + Tab and ArmA3 locks keypressed/doesn't track key releases. Normal behaviour, you also have it in the main menu of arma, when you scroll with W or S and Alt + Tab out of the game.

• Allow to include entire categories of objects into fav list. Fe, I always seek for Wrecks to be available in a single click, not at the bottom of the selection list sorted alphabetically

Good idea, will add this, when I rework the UI.

Hi Neo. Question. The accuracy of objects is not really well defined?. For example, I've put some fences with care and accuracy, but when i load the project these are misplaced. sorry for my english (google translate)

P.S.: Best tool editor for me. Thanks for collaborating with the community

Hi Neo. Question. The accuracy of objects is not really well defined?. For example, I've put some fences with care and accuracy, but when i load the project these are misplaced. sorry for my english (google translate)

P.S.: Best tool editor for me. Thanks for collaborating with the community

That shouldn't be. The accuracy is on most terrains around ~1cm (which is the maximum accuracy of ArmA3 positions). Is your terrain very large and you are placing objects at large coordinates?

That shouldn't be. The accuracy is on most terrains around ~1cm (which is the maximum accuracy of ArmA3 positions). Is your terrain very large and you are placing objects at large coordinates?

No, it's in Altis. The position misplaced objects that are not much, but there are bad.The images below of the problem

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/617347345576887587/B0170213A544A295CAA7E9FFC0C6A7AAF5476A59/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/617347345576886594/16A84A9EC10CF5C5801F387D7C6396A742349846/

Hello!

Nice tool! This made me try arma tools again.. ("Sigh")

Well, I ran into a problem..
When importing, I get the txt error in TB. So i looked into it, and all my classnames in my TB library is named differently than the ones from your map builder export .txt.

Take Barn_Metal as an example. That's its name in my library, and in Map Builder.
But, in the export TXT it's reffered to as "01_civilian_01_barn_metal_mb".

That's the case with all my AiA stuff.

What have I done wrong? After 8 hours of reinstalling and trying to figure it out, Im starting to loose hope here. :P

Taking the barn metal as an example, i extracted this from AIA's buildings2.pbo. The buildings2 folder is as this:

P:\ca\buildings2\

Luckily I can just remove the "01_civilian_01_" and "_mb" parts from the txt which looks like it does the job in TB. Except for some walls and a few other things. But it's a lot of work.

Why does TB take the "p3d name", and Map Builder something different? And how do I fix this?
And sorry if Im missing something obvious. Thanks for a really helpful tool!

Why does TB take the "p3d name", and Map Builder something different? And how do I fix this?

And sorry if Im missing something obvious. Thanks for a really helpful tool!

Use "Export TML" to export a Terrain Builder Library file (.xml) that you can import into TB when right clicking on your Library and select "Load Library". 

I choose to use the classnames because p3d names are not unique within ArmA3 (for examples all rocks are dublicated and you don't know which rocks you get ingame).

The TML library is experimental. Make a backup of your whole TB project before importing.

In the next release will be a option to toggle p3d or classnames in TB export.

I added Development Version Week 38a to the MB Wiki: http://wiki.map-builder.info/w/Downloads#Development

I added a "Straight mode" for brusher and reintroduced the "Exact position"-hack (which COULD fix notakins precision problems).

Also a first version of TB Import by Lappihuan made it into this version.

All changes are listed here: http://wiki.map-builder.info/w/Changelog_Dev38a

Feedback is highly appreciated!

• Like 1

I added Development Version Week 38a to the MB Wiki: http://wiki.map-builder.info/w/Downloads#Development

I added a "Straight mode" for brusher and reintroduced the "Exact position"-hack (which COULD fix notakins precision problems).

All changes are listed here: http://wiki.map-builder.info/w/Changelog_Dev38a

Feedback is highly appreciated!

Tried it, objects imported to TB where all put on the same spot in TB. 0,0,0 it seems.

Removed mod, installed 8.0 - now the module doesnt show in the list no matter what I do or how I load it. I dont see how that is possible. Removed @Mapbuilder. Put in new @Mapbuilder. Load - nothing. :p

Tell me if you need anything from me.

you're a genius!!..I am very grateful for what you've done!. Check out how it looks now

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/617347345585499297/A552E25488AAD93BD321123A91A7F70C6448D7B0/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/617347345585500823/E611F43DCF645BCAF5E1B2C5137D97C45C330349/

Tried it, objects imported to TB where all put on the same spot in TB. 0,0,0 it seems.

Removed mod, installed 8.0 - now the module doesnt show in the list no matter what I do or how I load it. I dont see how that is possible. Removed @Mapbuilder. Put in new @Mapbuilder. Load - nothing. :P

Tell me if you need anything from me.

Refer to the readme of how 0.8 is installated. Module was introduced with 0.9 Dev.

The export problem is fixed in Dev38b. I updated the Wiki page: http://wiki.map-builder.info/w/Downloads#Development

Refer to the readme of how 0.8 is installated. Module was introduced with 0.9 Dev.

I could have sworn the version I used until now was 8.0 since I have used it with modules so far.

Thats why I was confused why it was gone all of a sudden.

But, that doesnt change what I experienced with TB import.

I'm sorry to be such a pain in the butt, but Importing AiA vegetation I made with brush tool made the vegetation in TB giant. Like if i put object size +500% or something.
Litterally 100 meter forests lol. I put scale on +/- 10 in brush.

Any tips?

Also, thanks for the p3d option!

Litterally 100 meter forests lol. I put scale on +/- 10 in brush.

Any tips?

Scale is a factor not a percentage:

1 -> 100%

1.2 -> 120%

2 -> 200%

10 -> 1000%

Hey I don't know if I am blind or dumb but I can't find the "MapBuilder" module in the modules list?

I looked through all the categories to see if it somehow went in there but nothing

I only started @MapBuilder with no other mods for debug still nothing to find 

y7zsDjP.jpg

The module is only in Development 0.9 branch. 0.8 Stable still uses a missionfile. Refer to the readme supplied with the download.